Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Real hurthling! posted:

change the color settings on your switch from auto to whatever else until it looks right

Hmmm... is that just something in settings? I should try that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Rirse posted:

Surprise there been no leak impression on the Binding of Isaac release. I saw the copies we got at work today in the backroom, but they are street dated so I wasn't going to even try to buy it.

Isn't it just a straight port of the PC version that's been out for like a year? I imagine some people are excited to get it mobile but it's not exactly "brand new never before seen content".

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Isn't it just a straight port of the PC version that's been out for like a year? I imagine some people are excited to get it mobile but it's not exactly "brand new never before seen content".

Yup. It's just the most current version and should have patch support.
The devs made a blog post praising the Switch and Nintendo for making it so easy, especially considering the crap they went through for the 3DS.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I haven't used one yet and haven't read much about the tech inside. How are the joy cons for motion control compared to the Wiimotes? Could they play VC versions of Wii Sports?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Inzombiac posted:

Yup. It's just the most current version and should have patch support.
The devs made a blog post praising the Switch and Nintendo for making it so easy, especially considering the crap they went through for the 3DS.

Yeah that why I am interested in knowing if the port is good. The 3DS version I heard was very bad. The Vita version that I have (but without any of the DLCs) was a pretty great version, but it had some issues at times. I hope it like that, as it was one of the few things I did like using on the Vita beyond Persona 4.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Spacebump posted:

I haven't used one yet and haven't read much about the tech inside. How are the joy cons for motion control compared to the Wiimotes? Could they play VC versions of Wii Sports?

They definitely could; the gyro works really well, but there's no IR (except a rear-facing one on the right joycon for some reason) but I don't remember if Wii Sports used any IR. The Joycons are small and not as comfortable to hold as a Wiimote, but it's not really an issue.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

parallelodad posted:

I'm talking about Lego City

Oh. Lol.

Also, am I the only person that set out to unlock the entire map in Zelda before story stuff? It's a bit of a grind at first but I feel like it'll pay off to easily get around to shrines/seeds moving forward 😎

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rirse posted:

Yeah that why I am interested in knowing if the port is good. The 3DS version I heard was very bad. The Vita version that I have (but without any of the DLCs) was a pretty great version, but it had some issues at times. I hope it like that, as it was one of the few things I did like using on the Vita beyond Persona 4.

Yeah the 3DS is almost humourously bad.
At least according to the devs, the porting process was extremely easy because Nintendo is genuinely excited about having a huge indie library.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

InFlames235 posted:

Also, am I the only person that set out to unlock the entire map in Zelda before story stuff? It's a bit of a grind at first but I feel like it'll pay off to easily get around to shrines/seeds moving forward 😎

I set out to do this but kept getting roped into quests. Also, it was a while before I had the right equipment for cold weather areas.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
Hey, if you've been trying to join the Nintengoons Discord server but were unable to see anything but a blank #welcome channel, try again. Discord did something funky recently with channel permissions, making the auth channel completely hidden to unauthenticated users. It's been resolved, though, so come on in!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So is Disgaea 5 the same as whatever version will release in NA?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm five plus hours into Zelda and just now leaving noobie zone. Any other game and I'd probably be labeled a slow rear end scrub.

My girlfriend isn't a gamer but I thought it'd be fun to play through the "tutorial" area with her so we could kinda share the experience and she'd have a good frame of reference for what I'm going to be talking about for the next few months. I told her it'd take about an hour.

Ended up taking like five times that but it turns out she enjoys solving puzzles and pointing out apples, mushrooms, and sources of fresh meat that I didn't see. This is a cool game.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Does anyone sell a double controller charger like this, assuming I ever find a second pro controller?

All these cords are no bueno.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Pro controller charges from the top but if it's anything like the Wii U Pro, you'll only charge it twice a year, tops.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Switch Airport Trip round 2: Still didn't make me take the Switch out of my bag, but this time the dock caused then to search my bag and they swabbed it for explosives.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm currently on charge three for my pro controller. Charged it when I first got it, charged it last week and I'm charging it now.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
Anyone else been having any issues with a joycon not being recognized by the system in handheld mode? Had it happen twice this week, first time it was as simple as taking them off the console and clicking them back on, while this second time the right joycon would work on the home menu, but the system didn't recognize it as attached, and no amount of removing and replacing it would work. Eventually I just put the joycons in the controller dock and reconnected them to the system after a few minutes and they worked fine afterwards. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on it and hope I don't need to send anything in. :(

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

I'm going to start over some time and immediately bonk Ganon with a stick just to see if I can.

Yeah for me first playthrough is discovery, second playthrough is try to break the game.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Blaster Master Zero is everything I wanted in a sequel and the real final boss is just perfect. Time for new game plus.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/FizzySodaWave/status/840364646980845569

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LODGE NORTH posted:

Is Blaster Master Zero a good game to buy if you've never played the first one? I thought it was a mild Megaman ripoff, but it look more involved.

It's basically a remake of the first game. You don't need to know poo poo about it.
It's not really akin to Megaman, as it's more of a Metroidvania in disguise.

