Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Boy are they gonna feel dumb when these guys sell better for 40k players than AoS to covert to squats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

jadebullet posted:

Well, I took a break from building poo poo and got some nice base coating done on my suits.

gently caress that light grey scheme that I was originally going to do, this bare Iridium Armor scheme is looking awesome. Gonna be adding dark red to the army, of course.

Shut the gently caress up that looks super rad!

Now I wish I had gone with something more metallic. :shepicide:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
How do quad launchers compare to thunderfire cannons? Going to pick up a pair for my 30k and curious to see how they do in 40k.

Also, do you think that the new box set will cause the price of land raiders to drop?

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 15, 2017

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I am so excited for Shadow War now that I have seen the race list. Hopefully I can get some games of it going locally, because if it is based on Necromunda it will be a blast.

That terrain is awesome.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I never played Necromunda. Could you play orks and eldar?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

chutche2 posted:

How do quad launchers compare to thunderfire cannons? Going to pick up a pair for my 30k and curious to see how they do in 40k.

Also, do you think that the new box set will cause the price of land raiders to drop?

Thunderfires are really good.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Better pic of the Shadow War terrain

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm the gigantic servo skull

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

Better pic of the Shadow War terrain

Not a single new model besides the terrain. At least I should be able to scoop up shoota boyz cheap now.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Yeah, that's some nice fuckin terrain right there. Off to the right it looks like something else you can build with the same kit.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Who is this guy so i can punch him.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

SRM posted:

It's not like the Space Marine Scouts and Ork Boyz sprues haven't paid for themselves at this point.

like this has ever stopped gw from price gouging

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

like this has ever stopped gw from price gouging

They've actually been selling older poo poo at a decent markdown when it's in a box game or bundle - see Lost Patrol, Gangs of Comorragh, or even new poo poo in Death Masque, Renegade, and Deathwatch Overkill. If you want actual price gouging, wait til they break up poo poo from a box like Betrayal at Calth or Prospero.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the only box theyre selling that you could convince me isnt overpriced is the spire of dawn/isle of blood repackage

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Hihohe posted:

Who is this guy so i can punch him.

Could you just imagine? Good quality plastic gangers?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

SRM posted:

Every box of that size has been $150, even the one with two Knights, the Knight upgrade sprue, and a Cities of Death building. I'd be sincerely surprised if it was more than that, $200 tops. It's not like the Space Marine Scouts and Ork Boyz sprues haven't paid for themselves at this point. I don't think I need more boyz, but 10 more Neophytes for my Black Templars would be a welcome addition. That terrain rules too.

The Imperial Knights: Renegade boxed set isn't even on sale in Australia, but I can tell you that Horus Heresy: Betrayal at Calth and Burning of Prospero are a ludicrous $265 dollarydoos each, and they just come with cardboard tiles rather than large pieces of terrain. This thing is going to clear $400 easily

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Ah, I'm talking freedombux, not dollarydoos. Those boxes come with shitloads of new models as opposed to Scouts from 4th edition and Orks from 5th edition, neither of which are selling too well these days I imagine.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

When has that ever made a difference in the past?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

NTRabbit posted:

You mean you didnt go out and buy a box of the gangs of cormorants?

:ducksiren:

At least this comes with troop selections.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

NTRabbit posted:

Lost Patrol and Gangs of Comorragh, for two.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Let's make orks popular again by including them in a new box set with a decade old sprue!

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Surprised that I don't see more vehicles for sale.

On bartertown very few people are selling any vehicles, and on ebay it's either on sprue for a slight discount over retail, or it's a tank with the dumbest loving loadout like turret lascannon and HB sponsons predator, that's missing half the pieces. Or just straight up doesn't have a turret.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Mar 15, 2017

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

LingcodKilla posted:

Let's make orks popular again by including them in a new box set with a decade old sprue!

Here's a sneak peek at next quarter's exciting expansion pack:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

adamantium|wang posted:

Here's a sneak peek at next quarter's exciting expansion pack:

Woh buddy I said decade singular.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Is there a site that keeps track of revisions of GW kits and the date they were introduced?

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

LingcodKilla posted:

Woh buddy I said decade singular.

Oh wow I just realised Gorkamorka was 1997. That kit is old enough to drink in the UK.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

LingcodKilla posted:

Boy are they gonna feel dumb when these guys sell better for 40k players than AoS to covert to squats.

That was my immediate thought on seeing them.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know about anyone else but I honestly haven't been enjoying the look of the more recent Ork/Orc sculpts. They've all been looking more or less the same recently.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Comment thread on the FB post about this Armageddon game says that it will include campaign rules as well as everything else.
Suitable alternative to killteam but with persistence?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Don't know if any of you mentioned it before when we were initially talking about 40k podcasts, but I'm really enjoying frontline gaming's, especially the chapter tactics episodes where they go over 40k in a competitive environment, basically exactly what I was looking for.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

mcjomar posted:

Comment thread on the FB post about this Armageddon game says that it will include campaign rules as well as everything else.
Suitable alternative to killteam but with persistence?

