Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Nephzinho posted:

Have you been looking them up // how many hours in are you?
God yes i've been looking them up. I'm not crazy enough to search for these things blind, because alot of them are super vague, and two I still haven't been able to track down.

Alot of hours, more than I want to mention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Crawfish posted:

Up to 898 Korok seeds now.

Geez, Hyrule Castle getting a dungeon map is already bad enough in keeping track of where you are and where the seeds are in relation to things, but it's like the guy who decided where to place them decided they actively hate you in this one area.

Not only is it like the only place in the game that has seeds hidden inside, outside maybe one that is sort of in a cave, but the placement of about 5 of them is aggressively dick move.

It's also worth noting that map percentage is not just seeds and dungeons, but also place names on the map. I'm at 98.34% and I don't think the last two seeds are going to be enough for the full hundred.

I mean, if they're going to sneak into the most dangerous place in Hyrule just for a game of hide and seek, they might as well make it hard for you, too. :v:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Harrow posted:

Unrelated: I really want to see more videos like this because I never thought a Zelda game would give rise to videos of people just showing off really stylish ways of owning bosses and tough enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Or88ErrwGY

Yeah, now that I thought about it some more, it's less that I want them to do some sort of big, open-world Metroid and more that I just want a real Metroid game again. It can be side-scrolling or Prime-style first-person, I'm not picky. Just wash away the stain of Other M and Federation Force and bring back real Metroid and I'll be thrilled. It doesn't really need reinvention the way I think Zelda was yearning for.

This is therefore the closest we're going to get to a Platinum Games Zelda.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Crawfish posted:

God yes i've been looking them up. I'm not crazy enough to search for these things blind, because alot of them are super vague, and two I still haven't been able to track down.

Alot of hours, more than I want to mention.

Yeah I have done what I think is a pretty thorough run through of the game and have about 200 seeds with another maybe 50 marked on the map that I didn't feel like getting. Didn't even come back to the thread until I had done the 120 shrines in a vacuum -- if I do seeds I will probably do one more pass through of the map blind before getting the guide and doing it assisted.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Your Computer posted:

Is there ever a reason to visit him in other locations than Tarrey Town?

I just port to the nearby shrine and glide down.

Doesn't matter where you find him. It says he's in a random town but he's in every town every night. Once you find him, just keep going to that one unless some place more convenient pops up.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Anyone know how to farm star fragments successfully? It's really frustrating.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Reinanigans posted:

Anyone know how to farm star fragments successfully? It's really frustrating.

Go somewhere high, make a campfire, wait until night, watch the sky until dawn. If you see one, mark it and go get that poo poo ASAP. If the sun rises and nothing lands, use the campfire to pass to night again.

Its soulless and will make you hate yourself :smith:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So uh...

Does what it's rumoured to do, I can watch any of his dances whenever I feel like it.

Map percentage is only 98.5% though, so I need to track down the last few area names i'm missing on the map.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Zaphod42 posted:

Go somewhere high, make a campfire, wait until night, watch the sky until dawn. If you see one, mark it and go get that poo poo ASAP. If the sun rises and nothing lands, use the campfire to pass to night again.

Its soulless and will make you hate yourself :smith:

I think I saw one but the sun came up and it was gone. Is that how it works?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Crawfish posted:

So uh...

Does what it's rumoured to do, I can watch any of his dances whenever I feel like it.

Map percentage is only 98.5% though, so I need to track down the last few area names i'm missing on the map.

Was wondering if that was you on Kotaku.

... Now post your hours.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Crawfish posted:

So uh...

WTF are the bottom two rows for?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Crawfish posted:

So uh...

What's that medal in the screenshot?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Thunderblight Ganon is a real piece of poo poo

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

I've got two divine beasts done, still a lot of the game to go. However, I'm already feeling like there's plenty of things that could be added to flesh out the game even more. I'll just throw this one out there: caves. The shrines are nice but the atmosphere is completely different than going down into the unknown, there are hardly any stakes.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Reinanigans posted:

I think I saw one but the sun came up and it was gone. Is that how it works?

Yeah, they seem to straight up disappear when the sun comes up. :smith:

I was heading for one and almost reached it when the sun came up. There was nothing to loot when I got there.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Yes, they disappear when the sun hits. When the meteor falls, it's shaft of light and stays that way until you get up close and then it generates the drop, not before.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Coq au Nandos posted:

What's that medal in the screenshot?

There are medals for killing all Hinoks, Lynels, Talus, and Mulduga (that is, one medal per species).

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

???

I'm not on Kotaku. Well over 100 hours. Well over.

Bottom two rows are all horse armour. Two sets are prizes from two different horse related minigames, one is an early game quest reward, one is a monster shop exclusive. You can switch out armour at stables providing it's not Epona or Giant horse.

