Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

They are willing to do things, so long as those things are entirely counterproductive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

oh gosh you mean trump lied about a thing?

yeah apparently people are loving idiots and forget that trump lies constantly

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

You're completely redeemed in my eyes, zegermans.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Anomie Avatar posted:

cher should have a show on msnbc. i would watch that poo poo every night

The Cher, Alyssa Milano and Fran Drescher Show. You're welcome everybody.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

no but is there a definite date for the ahca vote

i want to make sure not to log on that day so i don't ruin it like i did the 2016 election

when is this again, holes are forming in my brain and i'd like to write it down before i blled out the earss

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

finally a good zegermans post

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MaxxBot posted:

It takes a brave man to defend Wall Street at a time when it's unfairly maligned by Bernie on the left and Trump on the right. A brave man such as... JEB!

https://twitter.com/JebBush/status/841817140609089536

well i was worried that he'd be corrupt but now that a member of the bush family says he's a good guy I feel a lot better

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
freep was so upset about the tax thing that they felt the need to pray

quote:

Lord Jesus: We take authority in Your Name Lord over this supposed tax return release of President Trump's tax returns.

Lord God, quell the wickedness in high places that we are wrestling with now: shut the mouths of every lie spoken against the President, and may the truth of the motives of those who say they are releasing these supposed tax returns be revealed for all Americans to see.

The wicked plans of the NWO Uniparty liars are abhorrent to You, Lord God; we believe they are whom You laugh at in derision in Psalm 2... expose, unveil and reveal the evil that these men try to do to us, Lord, we have no one but You to cry out to; and yet, You are all that we need. You say "Vengeance is mine, I will repay" ... repay, avenge as we trust You in all things, including the evil manner in which the media stands in dark lies about You and about the President.

Hear us, Lord, help us and protect the President tonight and always. Praises be to Your name, AMEN

PSALM 2

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying, 3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. 4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. 5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

and then they watched Maddow and also realized it was a nothingburger

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Even if Trump did release this himself, it's interesting that (a) he felt like he needed to and (b) he released specifically 2005 federal taxes

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
been watching power rangers like all night not gonna lie

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

apparently Puttys are made out of poop.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

While I did not watch the Maddow ratings boost (I have learned my lesson...important stuff gets dropped immediately and does not get hyped), I did find something that will matter going forward.

Trump, even if he released this himself, has just taken out his excuse for not releasing his taxes. He was able to release them when the WH thought Maddow could use it against him so why not release more. In fact, I have witnessed a few articles being written stating that if that is what is in Trump's taxes, then he has nothing to worry about at all.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
lol i am verty loving drunk and i think it just registered to me that this ins not an illusinn adn trump is president

lol lololollool

i amn going to loving kill mself fyck this camt be ratpaoeswk[paks[pafk

eb dalls

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

like the guy admitted rape on national tv but liberals think a bunch of tax documents will sink him because tax documents are just like them: overly complicated and completely insufferable

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

BUSH 2112 posted:

lol i am verty loving drunk and i think it just registered to me that this ins not an illusinn adn trump is president

lol lololollool

eb dalls

please don't kill yourself friend and if you feel that need there are people to call or talk to.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

anotherone posted:

Even if Trump did release this himself, it's interesting that (a) he felt like he needed to and (b) he released specifically 2005 federal taxes

lmao no it istn he did it because trolling the media is fukken hilarious and that 2005 one was probably the cleanest one they could get thats more than 10 years old.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
daggummit maddow

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

BUSH 2112 posted:

lol lololollool

eb dalls

don't kill yourself over rat potatoes

e; or for any reason for tha tmatter

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Scent of Worf posted:

Liberals are completely ineffective lmao

Embrace capital and dehumanize yourself to hoard wealth

I'll say it again - bring back Olbermann and Countdown. It was brutal during Bush years.

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Schnorkles posted:

please don't kill yourself friend and if you feel that need there are people to call or talk to.

just kidding freal i meant kill myself slowly with booze

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
fight!

https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/841844516608970753

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/841835035699298305

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

if every network or cable news anchor that hyped a "HUGE BREAKING STORY' that turned out to be a wet fart lost their job they'd all be gone and robots would be presenting the news

Looks like those clowns in Congress did it again. What a bunch of clowns!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

anotherone posted:

all he does is watch cable news so he was probably tired of everyone talking about how much of a shitshow the new health care bill is and wanted everyone to praise him for paying taxes like a good boy

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Chatting with a friend who works for the IRS. She says from looking at the return that this is likely a delinquent return that was filed after 2005. The CLIENT COPY stamp also indicates this copy was never filed with the IRS, this is what the accountant gave the Trumps to go over and have changed if they wanted. She also says it's common for the rich to be years late filing returns and if that is the case with Trump and the reason why he doesn't release his taxes, then just admit it.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

40 millimeters in taxes? :confused:

cool finance bros use kk and mm to denote thousands and millions to show theyre hip to the lingo of the street (walls street)

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/georgejoseph94/status/841694953692618759

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lol Gavin McInnes

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

No? He is carrying forward $100 million in "losses" so his actual rate is closer to 15%.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ugh

ugh again. Is Norm Macdonald a MAGA-jerk?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

piss tape is the light

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

What, specifically, concretely, are people expecting to find in his tax returns? What would be in them that would move the needle? There are so many other lovely things that he does and has done and will do...the tax returns seem like one big wild goose chase. Do people think that there will be an entry for RUSSIAN BRIBES - INFINITY DOLLARS?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

punchymcpunch posted:

cool finance bros use kk and mm to denote thousands and millions to show theyre hip to the lingo of the street (walls street)

I am not cool :(

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I saw everyone thinking something would matter today but thanks to this thread I didn't fall for it.

Thanks cspam :smugdon: :thumbsup:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

there's nothing this thread loves more than immediately going turbo-nihilist at the slightest excuse

everything is doomed forever i lust for death faaarrrtttt

like i need an excuse

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
So it's safe to say that if Trump released these returns that 2005 is the year he paid the most taxes in the past twenty that's right?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/Olivianuzzi/status/841844814878502917

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/841845253296529410

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

TheWeepingHorse posted:

What, specifically, concretely, are people expecting to find in his tax returns? What would be in them that would move the needle? There are so many other lovely things that he does and has done and will do...the tax returns seem like one big wild goose chase. Do people think that there will be an entry for RUSSIAN BRIBES - INFINITY DOLLARS?

it's trump, of course there will be

• Locked thread