Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
MJ is really dropping the ball on reminding these guys that a City is having it's streetlights destroyed as they stand around and comment on things as they are happening over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Space Crabs posted:

MJ is really dropping the ball on reminding these guys that a City is having it's streetlights destroyed as they stand around and comment on things as they are happening over and over.

it's fine, time stops when the camera isn't focused on something. the sentry will have to wait to take the city of albuquerque's lighting down a notch until it's his turn

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Raskolnikov38 posted:

rocket, totally down with some murder

it's canon

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
by the way that's not out of context or anything, Rocket has just murdered a bunch of people and he says "BLAM! Murdered you!" after each kill, Rocket is actually quite into murdering people.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Well it looks like he's got some serious brain swelling going on so it may not be his fault.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

rocket, totally down with some murder

MJ, still high.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Alhazred posted:

MJ, still high.

Honestly, she might be the only one in this comic who isn't.

I mean for chrissake the sentry is doing shrooms on panel.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I will always hate Bendis for forcing that catchphrase on Rocket.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
"That's why I waited until he got brain damage from hypoxia."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well so is that giant robot but that didn't stop y'all from forgetting it was a thing.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

"That's why I waited until he got brain damage from hypoxia."

Now Ronan only has a slight intellectual advantage.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MJ stop giving Peter reasons to want to put the helmet on as fast as possible!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Put the helmet on backwards so he can breathe but can't see.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bruceski posted:

Put the helmet on backwards so he can breathe but can't see.

Then pretend to be Kree High Command and tell him he successfully conquered Earth so he should call off the Sentry and tell it to shutdown, then go home. That way the Sentry can plant itself in an inner city park and become a playground for children :3:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

It's going to end with Ronan going home while the sentry will have been befriended by a scrappy young kid who taught it the meaning of heroism, and it may or may not sacrifice itself to save Albuquerque from a nuclear attack. Spider-Man will have nothing to do with it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Spidey's going to put the helmet on backwards so that Ronan can't see, and this being Newspaper Spider-Man it will actually work.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Cabbit posted:

Spidey's going to put the helmet on backwards so that Ronan can't see, and this being Newspaper Spider-Man it will actually work.

Ronan will then call back the sentry to help him out with his helmet. It all makes sense now!

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
MJ: also pretty okay with killing a guy.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I mean, let's be real. This is the guy it's okay to kill right here. That said, maybe Spider-Man's leniency will avert a diplomatic incident.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Put the helmet on halfway so he gets just enough Kree air to not die, but not enough to be able to do anything.

This only makes sense in the Newspaperverse.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Ronan's going to go Full Klingon with this.

"You have saved my life little bug-man, Ronan now owes you a debt. To pay it, I shall call off the Sentry's attack and leave your planet for now."

[Next Issue: Ronan leaves]

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Yvonmukluk posted:

It's going to end with Ronan going home while the sentry will have been befriended by a scrappy young kid who taught it the meaning of heroism, and it may or may not sacrifice itself to save Albuquerque from a nuclear attack. Spider-Man will have nothing to do with it.

If it's the same kid from the plane trip to Hawaii, I'm down.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Honestly, she might be the only one in this comic who isn't.

Counterpoint:

I can't feel my face when I'm with you

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Giving Ronan his helmet back so he doesn't die isn't all that crazy of an idea provided, oh, I dunno, someone takes away his hammer, first?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ferrule posted:

Giving Ronan his helmet back so he doesn't die isn't all that crazy of an idea provided, oh, I dunno, someone takes away his hammer, first?

UNIVERSAL WEAPON.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

UNIVERSAL WEAPON.

COSMI-ROD!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

ZeeToo posted:

And he get invited to join The Avengers.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

UNIVERSAL WEAPON.

Penis.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they can give ronan his helmet back, but they need to go "boop! got your nose!" to coerce him into calling the sentry off.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ZeeToo posted:

He defeats the sentry through sass.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
"Hey Sentry, how come you aren't in the Kree Empire?"

"OH SHROOOOOM!!"

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I read a few NSM strips when I went home to visit at Christmas time.

Peter and Rocket are STILL fighting Ronan. Good lord. This thread is amazing though.

Anyone know if there's like, a list of the team-ups/villains Spidey's encountered over the years? I'm really just curious if he ever fought the Super Skrull.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah spidey plow him!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Rocket trying the bold spout gibberish strat

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

CharlestheHammer posted:

Rocket trying the bold spout gibberish strat

hey another week and Ronan should have permanent brain damage

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Yeah spidey plow him!

I know it won't but it'd own if Rocket was just bullshitting Peter until Ronan died.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I know it won't but it'd own if Rocket was just bullshitting Peter until Ronan died.

Peter can not speak and act at the same time so it is actually an effective strategy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"He only needs the helmet to breathe earth's atmosphere, but if we throw him into space then he'll be out of this heavy atmosphere!"
"Of course."
Four days later
"Waitaminute, htere's no air in space!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Look now he fell asleep because he's so comfortable!

• Locked thread