Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

you should just go before battle of gods gets your hope up.

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

ImpAtom posted:

If you're not aware Dragonball Super is a post-Z/pre-GT series that (barring some shocking twist) shows a different plot than GT ended up doing. It's also much better than GT is.

If you mean explicitly post-GT, no, that's the end

Dragon Ball AF is totally real my uncle said he saw it when he went to Japan

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
That's the one with Super Saiyan 4 God Super Saiyan 4, right? It's effectively SSJ256!

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

its dragon ball as gently caress

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ImpAtom posted:

He steals Son Goku's body and attempts to murder both him and his friend and child.

So did Vegeta and he's one of Goku's three only friends, probably the one Goku likes the most.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

So did Vegeta and he's one of Goku's three only friends, probably the one Goku likes the most.

vegeta
krillin
???

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

vegeta
krillin
???

piccolo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No no, I'm pretty sure he's Gokus brother. I mean why else would his son Gohan look so much like Goku?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the scenes in DB where goku and krillin are happy for one another are really cute like in the first tournament. it really reminds u that they're like just bizarro 11 year olds or whatever

also one of the best scenes in all 3 series is when goku breaks into tiers after killing king picollo thinking to himself that he avenged roshi and krillin

ik its funny to play up that he's like spastic or w/e but goku is a good friend w/ a big heart

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

For all of Goku's flaws, no one can negate that he truly cares about Krillin. We had two separate occasions where Krillin dying made Goku go into a rage in a way nothing else really did, hell, it gave us our very first Super Saiyan transformation.

He's a bad dad and a bad husband, but he's a great friend to the bald midget.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Manatee Cannon posted:

vegeta
krillin
???

'Geta
The Krillmaster
Big Green

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

HitTheTargets posted:

That's the one with Super Saiyan 4 God Super Saiyan 4, right? It's effectively SSJ256!

it's too bad it causes an interger overflow and fucks goku up so much, the right half of his body just becoming this disjointed gory mess was really offputting

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Kelp Plankton posted:

it's too bad it causes an interger overflow and fucks goku up so much, the right half of his body just becoming this disjointed gory mess was really offputting

I'd pay hard money to see Goku in whatever media accidentally overflow into SSj-1 which someone wraps back to SSj255 and ends existence instantly

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blaze Dragon posted:

For all of Goku's flaws, no one can negate that he truly cares about Krillin. We had two separate occasions where Krillin dying made Goku go into a rage in a way nothing else really did, hell, it gave us our very first Super Saiyan transformation.

He cares in his own autistic fashion, like a retarded man crying about the puppy (or woman) he just crushed in his grip, but he's not a great friend to Krillin. They go years without seeing each other, don't know each other's families apart from when Krillin has to step in as primary caregiver to Gohan etc.

Having someone rage out and avenge your death is nice, but I'd prefer that someone be a friend while I'm still alive tbh.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

In fairness, Goku was dropped on his head as a baby and had no primary caregiver after what, the age of five? That's gonna damage anyone's mental and emotional development.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Everyone in Dragonball seems to be like that, whenever we see characters that haven't seen each other in a while, it's literally because they haven't seen each other since their last on-screen appearances. Apparently nobody ever hangs out or does anything off-screen. Nobody knew Bulma had a kid until he was already 8 months old.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

dipwood posted:

Everyone in Dragonball seems to be like that, whenever we see characters that haven't seen each other in a while, it's literally because they haven't seen each other since their last on-screen appearances. Apparently nobody ever hangs out or does anything off-screen. Nobody knew Bulma had a kid until he was already 8 months old.

would you wanna hang out with goku? he might punch you

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Condiv posted:

Considering Goku attracts planet-busting villains like a fly strip attracts flies, bringing an infant near him is probably a bad plan.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Condiv posted:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

dipwood posted:

Well, not entirely true... Yamcha knew.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

to be fair, goku lives on a mountain in the middle of nowhere, krillin lived on an island in the middle of nowhere until recently, and bulma lived in a major city way away from them both. at the very least it makes sense that they didn't visit each other much at the beginning of dbz since that was before everyone could fly around the world in a few seconds (flying faster was even a plot point for krillin and gohan on namek). they didn't know about trunks because they were all training for the androids. the end of z and beginning of super is like 6 months of dead space where apparently goku worked on a farm and never visited anyone, but I'm gonna blame that on chichi

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gohan and Videl did apparently have a wedding, but it's entirely within the realm of possibility that only Piccolo and Mr. Satan showed up.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Funky Valentine posted:

Gohan and Videl did apparently have a wedding, but it's entirely within the realm of possibility that only Piccolo and Mr. Satan showed up.

Come on Goku's not that much of an rear end in a top hat.

Goten is a picture ruining dick tho.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Goku only showed up because he thought it was food.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

seiferguy posted:

So far the only Dragon Ball scene to make me tear up :(
:agreed: and when Future Trunks used his gently caress-off genki dama sword, I had tears of joy.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Kild posted:

Goku only showed up because he thought it wasknew there'd be food.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Jedah posted:

:agreed: and when Future Trunks used his gently caress-off genki dama sword, I had tears of joy.

Future Trunks' farewell is still pretty much the best scene to come out of super.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

sassassin posted:

He cares in his own autistic fashion, like a retarded man crying about the puppy (or woman) he just crushed in his grip, but he's not a great friend to Krillin. They go years without seeing each other, don't know each other's families apart from when Krillin has to step in as primary caregiver to Gohan etc.

Having someone rage out and avenge your death is nice, but I'd prefer that someone be a friend while I'm still alive tbh.

Krillin's best friend is Tacos.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

krillin's best friend and lover is a robot

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The one moment that really got me was when Future Trunks saw Present Gohan and was reminded of why he came back in the first place :smith:

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

seiferguy posted:

Well, not entirely true... Yamcha knew.

Yamcha and Bulma are kind of the only characters in this show who feel like actual residents of the planet they live on, while everybody else is basically inhabiting their own little genre planet regardless of their technical location.

They're probably the only ones who have cellphones.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Yamcha lives in a secret cave in the middle of a desert

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Blaze Dragon posted:

goku's a pretty good friend in general, he's just bad at a lot of other things

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Goku is a swell guy who is willing to put the lives of his friends and family whom he loves on the line if it means he gets a good fight out of it.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Carlosologist posted:

The one moment that really got me was when Future Trunks saw Present Gohan and was reminded of why he came back in the first place :smith:

I'm half asleep at the moment and it took me three tries to not read that as "President Gohan"

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

RaspberryCommie posted:

I'm half asleep at the moment and it took me three tries to not read that as "President Gohan"

Oh please. Are you daft as well as tired? Chichi would NEVER settle for merely 'President' for Gohan.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

it's pretty hard to beat a dog when you're running for king, everyone loves dogs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
goku is a good person and a lovely person at the same time, he has flaws just like all the other people.

also this arc has god drat owned yall. im gonna say that goku jobs near the end of the arc and roshi wins and wants to wish for a nudey magazine but then convince him to wish the other universes back

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm going with "Whis is keeping Trunks on speed dial for when he needs a universe-threatening god killed."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

OB_Juan posted:

I'm going with "Whis is keeping Trunks on speed dial for when he needs a universe-threatening god killed turned into a universe.

• Locked thread