Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Remember you can put 3 of the same map to get the next map (generally a tier higher).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Ooh, did not know that. Thanks

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

jerichojx posted:

Speaking about maps, I'm having horrible luck in map progression and now I am stuck at lvl 75 doing lvl 69 maps.

How do I actually move forward in the tiers other than get lucky?

Your shaped map should be 73?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also alc maps like tier 5 and above

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
God drat it they formally ask for translators and I was so nervous that I made some mistakes on the job application email :negative: . Should I just send a ps mentioning that or should I just commit sudoku.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

turboraton posted:

God drat it they formally ask for translators and I was so nervous that I made some mistakes on the job application email :negative: . Should I just send a ps mentioning that or should I just commit sudoku.

Be honest. But also be mindful that they're going to get inundated with applicants, so even if you had a perfect application you're in competition with a lot of people.

Best of luck!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I think I found a winner. Does a couple EX feel about right here? That's what poe.trade would seem to indicate I think.

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*
I need some help. I started levelling a Tornado Shot ranger, based on Neversink's guide - and was told "that's a bad guide and out of date". So I started looking at Sarang's budget TS guide, and my tree is currently what Sarang recommends, as it was pretty simple to change over (couple of nodes in alternate places, etc.)

My DPS is pretty nice - at level 58, I'm doing 2.9k DPS with TShot, and 4K with Ice Shot. I can survive a lot of things - massive packs, most breaches, etc. But I die like a chump to bosses. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong, and it's probably all in my gear. I have a bit of c saved up, and an exalt orb I can sell, so regearing isn't out of the question.

Here's my profile, char in question is Phalistae: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TwystNeko/characters

J
Jun 10, 2001

jerichojx posted:

Speaking about maps, I'm having horrible luck in map progression and now I am stuck at lvl 75 doing lvl 69 maps.

How do I actually move forward in the tiers other than get lucky?

Don't worry about being higher level than the maps you're in - unless you go out of your way to buy maps, you're going to end up higher level than the maps, which is perfectly fine. Just for comparison, some people regularly level up into the 80s in dried lake which is a level 67 area.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

TwystNeko posted:

I need some help. I started levelling a Tornado Shot ranger, based on Neversink's guide - and was told "that's a bad guide and out of date". So I started looking at Sarang's budget TS guide, and my tree is currently what Sarang recommends, as it was pretty simple to change over (couple of nodes in alternate places, etc.)

My DPS is pretty nice - at level 58, I'm doing 2.9k DPS with TShot, and 4K with Ice Shot. I can survive a lot of things - massive packs, most breaches, etc. But I die like a chump to bosses. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong, and it's probably all in my gear. I have a bit of c saved up, and an exalt orb I can sell, so regearing isn't out of the question.

Here's my profile, char in question is Phalistae: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TwystNeko/characters

0. Wow, your profile is actually set to public. And I had "profile is private" all queued up too.
1. Jesus, at least 4L your attack skills.
2. Every slot (almost) being filled with uniques means you're going to be hosed eventually due to lack of defenses. I'd say that's happening right now. Drop Prismweave and Thief's Torment for a good leather belt and rings with some resistances on them. Karui Ward can go to (or at least upgrade it to Karui Charge if you're dead set on keeping it).
3. Get Phase Acrobatics now. Re-spec out of those mana nodes near the Ranger start if you have to.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 15, 2017

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
If you are running out of maps buy one copy of a map you haven't done and do the bonus objective to get 1% increased chance to find a higher tier map. Keep doing that for all the maps you can, and especially if it drops the shaper orb thing.

Mapping is supposed to be hard to ramp up but once you get over the hurdle you have a pretty infinite stockpile of T9+ maps. Because this is how mapping works now its in your best interest to throw currency at maps until you break on through to the other side. Be aggressive about tackling new maps until you fill out everything up to T9 (assuming your build can handle it) and you should be free of mapping woes.

This guide has other useful infos like which maps to shape and how to craft your maps: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1489756

TwystNeko
Dec 25, 2004

*ya~~wn*

whypick1 posted:

0. Wow, your profile is actually set to public. And I had "profile is private" all queued up too.
1. Jesus, at least 4L your attack skills.
2. Every slot (almost) being filled with uniques means you're going to be hosed eventually due to lack of defenses. I'd say that's happening right now. Drop Prismweave and Thief's Torment for a good leather belt and rings with some resistances on them. Karui Ward can go to (or at least upgrade it to Karui Charge if you're dead set on keeping it).
3. Get Phase Acrobatics now. Re-spec out of those mana nodes near the Ranger start if you have to.

1) I ran out of fuses trying to 4L stuff, but I'm fixing it slowly - moving stuff around, etc.
2) I was going by suggestions in gchat, and it bit me in the rear end. I've got a new belt, boots, and other stuff I'm trying to figure out. I got the ring to offset the anti-leech of the bow. But I guess I'll find another bow.
3) will do!

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

CI can't take savage blows, because you never lose life.

i'm feeling real squishy on my zerker witherstorm and, i mean, he's already wearing an ES chest...!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

TwystNeko posted:

1) I ran out of fuses trying to 4L stuff, but I'm fixing it slowly - moving stuff around, etc.