The medals are also from monster shop. They are for beating all encounters of a specific overworld boss. That one specifically is from Molduga, because all of them turned up while I was tracking seeds on the desert and there are only a handful of them. There are 40 Hinox and 40 Talus sprinkled throughout the world, and i've maybe got a quarter of each at the moment.

Nephzinho posted:

There are medals for killing all Hinoks, Lynels, Talus, and Mulduga (that is, one medal per species).

Is there one for Lynels as well? I hadn't heard about that. That is going to be a pain of a medal to get.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Nephzinho posted:

Who gives these quests out because I accept this challenge whole-heartedly and immediately.

Edit: Thank you above person of considerable time and means.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Crawfish posted:

???

I'm not on Kotaku. Well over 100 hours. Well over.

Bottom two rows are all horse armour. Two sets are prizes from two different horse related minigames, one is an early game quest reward, one is a monster shop exclusive. You can switch out armour at stables providing it's not Epona or Giant horse.

The medals are also from monster shop. They are for beating all encounters of a specific overworld boss. That one specifically is from Molduga, because all of them turned up while I was tracking seeds on the desert and there are only a handful of them. They are 40[/spolier] Hinox and [spoiler]40 Talus sprinkled throughout the world, and i've maybe got a quarter of each at the moment.

Ah, must be someone else - they just ran an article on someone getting all seeds.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Nephzinho posted:

So do they stay dead? They don't get blood mooned?

Also, I hit up the ranch ruin. I didn't think it would be such a big deal but when I saw everything there, it hit me in the feels.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

So do they stay dead? They don't get blood mooned?

Also, I hit up the ranch ruin. I didn't think it would be such a big deal but when I saw everything there, it hit me in the feels.

They very much return after Blood Moons.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
What is the verdict on Skyward Sword's silent realms? I thought they were a better version of TP's tear collection. I love how the tranquil atmosphere is at odds with how tense the challenge is.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Three stamina bars makes you a god that never gets tired.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just spent like one hour wandering around super dangerous Hyrule Castle looking for that stupid memory and have nothing but a million bomb arrows and shitload of ancient parts to show for it :mad:

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

snoremac posted:

What is the verdict on Skyward Sword's silent realms? I thought they were a better version of TP's tear collection. I love how the atmosphere tranquil atmosphere is at odds with how tense the challenge is.

Sorry to say I hated them, because unlike the TP ones, which introduced you to new areas even if they were a bit dull, it was a full map inch by inch timed stealth mission in areas I'd already been through, sometimes several times over.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Alright.

So, if you're looking for a single star fragment: feed the dog is Laurelin Village and they'll lead you to one.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Calaveron posted:

I just spent like one hour wandering around super dangerous Hyrule Castle looking for that stupid memory and have nothing but a million bomb arrows and shitload of ancient parts to show for it :mad:

How? There is literally one tower with a walkway and its clearly visible from literally everywhere.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Crawfish posted:

So uh...

Truly better than any sort of achievement or trophy you could hope to get in any game where you have to collect a bunch of poo poo.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Truly better than any sort of achievement or trophy you could hope to get in any game where you have to collect a bunch of poo poo.

It is literally a golden poop. Best troll in years, Nintendo

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Zore posted:

How? There is literally one tower with a walkway and its clearly visible from literally everywhere.

It took me ages to find last night, but I was playing in handheld mode while on a treadmill, which isn't the best way to appreciate fine detail.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
JFC there's actually things for killing EVERY single respawnable boss? gently caress my stupid rear end

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

There's something for finishing the compendium too, but we still don't know what it does.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Zore posted:

Hey man it's hard when you're running like a headless chicken avoiding ancient magilasers and pink poison stuff that seriously sounds like a septic tank

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's a shame that there are relatively few enemy types in this game, but their AI is crazy complex :stare:

I just watched a Lizalfos hit and detonate some white chu jelly so Link froze, jump back and throw its weapon to shatter Link for crazy damage. Those jerks are almost as crafty as the player at times!

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Your Computer posted:

It's a shame that there are relatively few enemy types in this game, but their AI is crazy complex :stare:

I just watched a Lizalfos hit and detonate some white chu jelly so Link froze, jump back and throw its weapon to shatter Link for crazy damage. Those jerks are almost as crafty as the player at times!

Or the time a Moblin ambushed me after the Sidon cutscene and predicted my side jump and smacked me off the bridge to my death

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It doesn't seem right, to me, for a small boy like Link to ride on such a giant horse

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Did we ever figure out where the game is in the timeline? Or is it so far removed that it doesn't matter?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Did we ever figure out where the game is in the timeline? Or is it so far removed that it doesn't matter?

It seems to be way way in the future of the Twilight Princess timeline as Zelda refers to twilight in her ceremony memory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

I only know it's after Ocarina of Time from the stuff I've seen in the game and after Wind Waker on account of Ritos existing I guess. (or maybe before since they are coexisting with the Zora....)

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 15, 2017