Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Jesus loving christ this snow storm is ridiculous. I can barely see 10 feet outside my house. There was a 25 car pileup this afternoon.

And wants to get the poo poo beat out of her by someone who's sexually inexperienced.

We managed to get very little of it.. :(

Recently saw Welles Othello, really enjoyed. Man knew his angles+frames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

This, All That Jazz, and Dancer in the Dark would make an excellent triple-feature.

FishBulb posted:

The Other Side of the Wind sounds like a euphemism a southern dandy would use for a fart

It totally sounds like a goofy euphemism for anal. "oh yeah my wife totally let me see the other side of the wind last night if you know what i mean eh eh eh eh"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Quick question for you all,

So that short film I'm doing has an extended found footage scene where the main character has a go pro surgically attached to his face, and I was going to film that scene from the go pro's POV.

But now I'm thinking I should just do it normally and imply the footage is being shot.

What do you guys think? Spooky found footage? Or someone filming spooky found footage?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

CelticPredator posted:

So that short film I'm doing has an extended found footage scene where the main character has a go pro surgically attached to his face, and I was going to film that scene from the go pro's POV.

But now I'm thinking I should just do it normally and imply the footage is being shot.

What do you guys think? Spooky found footage? Or someone filming spooky found footage?

What's the context?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
filming spooky found footage?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by normally. Is it still POV or more standard coverage of the character?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I mean filming it like a movie. So we'd have a character filming the scene but we see it from a cinematic perspective not so much from the camera's perspective.

The context is basically this dude is sorta taking credit for this footage of demons and poo poo he found and making a weak copy of it to get more views on the internet. So the guy who actually shot it puts a demonic curse on him and makes him run through literal hell basically. I was going to shoot that scene with a go pro...but I kinda want to do it cinematically. Not sure!

Decide for me! Be my GWBush!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Commit to the found footage angle.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
I'd go found footage.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I wasted 45 minutes of my life watching Rachel Maddow pose all sorts of rhetorical questions about Trump's tax returns and potential ties to foreign governments only to have her show a single 1040 form from 12 years ago to make some banal point about the alternative minimum tax (AMT), AMA

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Want some special brownies?

They smell pretty good: threw in some raspberries and caramel.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I wasted 45 minutes of my life watching Rachel Maddow pose all sorts of rhetorical questions about Trump's tax returns and potential ties to foreign governments only to have her show a single 1040 form from 12 years ago to make some banal point about the alternative minimum tax (AMT), AMA

Why are you such a sucker, chump

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like the "Trump doesn't pay a whole lot of taxes" and "Trump has sketchy foreign business dealings" angles are even dumber strategically than "Trump is working with the Russians" since like, I can't even begin to imagine Trump voters getting swayed by that. Like, even if the evidence is all on the table and all rock-solid, how is their reaction anything other than "So what? He deserves to make good money, he's making America great again"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Death By The Blues posted:

We managed to get very little of it.. :(

Yeah, I'd gladly trade the 2 hours of no power I just had for your tragic lack of snow.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Why did you watch that live?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Why did you watch that live?

i was bored

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Jenny Angel posted:

I feel like the "Trump doesn't pay a whole lot of taxes" and "Trump has sketchy foreign business dealings" angles are even dumber strategically than "Trump is working with the Russians" since like, I can't even begin to imagine Trump voters getting swayed by that. Like, even if the evidence is all on the table and all rock-solid, how is their reaction anything other than "So what? He deserves to make good money, he's making America great again"

Yeah pretty much. The media has absolutely no idea what will do anything to him. They're idiots.

I mean this was obvious since the primaries but they haven't learned at all.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

For a lot of people being corrupt isn't a big deal since that's exactly what they'd do if they had the chance.

Like over here we had a string of corruption scandals after the Panama papers leaks. The only one that had to face any consequences was the prime minister and that's only because he is a awkward man who stormed out of a interview when they asked him about his finances. The current PM and then finance minister , for whom the Panama papers were only the latest in a string of white collar crime scandals, was untouched because he has competent PR people and charisma. The usual response any coverage of his scandals is some variation of "You're just jealous that he's rich."

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Man theseeeeeeeeeee are gooooooooooooooood

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

just started reading Roadside Picnic and it's dope as hell

Ayyyy me too, got it through that library app.

