Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Yo check this sick dunk out

https://twitter.com/NBAcom/status/841824542196682752

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I did that in a pickup game once . It owned

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

tanglewood1420 posted:

I think I'd still rather have Noah's contract than Parsons'.

Parsons is guaranteed 100% trash for the next three years - he is the seventh best wing on the Grizzlies' roster. His defence has evaporated as he has lost all lateral movement whatsoever, all he does is wave in an agitated manner as players blow by him. On offense he is even worse and his jumpers are hilariously bad. At least with Noah there is the possibility, however slim, of him getting healthy for brief periods and being a solid starter for a few games at a time.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Is there any chance Parsons could get healthy to the point he could be a serviceable shooter off the bench? At that price, it would still be terrible for the Grizzlies, but I could see a small chance at a path towards usefulness. I can't say the same for Noah, who's pretty much guaranteed to be a forced retirement or straight cut at some point in the next couple of years.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I want the Pelicans to stomp all the short shooty teams with 7 footer to 7 footer passes that go clear over the other team's reach.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Is there a country more technologically advanced than Germany? Parsons should go there to have the blood magic centrifuge treatment

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Whoever said Parsons is the new Danny Granger (before the newest injury) is most likely right. I'd love to see him turn it around but doubt it's going to happen.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

cougar cub posted:

NBA summer league for Vegas announced (July 7-17). Plan on going as it's a great excuse to drink in Vegas when it's god drat hot.

Has anyone done Vegas summer league before and if so have any advice / things I should know?

My tip from going two years ago: do not go for a whole week. Holy gently caress Vegas is exhausting.

Also eat a buffet, then just go to Thomas and Mack early and plant yourself down really close to the court for the day.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
A guy once told me that a long weekend is the best length of time for Vegas. Just long enough so that you can go hard but short enough that your body doesn't involuntarily shut down on you. Then you book the first day off when you're back home to sleep.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Spacebump posted:

Whoever said Parsons is the new Danny Granger (before the newest injury) is most likely right. I'd love to see him turn it around but doubt it's going to happen.

Wow, Danny Granger? That's a name I hadn't heard in a long time.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
My tip is also just don't plan well in advance for just one day if you only want to see one team, because the schedule is not as firmly in stone as say a regular season game, especially near the end. Give yourself a couple of days to see who you want to see.

attackmole posted:

A guy once told me that a long weekend is the best length of time for Vegas. Just long enough so that you can go hard but short enough that your body doesn't involuntarily shut down on you. Then you book the first day off when you're back home to sleep.

Go to Vegas, then drive to the Grand Canyon or Zion after to regenerate.

Rick fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 15, 2017

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Zogo posted:

code:
Select the eight Eastern Conference playoff teams:

Votes	Percentage
Cavaliers	106	99.1%
Raptors		106	99.1%
Celtics		105	98.1%
Pistons		96	89.7%
Hawks		87	82.1%
Pacers		81	75.7%
Hornets		68	63.6%
Wizards		64	59.8%
Bulls		45	42.1%
Knicks		30	28.0%
Bucks		29	27.1%
Magic		24	22.4%
Heat		14	13.1%
76ers		1	0.93%
Nets		0	0%

Select the eight Western Conference playoff teams:

Votes	Percentage
Warriors	107	100%
Spurs		105	98.1%
Clippers	104	97.2%
Thunder		90	84.1%
Trail Blazers	84	78.5%
Grizzlies	75	70.1%
Rockets		75	70.1%
Jazz		72	67.3%
Timberwolves	61	57.0%
Mavericks	49	45.8%
Pelicans	26	24.3%
Kings		2	1.87%
Lakers		2	1.87%
Nuggets		2	1.87%
Suns		2	1.87%

Which team finishes with the best record?

Votes	Percentage
Warriors	95	88.8%
Spurs 		8	7.5%
Cavaliers	3	2.8%
Celtics		1	0.9%

I bet I voted Spurs :D But anyways I wonder if it was just being contrary or some kinda huge mental blip that made 2 people leave out the Spurs and 1 leave out the Cavs and Raptors

Also that reads to me like basically everyone figured the Spurs were a reasonable second behind the Warriors and this forum shouldn't be particularly shocked by this season's developments.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the Ball vs. Jordan Old Man Challenge reminds me of the greatest basketball feud of all time, Bryon Russell vs. a Dubious Michael Jordan Impersonator at a Utah Flash game.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705350004/Utah-Flash-Russell-stares-down-fake-Jordan.html

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

attackmole posted:

I went for 4 days in January, and that felt like the exact right amount of time. Only difference with me is I already drink a lot, so I went easy on the booze and ate like a viking warrior instead. Only time I felt like poo poo the whole time was when I was full of steak and potatoes while walking a mile to see Carrot Top.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

EvanTH posted:

But anyways I wonder if it was just being contrary or some kinda huge mental blip that made 2 people leave out the Spurs and 1 leave out the Cavs and Raptors

"This will be the year the Spurs fall off" says increasingly nervous man...