Basically yes.

I'm going through my miniatures pile to sell stuff before I move, and I found the Dark Angels Tac squad from Dark Vengeance that I painted when it came out (1 team). I've got the Carcharadons I painted up as well (2 teams), some Chaos Cultists and marines I painted up from DV (3 teams), the Genestealer Hybrids I've just undercoated (4 teams), some Eldar Pirates from Rogue Trader I found in a box (5 teams), some Skitarii Rangers (6 teams) etc etc etc.

They talk about organised play formats which implies campaigns (and talk about Necromunda style skills development for your mans) and talk about the plastic troop boxes for each army ending up as playable.

This is an interesting development. Because everything is in the box or will be downloadable, it removes having to get codices, which Kill Team still has. Buy a box of troops and start playing.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Here's the post for Armageddon. It lists all the units that will have rules.

Skitarii Rangers
Chaos Space Marines
Cultists
Dark Eldar Wyches
Dire Avengers
Eldar Guardians
Harlequin Troupe
Grey Knights Strike Squad
Necron Immortals
Necron Warriors
Tau Empire Pathfinder Team
Tyranid Warrior Brood
Neophyte Hybrids
Scouts
Scouts with sniper rifles
Cadian Infantry Squad
Ork Boyz

(I like how Scouts and sniper Scouts are two different units)

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
*Some of them, article says this isn't them all. It excludes Strike/Breacher teams despite them being in the trailer.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hmm, I guess depending on a rules review, I may actually give GW money for a thing then.
I like my plastic killy mans games to have campaigns and experience, which Necromunda, Mordheim, Gorkamorka, and 3rd edition 40k (campaigns section, right towards the back), and 4th edition 40k killteam (spec ops vs goons and Big Boss) all allowed for to lesser or greater degrees.
If this is going to go the same route, it may be a good sell, for me.

Stuff like this is a good step on GW's part in terms of creating stuff for people to buy.
Hopefully we'll see more steps like this.
Especially if we get to re-use our KillTeam units in the final release of this and/or also get to see this evolved for Necromunda-specific use, with updates to remove any glaring issues from previous editions of that game/type of game.

The lack of campaign stuff along these lines (experience, death, loot, etc) in other games, either by GW or by other companies, is one of the things that usually ends up making me bounce off those games/companies in the end, and it takes a degree of effort/good design to get me to work past that, so seeing GW do this is really nice :unsmith:

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
Have to agree, while I don't really have the time/inclination/cash to build a full army or attempt to understand all the rules they've added since 3rd, I'd definitely pick up a box of guys and get in to some squad level stuff.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Technowolf posted:

How many people actually use scouts?

Land speeder storm for cheap and fast obsec

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Technowolf posted:

Here's the post for Armageddon. It lists all the units that will have rules.

Skitarii Rangers
Chaos Space Marines
Cultists
Dark Eldar Wyches
Dire Avengers
Eldar Guardians
Harlequin Troupe
Grey Knights Strike Squad
Necron Immortals
Necron Warriors
Tau Empire Pathfinder Team
Tyranid Warrior Brood
Neophyte Hybrids
Scouts
Scouts with sniper rifles
Cadian Infantry Squad
Ork Boyz

(I like how Scouts and sniper Scouts are two different units)

Cultists and Chaos Marines for Chaos, but oddly no tactical Marines. Seems especially odd that Necrons get access to Immortals.

Seems like a good first attempt, but it wouldn't of been that hard to represent Sisters with another page, or Kabalite warriors for Dark Eldar. Hopefully we will see some unit expansion if this succeeds.

SteelMentor posted:

*Some of them, article says this isn't them all. It excludes Strike/Breacher teams despite them being in the trailer.

Nevermind then.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
edit: f,b

Makes me think there's a LOT more units in the actual rules, I don't blame them for not wanting to hyperlink every single unit when they're at a trade show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Hihohe posted:

I never played Necromunda. Could you play orks and eldar?

Orks had a unofficial/official list in the Citadel Journal, but that was it. You could reasonable proxy them in for Goliaths though.

mcjomar posted:

Hmm, I guess depending on a rules review, I may actually give GW money for a thing then.
It's supposed to be almost identical to NM, so if you're familiar with that, you're golden. They specifically said this does not use 40K rules.

It's an interesting way to get around producing new gangers, while still putting out a "new" game. Hopefully ganger rules will appear in WD or online relatively quickly, like they did with the old BB teams.

• Locked thread