Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I'm enjoying the negotiation and redefinition of "good" currently going on in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
This game will definitely be a game. I can say that with 100% certainty

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I played at least 80 hours of ME3 multi, if I can get half that out of this I'll be happy. VANGUAARRD

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The multiplayer trailer looked cool and had a smoother headed Turian than normal.

Are the kett and cat faces the only aliens shown so far from andromeda area of space? Are there any more or are Bioware playing it super safe

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
In regards to that video about squad powers I mentioned earlier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3q_Nd5arZM&t=210s

Looking at it again it does look like you're just ordering them to attack the enemy and if they have powers up then they'll use it. Not as much fine control as I would like, unfortunately.

Flipswitch posted:

The multiplayer trailer looked cool and had a smoother headed Turian than normal.

Are the kett and cat faces the only aliens shown so far from andromeda area of space? Are there any more or are Bioware playing it super safe
I think they mentioned there being more, but something to remember is that there were no Reapers setting up mass relay technology in the Andromeda Galaxy. It's thereby much more difficult for different stellar clusters to travel to each other and set up the sort of Citadel government that the Milky Way had.

v The Kett aren't from the Heleus Cluster, but they could still be from Andromeda.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Mar 15, 2017

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Apparently Kett aren't from Andromeda but yeah that it's besides wildlife.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Flipswitch posted:

i want to say we've seen one more species who looked kind of like the selkath in the video where we that pistol stealing gif came from

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
So are all those mysterious ruins they talk about in the trailers from Milky Way people who left after you but got there before you?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Obstacle2 posted:

The game will probably be okay. It was pretty much a guaranteed buy for me because I really enjoyed the original ME games. The facial animations are awful but I don't really feel like that is going to be something that has much bearing on whether or not the game is fun. And the writing will be bad, as it is in 99.9 percent of all video games ever made. So what?

I wish I could say it is weird how many people are weirdly rooting for it to fail in this thread, but I guess that happens with every big game.

So the thing this series and game are about, meaningful interactions with characters, will both look and be bad?

And you don't care?

It's especially galling when they're directly saying that they "took inspiration from the Witcher 3" then they're showing cardboard cutouts with googly eyes slapping faceham at each other with dialog that looks like it was written by Joss Whedon if he was a mentally challenged child.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

So the thing this series and game are about, meaningful interactions with characters, will both look and be bad?

And you don't care?

It's especially galling when they're directly saying that they "took inspiration from the Witcher 3" then they're showing cardboard cutouts wiht Google eyes slapping faceham at each other with dialog that looks like it was written by Joss Whedon if he was a mentally challenged child.

i'm trying to figure out the gap between the people who are like 'who cares about the gameplay, i'm sure the story will be fine' and the people who are like 'who cares about the story, i'm sure the gameplay will be fun'.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I actually played some Witcher 3 tonight and the facial animations are not very good there either or are at least on par with ME:A for a vast majority of characters.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I don't know what the gap is but the connection is 60-100USD they've already spent.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Also since Mass Effect 3 the series has been about fun TPS gameplay for me also I am an adult in a relationship so I no longer need to buy Bioware games to pretend like I have meaning in life or know what it's like to have girls talk to me :shrug:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Also since Mass Effect 3 the series has been about fun TPS gameplay for me also I am an adult in a relationship so I no longer need to buy Bioware games to pretend like I have meaning in life or know what it's like to have girls talk to me :shrug:

Fuckin' savage bro.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

euthanize all gamers.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

I actually played some Witcher 3 tonight and the facial animations are not very good there either or are at least on par with ME:A for a vast majority of characters.

I also am totally blind, hello fellow blind person

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I also am totally blind, hello fellow blind person

Sorry I should clarify that the characters you're intended to jerk off to in the Witcher 3 animate flawlessly

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Sorry I should clarify that the characters you're intended to jerk off to in the Witcher 3 animate flawlessly

stupid sexy rock trolls

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I bet this game will be pretty good. I sort of skipped around that Polygon stream but I don't want to burn myself out with excitement or pre-release fatigue or whatever it is.