Louisgod posted:

How does saving in Blaster Master Zero work? I only ever beat the original via save states 20 years later.

Checkpoints, but you can also save anywhere.
No downside to dying either, you just respawn at the closest checkpoint.

Blaster Master Zero is real good. Grab it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'll tell you who I have the hots for. My boy Sidon.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Infinitum posted:

I'll tell you who I have the hots for. My boy Sidon.

What's the fish verison of a furry?

Oh god I stupidly looked it up and found this on reddit

quote:

I'm surprised how rare it is considering so many people (myself included) have had the hots for Princess Ruto (of the Legend Zelda game Ocarina of Time) for years. But it got me wondering, is Ruto even a furry?

Oh and apparently the answer is scalies? Sounds like an STD.

EpicNemesis
Dec 3, 2005
Someone collected all 900 seeds, their reward was golden poop.

Also my switch finally arrived here in Nigeria, missing a joy con strap, not sure if that was from a customs inspection or a packing error back home. (deboxed it and shipped loosely in a case with all the rest of the poo poo in the box to cut down on shipping charges). It's amazing, and the nature of Zelda is such that I can catch up more or less to my Wii U save progress in a fraction of the time (with maybe less ingredients).

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
I'm super excited about catching up on all the Nintendo stuff from the last decade. Gamecube is my most recent console, so hopefully the Virtual Console is pretty robust and/or lots of Wii/U games are ported over.

Also, when does the rumble get too extreme in Blaster Master? I'm only in area two but it's felt relatively mild so far.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gaspy Conana posted:

Also, when does the rumble get too extreme in Blaster Master?

Trust me, you'll know.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

For someone that has never played, should I be picking this up? It looks pretty cool

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gaspy Conana posted:

I'm super excited about catching up on all the Nintendo stuff from the last decade

Get a WiiU when they turn up super cheap. Without pointer controls, I don't think there'll be a lot of backwards compatibility with the Wii era.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Mar 15, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Linx posted:

For someone that has never played, should I be picking this up? It looks pretty cool

It's basically the king of randomly generated rogues likes.

Probably put a couple hundred hours into the various iterations of it.

If you've never played it before and like the genre, it's absolutely worth getting.
"Just one more run"

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Linx posted:

If you're not sure you'll like it I'd say "get it on steam, play it a bit, and refund it to either get it or not on the switch", since I can guarantee you that steam's refund policy is more lenient and easier to deal with that nintendo's

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Macintosh HD posted:

Well I have spent my entire snow day watching Quantum Leap marathons on the TV while playing Zelda in handheld mode
What an age we live in.

InFlames235 posted:

Oh. Lol.

I've gone to one or two areas where I wanted to unlock the map, but either couldn't find the tower or the tower was loving surrounded by Guardians.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Linx posted:

Alternatively. I got it free on ps4 and can't stand it. I've tried a number of times over the years to get into it but its never stuck.

I don't doubt its a great game for people who like the genre. But its very not for me.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Binding of Isaac is really good. I hope the switch version is alright since I wouldn't mind getting a (good) portable version.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Teenage Fansub posted:

Get a WiiU when they turn up super cheap. Without pointer controls, I don't think there'll be a lot of backwards compatibility with the Wii era.

Have Wii Us ever been super cheap?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Takoluka posted:

Have Wii Us ever been super cheap?

I just sold mine for 220 on cl. Idgi

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

What are the car sections of Blaster Master Zero like, gameplay wise? Looking at the trailer they make it look a bit like City Connection or something.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I just sold mine for 220 on cl. Idgi
Maybe BOTW is causing a rush on them, production of them stopped a while back iirc.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 15, 2017

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you

irlZaphod posted:

What are the car sections of Blaster Master Zero like, gameplay wise? Looking at the trailer they make it look a bit like City Connection or something.

Maybe BOTW is causing a rush on them, production of them stopped a while back iirc.

Feels much nicer than City Connection. The car's control was one of the highlights of the original. Only thing I hate is the car underwater. It was painfully slow in the NES version and still is.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Luckily there's only about two times you have to take the car underwater before you get the gravity suit. Er, gravity chip.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bombadilillo posted:

Maybe challange runs could be fun? Seeing how underpowered you can beat the game. I don't know and the answers might spoil things for me.

I'm really satisfied with the way they set things up if you were to start a new game and just rush the castle, as a speed runner or masochist may do. No spoilers, but it's nigh impossible. Someone may pull it off eventually, but I'm pretty sure we won't see a "any% no upgrade tree branch only" run for years, if ever.

On that note, stay away from Hyrule Castle until you're ready to see the endgame. Like don't even go near it.

Rirse posted:

Surprise there been no leak impression on the Binding of Isaac release. I saw the copies we got at work today in the backroom, but they are street dated so I wasn't going to even try to buy it.

From what I've seen and heard, it's a solid port. I think there's a new gameplay video from PAX East that shows it running perfectly, and someone just bought the game early from Toys R Us and said it's perfect aside from the occasional bug where opening a door doesn't make the door opening sound.

enojy fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Mar 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Don't want to burst your bubble or anything but people have already speedrunned Zelda.

• Locked thread