Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Number Ten Cocks posted:

You completely misunderstood my real objections to Castro. Which was my intent, but I'm not a TVIV regular and thought goons were more sophisticated over here. It's always nice when a long shot pays off.

In the books Amos is trolling everyone with the allied psychopath routine and he's actually just a gender studies major who ran from his student loans and picked up spaceship engineering as a hobby while converting his passion for SJW campus politics into casual murder.

fool you revealed yourself as a chump

if you truly were a sophisticated man of the arts you would know that there are no student loans on Earth circa 2350 as one must work for a year to gain work credit for admittance into university

lo, if you can see beyond your curved brow, you knuckledragging imbecile, the hole in your ways and the folly of your smooth brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The Belt is Carthage, Earth is Babylon, and Mars is the Amazons.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Earth is House Lannister, Mars is a Sherlock baddie and the Belt is Jesse Pinkman.

Crush rear end to dust bitch

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Bates posted:

It's really only a problem if it turns out she has no arc and doesn't change.

I dont see why she wouldn't, Amos kinda did or at least is definitely in the process of changing.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Strategic Tea posted:

Earth is the Ministry of Magic, Mars is the New Republic from Star Wars, and the Belt is Diamond Dogs.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Solomon Epstein was the Boss, Earth is Zero, Mars is Big Boss and the Belt is Les Enfants Terribles.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ATP_Power posted:

Solomon Epstein was the Boss, Earth is Zero, Mars is Big Boss and the Belt is Les Enfants Terribles.

no no no no no

Miller was Big Boss and Holden was Ocelot

Fred Johnson was Miller

Miller was Miller

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

But Miller himself?

A cat.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Holden is Johnny Sasaki.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Strategic Tea posted:

Earth is House Lannister, Mars is a Sherlock baddie and the Belt is Jesse Pinkman.

Oh you done did it now! Time to pivot to GOT analogs. Holden is obviously Neddard Stark, Avasarala is Little finger, Amos is the Hound, Miller is Tyrion.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Oh please Avasarala is clearly Tyrion. Miller is Jorah Mormont.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Uh, Miller didn't get friendzoned.

He wore her down with negs like "YOU'RE AN ASTEROID NOW".

Playa.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

the next episode can't come soon enough

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

tooterfish posted:

Playa.

Miller will actually be the 4th actor to play Daaaaaario Naharis.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

404notfound posted:

the next episode can't come soon enough

This is the thread we deserve.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The dragon has three heads: Drummer, Diogo, and Prax.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Platystemon posted:

The dragon has three heads: Drummer, Diogo, and Prax.

But no asses. I think we all know what happened to them.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

tooterfish posted:

Playa.

Miller had a makeout session with a WMD before getting killed

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Jules Pierre Mao is Tywin, Dresdain is Joffrey.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

etalian posted:

Miller had a makeout session with a WMD before getting killed

Dramatic reenactment of Miller's descent into Venus:

(Note: Volume's loud)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcW_Ygs6hm0

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

The worst part about show Ganymede is no snoopy or big red.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

The Belt is Mongolia, Dawes is Genghis Khan, the Protomolecule is the Golden Horde, Mars is Asia and Earth is Eastern Europe.

Also Holden is alright but as the series goes on, it seems the actor who plays him doesn't have the gravitas or credibility to pull it off.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

AirborneNinja posted:

The worst part about show Ganymede is no snoopy or big red.

Snoopy screwed up so hard he got kicked off the show.

Doctor Butts posted:

The Belt is Mongolia, Dawes is Genghis Khan, the Protomolecule is the Golden Horde, Mars is Asia and Earth is Eastern Europe.

Also Holden is alright but as the series goes on, it seems the actor who plays him doesn't have the gravitas or credibility to pull it off.

Actually if my AP world history essays were anything to go by, the Khanate of the Golden Horde was a bunch of noobs, who had a significantly weaker position relative to the other Khanates and got pwned by the samds of time.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I love the hairless cat Miller memes but where do they come from and why do they exist? I want to delve deeper and drink deeply.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Did you not know of the official recap?

https://youtu.be/Ivej0OW7WZk

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bull3964 posted:

Did you not know of the official recat?

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Shbobdb posted:

I love the hairless cat Miller memes but where do they come from and why do they exist? I want to delve deeper and drink deeply.

I did not know this and am glad that it was asked.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

crazypeltast52 posted:

I did not know this and am glad that it was asked.

I am so very glad I asked.

This makes me very happy.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

bull3964 posted:

Did you not know of the official recap?

well this is the best thing i've seen in forever

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
belters are the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riLy07NfSGw

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Earth is George Lucas, Mars is Lucasfilm under Disney, the Belters are people who demand a theatrical cut blu-ray set.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Clumsy real-world analogies aside, I do love how the show/setting is so progressive and post-racial but in the shittiest way imaginable.

You have all these groups where nobody cares what gender, colour, sexuality you are, everybody's pulling together for the goals of their community.

It just happens to be those goals are to gently caress over the neighbouring planet. Humanity hasn't moved past prejudice, it just got bored of it's old ones and replaced them with planetism instead.

The whole show walks this fine line between being darkly cynical and joyously uplifting, and it's brilliant.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Earth is George Lucas, Mars is Lucasfilm under Disney, the Belters are people who demand a theatrical cut blu-ray set.

You know drat well the Belt is Harmy.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
People in Europe used to continuously kill one another, and now some of them are convinced that there has always existed pan European identity in eternal war with the musselmen.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Clumsy real-world analogies aside, I do love how the show/setting is so progressive and post-racial but in the shittiest way imaginable.

You have all these groups where nobody cares what gender, colour, sexuality you are, everybody's pulling together for the goals of their community.

It just happens to be those goals are to gently caress over the neighbouring planet. Humanity hasn't moved past prejudice, it just got bored of it's old ones and replaced them with planetism instead.

The whole show walks this fine line between being darkly cynical and joyously uplifting, and it's brilliant.

Its almost like its exactly like how the Global North fucks with the Global South

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Hey the belters have a way better fighting chance than the third world

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
My roommate tore into belter creole last night. Initially I was defensive, because nerd social fallacies, but I'm pretty sure he's not wrong. He felt like the show was doing a disservice by having it, that the characters sound stupid -- both that the speech sounds asinine and that it makes the characters seem unintelligent. That belter-speak is questionably racially charged, relying on some of the queues of stereotypical African American Vernacular English. And that the series would be more seriously considered if it didn't have to have it's own con-lang, a decidedly pulp-fiction inclusion for annoying con-going fans.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

ZorajitZorajit posted:

My roommate tore into belter creole last night. Initially I was defensive, because nerd social fallacies, but I'm pretty sure he's not wrong. He felt like the show was doing a disservice by having it, that the characters sound stupid -- both that the speech sounds asinine and that it makes the characters seem unintelligent. That belter-speak is questionably racially charged, relying on some of the queues of stereotypical African American Vernacular English.

Queuing behavior is actually not associated with African Americans at all.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

oh boy here we go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

ZorajitZorajit posted:

My roommate tore into belter creole last night. Initially I was defensive, because nerd social fallacies, but I'm pretty sure he's not wrong. He felt like the show was doing a disservice by having it, that the characters sound stupid -- both that the speech sounds asinine and that it makes the characters seem unintelligent. That belter-speak is questionably racially charged, relying on some of the queues of stereotypical African American Vernacular English. And that the series would be more seriously considered if it didn't have to have it's own con-lang, a decidedly pulp-fiction inclusion for annoying con-going fans.

Nah that's all inyaloda kaka feloda.

gohmak fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 15, 2017

• Locked thread