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lebron trying to murder his teammates
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6vFE_ys_GY
First he trucks over Kyrie then attempts to take Thompson's head off. smh

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Picking up kyrie and keeping his dribble is an elite NBA move

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Doppelganger posted:

Only time I felt like poo poo the whole time was when I was full of steak and potatoes while walking a mile to see Carrot Top.

Seeing Carrot Top will do that to you.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Picking up kyrie and keeping his dribble is an elite NBA move

That was truly impressive

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

That was Dad Strenth from Bron too, just picked Kyrie up like it was his kid

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
He's the gift that keeps on giving.

https://twitter.com/CountOnVic/status/841844545151213569

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

euphronius posted:

I did that in a pickup game once . It owned

I bet your teammates were upset you were watching NBA highlights on the court.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

#stayMe7o

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Tae posted:

Realistically, I don't think the Timberwolves can get a better player than Lavine unless Thibs manages to snatch a player coming to or in his prime to play in Minnesota.

They should poach Patty Mills imo

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

why does he do this?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Menstrual Show posted:

why does he do this?

First digital athlete.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

LMA is cleared to play again. I know when I saw he was having "heart problems" I was like, jesus christ, but apparently this is a chronic, non-life threatening condition he has that's come up a few times before and resolves itself in a week or so.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/842046088248983552

:smith:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

How'd Sanders look?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

About as good as you'd expect a man who hasn't played basketball in years to look when inserted in the final two minutes of a blowout against a 7'5 ogre.

He was nice and mobile, ran the court well. Boxed out. Hustled. The crowd was going nuts when he had the ball in the post against Boban so I think he said gently caress it and tried to make a move on him.

He asked to get some time in in the d league before last nights game so expect to see some d league highlights soon.

E: https://twitter.com/CantonCharge/status/842013384858038273

Oh hey

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 15, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

oh nooooooooo not Cameron Payne...:rolleyes:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Chairchucker posted:

How'd Sanders look?

He looked decent, but the game was such a joke I'm not really sure what takeaways anyone could glean from it. The Pistons looked like poo poo last night.

Dexo posted:

oh nooooooooo not Cameron Payne...:rolleyes:

Who was it that posted the sum total of what the Bulls have traded for what became Cameron Payne? I need to read it again and do one of these: :vince:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

zoux posted:

LMA is cleared to play again. I know when I saw he was having "heart problems" I was like, jesus christ, but apparently this is a chronic, non-life threatening condition he has that's come up a few times before and resolves itself in a week or so.

My brother had something with similar symptoms, but his was caused by an extra artery or something attached to his heart. It was not life-threatening but annoying because his heart would randomly (and rarely) start beating like twice as fast when he was doing something athletic. The surgery to fix it was cauterizing that extra part and he hasn't had an issue since.

LMA has an extra electrical pathway which doesn't seem as easy to fix as my brother's condition.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Libertine posted:

He looked decent, but the game was such a joke I'm not really sure what takeaways anyone could glean from it. The Pistons looked like poo poo last night.

Who was it that posted the sum total of what the Bulls have traded for what became Cameron Payne? I need to read it again and do one of these: :vince:

Taj Gibson, Doug McDermott, Gary Harris, and Jusuf Nurkić. Off the top of my head. Toss in some second rounders too.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I hope Sanders goes well.

BTW, if (when) the Cavs win, does Bogut get a ring?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

That is Larry Sanders PER

This has been a production of Small Sample Size theater.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Chairchucker posted:

It would be pretty lovely if he didn't since he broke his leg for them.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Chairchucker posted:

I hope not. gently caress Bogut. A broken leg is karma for all the cheap poo poo he's done over the years imo

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'm pretty sure than can offer anyone who was on the Roster at anypoint of the year a ring. They should and probably will offer a ring to guys like Bogut, Liggins, Chris Anderson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

TheShazbot posted:

I hope not. gently caress Bogut. A broken leg is karma for all the cheap poo poo he's done over the years imo

I think he has dealt with that kind of karma already though

• Locked thread