Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Zark the Damned posted:

I'm allowing this due to Imgur being lovely and you only just missing the deadline.

Thank you very much your honour. Most kind.

For the month of March, I JackMack, solemnly oath Michonne, 28mm by Mantic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Complete

Spring break this past week, I might not be able to go somewhere warm, but I least I have time to paint.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Galaspar posted:

For March I, Galaspar, oath one Contemptor Dreadnought (GW, 28mm)

LazyAngel posted:

I, LazyAngel, oath for March the Tooth and the Thorn, from Malifaux by Wyrd (32mm)

As with my Winter oath, taking advantage of nominally-seasonal faeries...

chutche2 posted:

I, chutche2, oath one Privateer Press Khadoran Conquest/Victor

head58 posted:

“Once you’ve got a task to do, it’s better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers”

I, head58, oath this Desert Hydra from Privateer Press for March

Sorry for the blurry timestamp

JackMack posted:

Thank you very much your honour. Most kind.

For the month of March, I JackMack, solemnly oath Michonne, 28mm by Mantic

Approved!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:siren: Important Season 8 Announcement :siren:

As we're nearing the end of season 7 it's time to start considering the next season, assuming people are still down with oathing.

I'm more than willing to maintain the thread and set up the galleries and spreadsheet, and the rules will be much the same as they are now (though I'll have another read through and see if they could be simplified or bullet pointed better maybe?). That said there are a number of things that will change, and others which I could use some input on.

Sponsor support

Last I heard from krushgroove was that a couple of sponsors (iirc Springler Pinsel and KR) were still willing to provide prize support, but he was going to touch base with the others and double check. That said, that arrangement doesn't cover future seasons afaik and I don't have any of the contact details for them or want to tread on any toes, so unless I hear back otherwise I'll have to assume no sponsors for season 8. This may change once krushgroove has climbed out of whatever work/life related hellhole he's wound up in though.

However, if anyone would like to volunteer to get in touch with new sponsors and oversee the details, that'd be great!

Grab bags

Similarly, I have no idea what the status of the current grab bags are. krushgroove said he'd be getting on top of the backlog from season 6 and on but I don't know what progress has been made. Also, Iris of Ether seems to have vanished with the US grab bag :(

If there's enough demand for it I'll see about starting up a fresh UK grab bag, though I would need a kind volunteer to host a US one as the oversea shipping rate is murderous! Dontations (either items or funds towards shipping costs) would be welcome should this go ahead.

Judging

Depending on what happens re: prize support, this may end up just being for internet points and bragging rights. It'd still be neat to have judges for the new season if anyone would like to volunteer! This largely involves looking at the galleries and picking out the top three plus your favourite interpretation of the monthly challenge. I'm not averse to someone judging to also participate in oathing, although in this case judges would not be able to vote for themselves.

Challenges / Jurnals

Largely this will work the same way, I like the current system of having multiple challenges to choose between each month. However it'd be good to shake things up a bit and have some new challenges. If anyone has any ideas, let me know!

Achievements

Similarly these will work in much the same way, and some new ones added and the least popular old ones dropped. I plan to add some clarification over which achievements need claiming, and which ones are earned automatically (pretty much the 'complete X oaths ones).

Competitions

If anyone has any competitions they'd like to run during a month, feel free! All I'd ask is that you give at least a month's notice before starting it so people have a chance to track down appropriate figures etc.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
I should really post my oath I guess! Since taking this pic I started on Slipknot, decided it was going badly, stripped and re-primed him. So yeah.

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of March;

Slipknot, Captain Boomerang and Deadshot (Suicide Squad versions) for Batman Miniatures Game, 35mm by Knight Models.
Zambini's Stage Wagon by TTCombat.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 10, 2017

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
On the season 8 front, personally I kinda figured that season 7 prizes probably weren't going to happen early on as season 6 prizes never got resolved. However, I'm up for continuing to oath regardless as I like to see what everyone else is doing and pushing myself to improve. It is a fun community thing even if I'm not going to get shiny things out of it.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
It's nice to just set deadlines for myself in a semi-public fashion.

That said, I wdarkk oath for the month of march: two Scourge Battlecruisers (plastic and resin), four Scourge Frigates (plastic), four :siren: converted Scourge Corvette proxies, and sixteen launch asset stands (plastic), all for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames.