FYI, you have higher chance to socket and link stuff that has max quality

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Soothing Vapors posted:

it can kill shaper, argus should be fine

Argus is immune to ignite, so he's not fine.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jinnigan posted:

i'm feeling real squishy on my zerker witherstorm and, i mean, he's already wearing an ES chest...!

Post your profile. You did get Cloaked in Savagery and Vaal Pact, right?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Just break that exalt and buy some gear. Get a 5 or 6l chest, buy a better bow.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Post your profile. You did get Cloaked in Savagery and Vaal Pact, right?

Even with those things it can feel squishy, especially when bosses start getting attacks that deal 5k damage.

And then you roll twinned...

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Just getting back into this game after months and months off (quit just after trials was released). Whats changed since then?

And can I get a guild invite please, IGN is grottylittlewanker

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The current league is literally "play with all of the past league mods" and this summer we're getting 10 acts/no difficulties.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Argus is immune to ignite, so he's not fine.

So is Phoenix but that build handles him OK. Is uber Argus worse?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

^^
I actually don't know, the build guide doesn't show the fight.

please knock Mom! posted:

Even with those things it can feel squishy, especially when bosses start getting attacks that deal 5k damage.

And then you roll twinned...

yeah, that's why my zerkers basically always switch to kaoms in t16 and above, but I guess you're screwed then...

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Decoy totem

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Is the answer to pretty much everything.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
eq slayer ripped to volatiles in hcssf at 80, found a cart box and was pushing maps too fast on 6k hp :(

goodbye melee, time to roll ED or something

(still playing one handed, completely used to it now)

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

My one goal for the league is complete, and now I am poor again. Trying to decide between Ngamahu's and HoWA for the build I want to play with it. Played both last league and enjoyed them both, HoWA is better especially against the end game content, but Ngahamu's is way more relaxing to play.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Mar 15, 2017

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010

J posted:

Don't worry about being higher level than the maps you're in - unless you go out of your way to buy maps, you're going to end up higher level than the maps, which is perfectly fine. Just for comparison, some people regularly level up into the 80s in dried lake which is a level 67 area.

Wait why?

Edit: About Cartographer's Chisel, do people just upgrade Rock Hammers with Blacksmiths and then craft a Chisel with it?

jerichojx fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 15, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Because of high pack density, you can pretty much ignore experience penalty until level 78, as you will still be gaining experience faster in maps. You can go further, but the rate starts to decline faster after that, so it boils down to personal lake tolerance.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Because of high pack density, you can pretty much ignore experience penalty until level 78, as you will still be gaining experience faster in maps. You can go further, but the rate starts to decline faster after that, so it boils down to personal lake tolerance.

So people do Dried Lakes because it's faster to level and easier? I guess I was doing it wrong then :(

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

jerichojx posted:

So people do Dried Lakes because it's faster to level and easier? I guess I was doing it wrong then :(
Yes.

Edit: By the way, that also is the reason why people will tell you to farm Cruel Lake over Merciless Ledge should you decide to darn around that point. Pack size/density is the king.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Mar 15, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I hate dried lake because it's boring, but depending on the build I can get absolutely batshit xp/hour at virtually no risk. My fireballer was pulling 215-225m/hour and that was my first character of this league, and went from 65 to 80 in an afternoon. With a more equipped, twinked out range character you can push it further. Hell, even my new EQ jugg was doing 150m/hour until like 79-80.

So for hegemony EQ, I think my attack speed being so high is loving my EQ aftershocks. I'm going to get the enchant eventually, but would going Ice Crash or Sweep be a better idea maybe? I'm a jugg so going crash might not be the best maybe.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yes.

Edit: By the way, that also is the reason why people will tell you to farm Cruel Lake over Merciless Ledge should you decide to darn around that point. Pack size/density is the king.

Isn't merc ledge easier to braindead farm since it's a straight line? I usually have to pay a teensy bit of attention in lake since you can easily waste time weaving and backtracking.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Isn't merc ledge easier to braindead farm since it's a straight line? I usually have to pay a teensy bit of attention in lake since you can easily waste time weaving and backtracking.
Maybe if for a new player.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

RosaParksOfDip posted:

The enemies are much lower level so your gains drop off fast. Good luck getting past 70 in Ledge.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

dis astranagant posted:

The enemies are much lower level so your gains drop off fast. Good luck getting past 70 in Ledge.
We're talking Cruel Lake vs Merc Ledge, not Merc Lake vs Merc Ledge.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I meant versus cruel lake as cinci said some people suggest. personally I don't stop to farm. I just mash my face against tier 1 maps as soon as I get the skillpoint from act 4.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I'm usually way overlevelled, hit dried lake to 70 and move on. This time I had some amazing league stones that couldn't be used past cruel lake so I farmed that for a bit and still make a steady trickle of chaos selling stupid poo poo I picked up during it.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Removing Diviner's boxes from Lake has dramatically reduced its appeal to me.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Removing diviners from non-maps really sucks. I made a decent bit of early currency in breach from lucky cards. Nothing crazy but helped funding the early upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
They seem to have reduced diviner's spawn rate radically anyway. I've only seen a single one so far this league.

• Locked thread