When it comes out, Imma buy it, and play it, and not lose my poo poo either way.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

In regards to that video about squad powers I mentioned earlier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3q_Nd5arZM&t=210s

Looking at it again it does look like you're just ordering them to attack the enemy and if they have powers up then they'll use it. Not as much fine control as I would like, unfortunately.
I think they mentioned there being more, but something to remember is that there were no Reapers setting up mass relay technology in the Andromeda Galaxy. It's thereby much more difficult for different stellar clusters to travel to each other and set up the sort of Citadel government that the Milky Way had.

v The Kett aren't from the Heleus Cluster, but they could still be from Andromeda.
Ooh that's true. Mass relays made things easier. Still hope there's more because the Ang-Cat dudes look kinda lovely to me. Maybe they'll be cooler in the game

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

I Am A Robot posted:

So are all those mysterious ruins they talk about in the trailers from Milky Way people who left after you but got there before you?
Having the Remnant actually be Milky Way denizens who got infected with the Synthesis ending and then made it to Andromeda faster than you would be a stroke of genius and hilarity...and I highly doubt that's going to be the case. :v:

Speaking on a similar note, though...this playthrough video [heavy spoilers] seems be expanding on a lot of what ME3 had seemed to be trying to set up about conflicts of organic-synthetic coexistence. I'm kind of equally alarmed and fearful that they're going full tilt with the whole organics vs synthetics concept that's pretty connected to that infamously reviled ME3 ending...but at least they're taking some time to set it up as something important here?

(:ohdear:)

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm going to record the entirety of my playthrough so I can make a montage of terrible poo poo.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
They are doing the important set up to sell you more DLC.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Alan Is More Upset posted:

I'm going to record the entirety of my playthrough so I can make a montage of terrible poo poo.

So you're just gonna post the entire playthrough?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

DancingShade posted:

They are doing the important set up to sell you more DLC.

The Andromeda Initiative found massive stores of money for EA in this newly discovered Golden World pack!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Having the Remnant actually be Milky Way denizens who got infected with the Synthesis ending and then made it to Andromeda faster than you would be a stroke of genius and hilarity...and I highly doubt that's going to be the case. :v:

Speaking on a similar note, though...this playthrough video [heavy spoilers] seems be expanding on a lot of what ME3 had seemed to be trying to set up about conflicts of organic-synthetic coexistence. I'm kind of equally alarmed and fearful that they're going full tilt with the whole organics vs synthetics concept that's pretty connected to that infamously reviled ME3 ending...but at least they're taking some time to set it up as something important here?

(:ohdear:)

i guess mac walters is a bit bitter about the reception of his ending

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

BrianWilly posted:

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huTX6EZMkvs]t

Oh fuuuck. This is pretty bad even by space fantasy standards of writing. The AI flat out says "Your dad hid secrets in me but I can't tell you more until you do more quests." I wish the sex bot was back, at least it had personality.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

cams posted:

euthanize all gamers.

This gimmick speaks to my soul.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Alan Is More Upset posted:

Requesting a yackety sax or similar music track.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Oh fuuuck. This is pretty bad even by space fantasy standards of writing. The AI flat out says "Your dad hid secrets in me but I can't tell you more until you do more quests." I wish the sex bot was back, at least it had personality.

yeah, that line was dreadful. "the more you explore as pathfinder, the more blocks will be removed" - how, why?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Milky Moor posted:

yeah, that line was dreadful. "the more you explore as pathfinder, the more blocks will be removed" - how, why?

I'm afraid you're not experienced enough as a poster for me to explain that to you. Ask me again when you've made, say, maybe, 10 more posts.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Milky Moor posted:

Hudson's quote about systems being too videogamey is good in context and in general, but man it bites Bioware in the rear end, like, every time.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

isk posted:

Hudson's quote about systems being too videogamey is good in context and in general, but man it bites Bioware in the rear end, like, every time.

What was the quote?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

nifty. Angaran multiplayer character with party-wide cloak buff action

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Milky Moor posted:

Maybe it's supposed to be a security clearance thing?

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Funky See Funky Do posted:

and after exploring every planet, overturning every rock, shedding light on every crevice, S.A.M. finally spills the ultimate Ryder family secret.

Ryder dad was gay.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

RatHat posted:

Maybe it's supposed to be a security clearance thing?

Well yeah but just about what it implies for a moment. It doesn't make any sense on any level outside of a gameplay mechanic. The dad sat down and programmed in "Ok don't tell the next Pathfinder this stuff until they've explored 3 planets or unlocked 50 alien consoles or established 13 outposts - whichever comes first."

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What was the quote?

It's from the final hours of ME3, how a TIM boss battle was nixed because it seemed too video-gamey.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Arglebargle III posted:

I'm enjoying the negotiation and redefinition of "good" currently going on in the thread.

Pathfinder, we've identified seven potential goalposts for this thread, all varying in scale and quality. It will be your mission to explore them all over the course of this game's development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Darth Windu posted:

All the early reviews are awful...how much should I be ramping down my hype? I was at really high levels for a bit, but if this is as bad as everyone is saying it is... 😰

what reviews are those