With this, I'll have my 1250 point fleet done. After that it's on to Space Stations and other factions.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

wdarkk posted:

Agreed, it helps motivate my lazy rear end. Speaking of which:

I Weirdo Oath 14 figures for the rest of March - 9 Dungeon Saga figures by Mantic (2 ogres, 2 orc archers, 2 orc ax, 2 morax, 1 chief), 3 resin objective markers from Frostgrave (North Star Games), 1 GW Stabba Sneak, and 1 Lifetaker from DGS games, all 28mm.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I, Arson Fire, oath to paint 10 zombie wolves in the month of March (From zombicide black plague, CMON, 28mm)

I've got a friend who really wants to play age of sigmar. I don't really care about the game, or want to buy any minis for it. But I have a whole bunch of zombies, zombie wolves, necromancers, etc, from zombicide. I figure I can build something resembling an undead army out of them. Just gotta paint them.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Oath Addition!

I, Floppychop, oath to paint 3 Warplock Jezzails. Converted from GW products (Kroots and Clanrats)

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of March 2 scratch built UCM Corvettes.

Pash fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Mar 15, 2017

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
Dr Phildo oaths 3 rebel troopers from Fantasy Flight's Imperial Assault for March!

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to use the following materials to scratchbuild and paint my own Goal Marker for Guildball.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Oath Complete!

These guys were really quick and easy to paint. I was planning on just doing these 10 to use in an AoS army, but now I might do the rest of the box too, just to get it completely out of my painting queue.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Addition!

I, Takuan, additionally oath for March 4 Bhargests from Fantasy Flight Miniatures

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Oath Complete

No jurnal, nothing interesting, just wanted to get this guy done.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I, JerryLee, oath to paint this Zombie Troll for March 2017

This is a model by Mantic for their Dungeon Saga boardgame.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ugleb posted:

I should really post my oath I guess! Since taking this pic I started on Slipknot, decided it was going badly, stripped and re-primed him. So yeah.

I Ugleb hereby oath for the month of March;

Slipknot, Captain Boomerang and Deadshot (Suicide Squad versions) for Batman Miniatures Game, 35mm by Knight Models.
Zambini's Stage Wagon by TTCombat.

wdarkk posted:

That said, I wdarkk oath for the month of march: two Scourge Battlecruisers (plastic and resin), four Scourge Frigates (plastic), four :siren: converted Scourge Corvette proxies, and sixteen launch asset stands (plastic), all for Dropfleet Commander by Hawk Wargames.

With this, I'll have my 1250 point fleet done. After that it's on to Space Stations and other factions.

Weirdo posted:

Agreed, it helps motivate my lazy rear end. Speaking of which:

I Weirdo Oath 14 figures for the rest of March - 9 Dungeon Saga figures by Mantic (2 ogres, 2 orc archers, 2 orc ax, 2 morax, 1 chief), 3 resin objective markers from Frostgrave (North Star Games), 1 GW Stabba Sneak, and 1 Lifetaker from DGS games, all 28mm.

Arson Fire posted:

I, Arson Fire, oath to paint 10 zombie wolves in the month of March (From zombicide black plague, CMON, 28mm)

I've got a friend who really wants to play age of sigmar. I don't really care about the game, or want to buy any minis for it. But I have a whole bunch of zombies, zombie wolves, necromancers, etc, from zombicide. I figure I can build something resembling an undead army out of them. Just gotta paint them.

Floppychop posted:

Oath Addition!

I, Floppychop, oath to paint 3 Warplock Jezzails. Converted from GW products (Kroots and Clanrats)

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of March 2 scratch built UCM Corvettes.

Dr. Phildo posted:

Dr Phildo oaths 3 rebel troopers from Fantasy Flight's Imperial Assault for March!

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to use the following materials to scratchbuild and paint my own Goal Marker for Guildball.

Takuan posted:

Oath Addition!

I, Takuan, additionally oath for March 4 Bhargests from Fantasy Flight Miniatures

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, oath to paint this Zombie Troll for March 2017

This is a model by Mantic for their Dungeon Saga boardgame.

Approved!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for March

• 1 Paraceratherium by Acheson Creations (28mm)
  • 3 Goblins and 1 Ogre by Mantic (28mm)
  • 3 crates, 2 barrels, 2 platforms, and a chest by 3T Studios (28mm)
  • 1 Hay Cart, 1 Turnip Cart, and 2 Scorpions by Warbases (28mm)
  • Muslin, a leftover plastic gubbin from Ikea, some oak dowel, and a bit of paddle pop stick

Pretty sure I won't need any further proof beyond the complete photo that will be a conversion :v:

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

NTRabbit posted:

• Muslin, a leftover plastic gubbin from Ikea, some oak dowel, and a bit of paddle pop stick

Pretty sure I won't need any further proof beyond the complete photo that will be a conversion :v:

Whoa... I am excited to see what this becomes.

