Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this is a grassley smoke screen he should be rescheduling sessions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
I will point out that he's still apparently carrying forward 100 million in "losses" from his 1995 billion dollar loss. So his true income was something like $250 million and he paid $38 million in federal income taxes. So 15% instead of the 25% it might look like at first glance.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Agean90 posted:

the 24 hours news media will publish literally anything you send to them in your famous, the potus could send a sealed envelope with "dont open until live" and some dumbshit would bit then get stuck reading fuk u suk my dik

a couple hours of actually examining the papers and she could have spent 5 minutes going "lmao trumpp sent me a tax form from 2005 like i give a fuk"

well considering the viewers it likely pulled it it's likely among her best work

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

etalian posted:

Remember when the media top management showed up hoping they would score a access deal but instead Trump insulted them for 2 hours straight?

Remember when all the major networks showed up for trump's apology to the gold start family he insulted and instead he sent out some poor schmuck to say trump loves soldiers and then gave them a tour of his new hotel live on every news channel

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

:stare: This is uh.. something

can you elaborate any

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/841833345604583424

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hubris cuts both ways

Only headlines matter

The true effect of this remains to be seen. I've already spotted one person in the wild who believes this is damning evidence of Russian connections

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
FBI going to report no connections. See we think of you lying demarats

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(((i only quote good posts)))

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sullat posted:

I will point out that he's still apparently carrying forward 100 million in "losses" from his 1995 billion dollar loss. So his true income was something like $250 million and he paid $38 million in federal income taxes. So 15% instead of the 25% it might look like at first glance.

So without amt like 3%?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I said the Trump Administration would win a war with the media.

I don't know why anyone would think anything matters. It didn't in 2016 and it doesn't in 2017.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

Remember when all the major networks showed up for trump's apology to the gold start family he insulted and instead he sent out some poor schmuck to say trump loves soldiers and then gave them a tour of his new hotel live on every news channel

they fall for it every loving time

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

i went to look for a picture of a cop clicking a mouse and

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Yinlock posted:

can you elaborate any

it's odd to have senators holding up regular business of government among their own party to investigate a member of their own party. i don't particularly know if anything will come of it, but they're not treating it like nothing.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
rach, hun, I can see everything

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

more like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5wuiSy6xFM&t=54s

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

mormonpartyboat posted:

i went to look for a picture of a cop clicking a mouse and

reminder that disney is basically the mob in anaheim

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They can't even get facts right in somewhat legit burns

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

OhFunny posted:

I said the Trump Administration would win a war with the media.

I don't know why anyone would think anything matters. It didn't in 2016 and it doesn't in 2017.

trump isn't winning anything besides like brief 5 second victories before getting poo poo on again

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

pretend I posted another one of the large tweetstorms from various congressional types about how the republicans in congress are treating trump very very carefully even if they aren't directly accusing him of being Putin's bitch

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

yeah this was totally a set up

still had to lie even about something that already makes trump look good though lol

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

next week it's going to be $50M

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yinlock posted:

trump isn't winning anything besides like brief 5 second victories before getting poo poo on again

Keep telling yourself that pal, keep telling yourself that.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'm still convinced that this was all a big advertising ploy for the old post office property he opened, but Clinton was bad enough and America was loving dumb enough to elect the guy who at many points seemed like he was trying his best to lose while remaining credible enough to not lose the free campaign coverage airtime.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

that's literally how he got elected president so I don't see why he couldn't also destroy the entire world with this strategy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

pretend I posted another one of the large tweetstorms from various congressional types about how the republicans in congress are treating trump very very carefully even if they aren't directly accusing him of being Putin's bitch

ah right, and they're only really being held back by ryan(who trump is currently attacking) and mcconnel(THE WILDCARD)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

i am OUTRAGED that cable news might blow something out of proportion

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

How long is $40mm?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D_Rhp77cdA

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

BONGHITZ posted:

(((i only quote good posts)))

:|

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I've already spotted one person in the wild who believes this is damning evidence of Russian connections

i didn't watch the segment; was there any evidence *at all* (direct, indirect or circumstantial) of russian connections in the return? i was assuming no

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Congress ain't gonna do poo poo. The guy who flagrantly politicked while ignoring investigations into Trump a year ago sure as hell ain't gonna do poo poo about it now

We have no allies on the right. None. All of them are enemies of the people who create the wealth of this country

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

euphronius posted:

They can't even get facts right in somewhat legit burns

The facts are for Madcow to graze on :sad:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

empty whippet box posted:

that's literally how he got elected president so I don't see why he couldn't also destroy the entire world with this strategy

no he got elected president because everyone decided to give him tons of airtime and treat him like a human being and not sentient garbage

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
:siren: :siren: we have pictures of trump's dick :siren: :siren:

*maddow puts up a picture of the most enormous hog, with its own six pack*

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Yinlock posted:

this will wind up like his congressional speech. people will make fun/zealously defend maddow for a day, maybe 2, then it'll be business as usual.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

zegermans posted:

I wonder if maddow feels bad that she just took the focus off of the CBO score with her dumb tax catfish

The only thing Maddox did was make herself look like a fool. The Trump tax thing will swallow 10, maybe 15 minutes of coverage tomorrow morning, and then everyone is going to be focused on Trumpcare/Russia/whatever terror thing the press conference tomorrow will be about.

People who did care about Trump's taxes aren't going to be dissuaded from trying to get them, and momentarily changing the subject does nothing to help Trump as we had already moved beyond the shock of the CBO score. If this was supposed to be 12th dimensional chess by Trump, it was really weak. You would need to have CNN going berserk about nothing, or leak enough to raise a flurry of new questions. Unfortunately the only question people will be asking is what the gently caress is wrong with Rachel Maddow.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Yinlock posted:

ah right, and they're only really being held back by ryan(who trump is currently attacking) and mcconnel(THE WILDCARD)

i don't think anyone is being held back by leadership. Leadership is quite obviously not pushing for anyone to go and advocate for Trump plans [the only time congress has appeared is to shill for Ryan's plan :v:] and has basically let the administration sink on its own accord.

The Russia stuff has gotten kind of serious, and its pretty clear that the intel/judiciary committees in the senate are concerned. Whether or not this is "Trump is a Putin plant" is another thing entirely.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Those two pages were a plant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty5bXad0dZI&t=49s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/davidbrockdc/status/841827842388316161

david brock is offering someone with trump's cell phone # the extra cash if they can get trump to sell his tax returns to them for less than 5 mil

... i guess?

• Locked thread