Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Wikkheiser posted:

i'm being surly. but remember when milo was supposed to go to a WH briefing? and people were like :ohdear:

lol

Milo asked the Press Secretary to threaten Twitter into getting his account unbanned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Milos is so desperate to regain standing with his conservative friends that he bleeps out the word "pussy" in his facebook posts.

So irreverent! He's not what you'd call, "politically correct"

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/Anawnnemus/status/841792440881274880

interesting read

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

My favorite thing about Milo is the difference between his Glamour Shots official portrait and how he can't seem to help but look like an alcoholic near rock bottom anytime he steps out in public, including when going on national television.

Is that "I'm one bad night away from an intervention" look something he does on purpose?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

they won't though. the dnc will double down with the post modenist "left" because thats "easier" and the GOP will continue going more and more insane and gain more nutjobs like that clown. they will contiunue to get hosed over because they have no real moveset against the alt right because the alt right have taken and absorbed their play book and branching out would be "problematic"

THC posted:

Milos is so desperate to regain standing with his conservative friends that he bleeps out the word "pussy" in his facebook posts.

So irreverent! He's not what you'd call, "politically correct"

drat, how the mighty have fallen, he writes like a conservative soccer mom now.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 00:46 on Mar 15, 2017

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

yo Jacobin you of all people should know that you cant out-argue fascists because their ideology is intentionally incoherent

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

got some experience you wanna share?
baloogan has swam in the poo and piss

he was born in it, moulded by it.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

The Enlightenment also directly lead to free market capitalism and the white man's burden. Enlightenment philosophy's failings and contradictions are what laid the groundwork for the hard right's sweep into power. I'm all for taking inspiration from history, but we can't rely on the past to make a better future.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Azathoth posted:

My favorite thing about Milo is the difference between his Glamour Shots official portrait and how he can't seem to help but look like an alcoholic near rock bottom anytime he steps out in public, including when going on national television.

Is that "I'm one bad night away from an intervention" look something he does on purpose?

milo is a death spiral made manifest

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Admiral Ray posted:

milo is a death spiral made manifest

some folks are the fist that will pierce the heavens :shrug:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Azathoth posted:

cocaine is a hell of a drug

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I can't believe I'm saying this but, this is beneath Alex Jones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATaQ7n1iSy8

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I can't believe I'm saying this but, this is beneath Alex Jones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATaQ7n1iSy8

i sometimes get the sense you live on another planet. or, worse, europe.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Baloogan posted:

i sometimes get the sense you live on another planet. or, worse, europe.

prison planet

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Is jontrons career over yet

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

Is jontrons career over yet

no, but its dwindled. his friends on normal boots have smartly abandoned them(but some wokes still want to burn down normal boots(the club jontron was part off) for ever knowing him apparently even though the rest of normal books is left as gently caress and cool.) and most of his fans think he either went too far or that he is loving moron bigot. his reddit is openly mocking him.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dapper_Swindler posted:

his reddit is openly mocking him.

:stare:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
what the gently caress is normal boots

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Wikkheiser posted:

It's the name of the production company or something and also a game item name joke.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/Catasplurge/status/841488095501524993

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Wikkheiser posted:

normal boots is the youtube club/org he sorta belonged too. most of them are pretty good.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

the black husserl posted:

i'm just riffing off the wildly virulent hatred for games like gone home, but maybe they're cool with walking sims as long as no gays allowed

what?

end it today!
before goon disorder strikes you, or someone you know

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

wizard on a water slide posted:

like 50% of anti-feminist argument online is rooted in "right-wing women are beautiful leggy blondes and lefty women are fat shapeless jews"; they have to cast the part, just like they swallowed all their disgust with milo because he's handsome from the right angle when he doesn't dress like a dipshit

I can't imagine a tougher gig than an overweight young woman trying to break into right-wing punditry

she would have to take up anorexia, buy new boobs (due to the aforementioned anorexia), and get regular salon touch ups

1. she would need money
2. a healthy sense of self loathing, and
3. a bitter hatred for the rest of humanity

that's why the alt right babe is such an oddity, too many things need to line up first

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

MizPiz posted:

The Enlightenment also directly lead to free market capitalism and the white man's burden. Enlightenment philosophy's failings and contradictions are what laid the groundwork for the hard right's sweep into power. I'm all for taking inspiration from history, but we can't rely on the past to make a better future.

Return to the Enlightenment, assassinate the Physiocrats, return to the present and just kinda hope more human centered economic philosophies won out. Repeat as needed.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Azathoth posted:

no, he's just a broken brit

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

THC posted:

shes not even that hot tbh i could easily mistake her for any other ignorant 20ish fake blonde ive met

that's entirely the point
think of it like, the standardized mediocrity version of beauty, the starbucks of attractiveness

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Not a Step posted:

Return to the Enlightenment, assassinate the Physiocrats, return to the present and just kinda hope more human centered economic philosophies won out. Repeat as needed.

Okay, now I'm liking the idea

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

that's entirely the point
think of it like, the standardized mediocrity version of beauty, the starbucks of attractiveness

You need to be hot enough to attract the interest of a basement dwelling schlub, but not so attractive as to make yourself seem unapproachable. Its 'girl next door' + 1. If you can hit that window you can be an 'alt' personality on any side of the ideological divide and have tons of incredibly creepy fans who will financially support you so long as you play the character correctly.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Baloogan posted:

lol none of yall actually have been poo poo or pissed upon

getting hit by sewage while inspectin' doesn't count my man.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ive been poo poo on by birds

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

The Enlightenment was built on a foundation of slavery lol

Ed. Balls I just can't take the Enlightenment seriously as a movement because so many of the Enlightenment-era revolutionaries and thinkers screeched about taxation equaling slavery while owning actual real slaves they frequently tortured to death

Big Fat Iguana has issued a correction as of 06:43 on Mar 15, 2017

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Baloogan posted:

I've had birds gently caress my hands, shoulders, head, and shoes

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Big Fat Iguana posted:

I've had birds gently caress my hands, shoulders, head, and shoes

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Baloogan posted:

attacked by birds, birds flying into and bopping off of my car birds, but never poo poo on by birds

I think I'm the winner here :smug:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
too many lindsay graham posts :whitewater:

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

MizPiz posted:

The development of capitalism, to the extent that the Enlightenment caused it, wasn't a bad thing at the time. It represented a huge step forward. And obviously European colonialism proceeded the Enlightenment by centuries, so I have no idea why you're tossing that in there too.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Big Fat Iguana posted:

The Enlightenment was built on a foundation of slavery lol

Ed. Balls I just can't take the Enlightenment seriously as a movement because so many of the Enlightenment-era revolutionaries and thinkers screeched about taxation equaling slavery while owning actual real slaves they frequently tortured to death

This is sanctimonious moralizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Thug Lessons posted:

This is sanctimonious moralizing.

no.

this is the punch nazis thread.