Digging it real hard.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
Trump voters are the exact kind of people who think cheating on taxes is extremely rad. In fact, most people who aren't actively progressive seem to think that. Taxes are just an unfair chunk that the IRS takes away from you to help poor black people buy lobster as far as they're concerned. I guess it might be good for people who didn't vote out of apathy? It just feels like another example of back-patting hour-long liberal comedy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Trump voters are the exact kind of people who think cheating on taxes is extremely rad. In fact, most people who aren't actively progressive seem to think that. Taxes are just an unfair chunk that the IRS takes away from you to help poor black people buy lobster as far as they're concerned. I guess it might be good for people who didn't vote out of apathy? It just feels like another example of back-patting hour-long liberal comedy.

There's definitely something in his tax returns he's embarrassed about, I just doubt it's anything that would actually hurt him politically.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

Skwirl posted:

There's definitely something in his tax returns he's embarrassed about, I just doubt it's anything that would actually hurt him politically.

It's probably something impossibly stupid like "didn't make triple millions" because he's a pigheaded loving moron obsessed with image.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I feel it's more about some secret hope that space police will arrest him for violation of galactic law.
I mean, seems as likely as him getting impeached.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Timecrimes is pretty good, but I'm still not sure I like stripping an unconscious woman naked as a centerpiece to the film. I get the villain's not a good person, but it feels too grody to fit in with the rest of the movie.

Can you tell me what you liked about it? I thought it was trash, even independent of the bit you're talking about. It falls into the same trap as a lot of time travel movies where the urge towards mechanical cleverness completely overwhelms anything else it might have done.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

wyoming posted:

I feel it's more about some secret hope that space police will arrest him for violation of galactic law.
I mean, seems as likely as him getting impeached.

Seems to me that it's almost like all the tea party folks hollerin about Obama getting tried for treason at this point.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
To be fair to the media, what could they possibly to hurt him at this point with his base?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Can you tell me what you liked about it? I thought it was trash, even independent of the bit you're talking about. It falls into the same trap as a lot of time travel movies where the urge towards mechanical cleverness completely overwhelms anything else it might have done.

I liked the hook of a man trying to kill himself with time travel because he doesn't understand it. I also liked Timecrimes' particular use of, as you call it, mechanical cleverness, where it first builds a creepy, mysterious atmosphere, then explains it in the second act, and then twists it in the third act. Although I didn't like the exploitation stuff, I did like the ending implication that he's willing to pay any price for a return to his normal, boring life when he was looking for any form of excitement early on.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Are we still doing shot contexts?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
What the hell?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Godzilla 2014 is pretty awesome. I love how Godzilla's arrival is heralded by nature and the water follows him up to when he encounters the Kaiju. And how he protects the kids in the bus on the bridge by taking all the fire until he has no choice but to crash through the bridge cause it's too much.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Death asked my why Alien Covenant looks like the ultimate Alien movie, and it just seems to hit a spot where it can still be "alien-y" while also juggling in new elements like David's role in the film, as well as the Neomorphs. It's not just straight up Aliens killing people. Like I'm sure it's still a slasher film, but when you throw in the spoiler stuff it paints the film in a completely new, and original way in context with the series.

It's half the reason why I love Prometheus so much. It felt fresh. Covenant is like Prometheus but with more traditional elements injected in.

Watching the trailer just gets me amped yo. And also, I found this guy finally! He was buried deep inside one of my boxes! Honestly, next to Ripley, best character in the whole franchise.

And uh...this is pretty much all my Alien stuff.

I have no room for the Covenant stuff coming later this year.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Why the gently caress is batman wearing a duster and pants over his batsuit?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Coffee And Pie posted:

Clearly so we can buy toys. Tactical Desert Batman.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That is literally a picture of a toy also.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
As someone who had the "Arctic Strike" Batman action figure, Desert Storm Batman looks loving awesome.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

In post-apocalyptia, you need inventory space:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hviF2sr4aq0

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

It's nearly 3 am and my sleep schedule is hosed. Do I go to the grocery store and get peanuts, pistachios, or something else?

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Josh Lyman posted:

It's nearly 3 am and my sleep schedule is hosed. Do I go to the grocery store and get peanuts, pistachios, or something else?

chocolate pudding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Discount Viscount posted:

chocolate pudding.
You know, Jell-O cups are super underrated.

• Locked thread