Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

drat Lopez is on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

pubic works project posted:

It's ridiculous. It's like they can only play well every three games or so. No one wants to shoot the ball tonight. Turnover after turnover. Garbage passes. Shots they have no business taking.

And they'll get smoked tomorrow because Charlotte always kills them.

gently caress yeah they will, Kemba will have 50. I mean at this point, since all the offseason cap space will go to Teague, hitting on the draft pick big time might be the only way to keep PG. Maybe the lottery is best, as desperate as that sounds...

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
And that last play just shows me again that PG isn't a leader. He's a follower. I've been noticing this more and more and really watching him since the trade deadline. He's too busy bitching to the refs about a missed call.

He was in prime position to chase down that long rebound, but he got lazy and didn't go for it. Melo got it and ended up getting a foul call.

If he was a leader, PG would have pulled everyone together and motivated them to play better and not take slop-rear end shots. Yeah Bird didn't put more help around you, but you're not helping yourself. No one feels sorry for you.

I just realized that I typed way too much stuff, but I'm high on Ambien.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'll judge him more on last year's playoff series against Toronto than some poo poo regular season game in which everyone else forgets how to play basketball. I think he is pretty checked out at this point because the team is a loving mess and the trade talks at the deadline. If they are going to keep Bird this offseason, then they they should go ahead and trade PG because they sure as poo poo can't build a team.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Kind of with public works project after watching this game. PG was mailing it in harder than Melo, who had nothing to play for. Just bad vibes.

Switched to the Nets game and watched Taj pull his arms back so Russ can get his triple double (sad), and then the Nets fans gave Russ a standing O (REALLY SAD!).

Frank China
Jun 17, 2003

Boosh! posted:

Kind of with public works project after watching this game. PG was mailing it in harder than Melo, who had nothing to play for. Just bad vibes.

Switched to the Nets game and watched Taj pull his arms back so Russ can get his triple double (sad), and then the Nets fans gave Russ a standing O (REALLY SAD!).

To be honest OKC should let Russ get as many rebounds as possible regardless of how close he is to 10. Their offense is much more effective when he can grab the ball and immediately take off down the court. The Thunder half-court offense is kind of garbage.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Boosh! posted:

Excuse me sir. It's pubic works project! :colbert:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jahlil Okafor is...dominating the Warriors?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ian Clark as the sole ball creator is not ideal

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Jahlil Okafor is...dominating the Warriors?

I hope Magic is watching. He's the perfect piece for him to acquire

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Steph Curry 3-9 shooting so far and missing some wide open shots.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
philly is so dope haha

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
what about the tank, philly!?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
this game is a loving shoot out

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
3rd quarter is the warriors quarter, lets see how they do

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
jahlil okafor dominating the warriors defensively

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
saric and mcconnell work so well together.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer
hmm, i want to watch this game instead of following it by score, but i know that the minute i bring it up the magic spell will be broken and the warriors will start raining 3s

what to do, what to do

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

RaySmuckles posted:

hmm, i want to watch this game instead of following it by score, but i know that the minute i bring it up the magic spell will be broken and the warriors will start raining 3s

what to do, what to do

Read the text play by play and keep an eye on Twitter for highlights.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Dario Saric is a mother loving monster. making GBS threads on the Warriors.

Dario is so clearly the rookie of the year and it isn't even close between him and anyone besides Embiid

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

All the Sixers are making GBS threads on GS. Holy poo poo.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

draymond on the bench, 6ers about to blow this wide open

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
RICHAUN HOLMES CAN GET UP

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
Ahahahahahhahahjajajaj Philly is going to win this.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dario Saric is so loving cool and Steph Curry continually shooting himself in the dick tonight is hilarious

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I feel so justified about thinking okafor will be good right now

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
So I guess the Warriors are trash now?

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time

Metapod posted:

I feel so justified about thinking okafor will be good right now

same but also exact opposite about barnes

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
luwawu seems good y'all

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Jump shooting teams don't win

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They were trash as soon as a quarter of their cap had a season ending injury. No one besides klay is a good shooter.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
There were like 3 or 4 times that quarter the Warriors went on a little run and it was like okay here they go drat, but each time Saric or someone came back and was like not so fast my friends and then Steph would miss a bunch of shots he normally makes. That was cool.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Sixers adopting the strategy of dunking everything.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
My favorite part of this game is seeing the Warriors turn to a ref and complain every time they miss an open shot or a layup

EvanTH posted:

luwawu seems good y'all

So much potential. I like him a lot currently.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Jota posted:

My favorite part of this game is seeing the Warriors turn to a ref and complain every time they miss an open shot or a layup

There was a moment where Steph threw the ball into TJ's hands on an inbounds and his first reaction was to complain lol

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
holy poo poo can we stop giving the ball to loving shawn long over and over it has not gone well

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
i'm dying laughing--hinkie forever, sixers forever

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

i'm dying laughing--hinkie forever, sixers forever

What do you think Richaun?

https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/841868532526788610

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Their best offensive player and second best defensive player is out with an injury. Enjoy this while you can.

I'm enjoying it for sure.

• Locked thread