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

OATH COMPLETE!

Yes the oath was about 6, but I did 8 beastmen!

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Oath Complete!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Floppychop posted:

Oath Addition!

Oath Complete!

Claiming the technical challenge for this month's jurnal due to them being conversions using clanrats, kroot stuff, and plasticard.

The good and bad things about photos is that they seem to pinpoint exactly what you mess up on. I'll need to do some touchups to the hands.

Floppychop fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Mar 25, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Floppychop posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming the technical challenge for this month's jurnal due to them being conversions using clanrats, kroot stuff, and plasticard.

The good and bad things about photos is that they seem to pinpoint exactly what you mess up on. I'll need to do some touchups to the hands.

Don't forget to make a single Oath Completion post with everything you did for the month! Talking of which...

Oath Complete

Reaper Adventurers. Mostly Bones but the Druid is metal.

Flash Jits (that one's for you SRM!), Badrukk and Warboss. The Gitz are a mix of Nobz and the actual kit with some MaxMini Pirate heads added. Warboss has a headswap, new bellyguard and right hand.

This drop pod was rescued from the Hellbats armoury and reconsecrated for use by my Deathwatch.

Claiming Jurnal for the Ork Conversions, and It's a Rescue for the pod.

EDIT: Corrected the resin head source (Maxmini not Spellcrow)

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 1, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Approved!

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

/\ woops, forgot about the group photo /\

All together now!

Oath Complete

Claiming the technical challenge for this month's jurnal due to the Jezzails being conversions using clanrats, kroot stuff, and plasticard.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, do oath this scratch-built supply junk for the month of March!

The boxes are wooden cubes and coffee stirrers. The barrels are 9/16" plastic rod, paper, and wire. The tires are laser-cut MDF, but I'm claiming scratch-build for them too because I designed and cut them myself.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath complete

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Let's see if I can get this finished in the next few days.

I, glitchkrieg, do oath this converted 28mm storm trooper for the month of March!

Bits from GW Guardsman, GW Scion, Anvil Industries magazine, and I can't remember where I grabbed the head and legs from.

hexa fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Mar 29, 2017

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of March a dragon figurine, a cardboard box lid, some cork, and a bunch of tiny books I made out of balsa and wallpaper scraps.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
1 homemade token for Blood Rage.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

wdarkk posted:

Oath Complete

The BCs came out a bit shinier than I intended since I had a brand-new can of glosscote rather than a nearly-depleted one, but it's not really a problem.

Since you can build two different BCs and I can't buy any more of the model since it's Kickstarter exclusive, I magnetized them.

Claiming the scratchbuild for these corvette proxies.

Close up of the launch asset tokens.

This is a pic of the current state of my fleet, at the present 1250 point tournament standard. It's exactly the same as the second-place LVO Scourge list, but I was already thinking of going in that direction.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I, Indolent Bastard, hereby Oath for the month of March a fairy shrine.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Zark the Damned posted:

Don't forget to make a single Oath Completion post with everything you did for the month! Talking of which...

Oath Complete

Reaper Adventurers. Mostly Bones but the Druid is metal.

Flash Jits (that one's for you SRM!), Badrukk and Warboss. The Gitz are a mix of Nobz and the actual kit with some Spellcrow Pirate heads added. Warboss has a headswap, new bellyguard and right hand.

This drop pod was rescued from the Hellbats armoury and reconsecrated for use by my Deathwatch.

Claiming Jurnal for the Ork Conversions, and It's a Rescue for the pod.

Good stuff, mind checking your PMs?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Addition/Completion!

Made myself an Ent, and I'll be claiming Speed Paint in my final completion post. :)

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath complete

This month really did not inspire me, I like the models well enough, but there was no enthusiasm to paint them - I've enjoyed prepping next months models more than painting these!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETE

head58 posted:

“Once you’ve got a task to do, it’s better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers”

I, head58, oath this Desert Hydra from Privateer Press for March

Sorry for the blurry timestamp

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Oath complete

Claiming theme challenge: paint or model something on your model that represents new growth. The altar is growing out of the stoney ground.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oath failed, my can of quickshade dip had dried out to mush, so I had to pick up a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Not my best work, I need to learn how to mold things, but in any case I'm happy to have the goal. Much better than a 50mm model standing in as a goal marker xD

Claiming Jurnal for the scratch built goal marker. Also claiming I rolled a 6! as the goal is a marker for guild ball ( at least, I'm claiming it if I understand the cheevo correctly! xD)

• Locked thread