Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Star Platinum posted:

Hey, that seems pretty good.

It is, grats! Shura Gloves are amazing in particular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I got shura gloves, dupe platinum sword and fft healing staff. I now have yet another character to level up now. I already have more than one healer bsb and some other ssb medicas like dreamstage so i'm not ecstatic about this pull but i hear refia is a monster dps when you use her right.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I just got Beatrix's BSB. It's pretty good, so I can't really complain -- it also means I can field a frontline of 3 people with Holy SBs of mass destruction, of TG Cid OSB, Agrias BSB and now her.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 15, 2017

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Dupe Wizard Rod (IX), Zidane's SSB dagger, and Luneth's BSB.

Not bad. That gives me a pretty sick wind team and an enhancement weapon for them, and physical synergy for IX, which was the thing I said I hoped I pulled (specifically one of the six swords, but the dagger is more versatile and only slightly weaker so whatever).

Not quite a power pull, but two things I can put to work for 25 mith is p good.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

U-DO Burger posted:

Because the game has a character named Beowulf in it, and in the epic poem "Beowulf", Wiglaf is Beowulf's successor.

Holy poo poo, dude. I've beaten FFT like four or five times, literally have a degree in English Lit, and never noticed that

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
imperil icons is good

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
drat, lucky draws fail for me again. Just got another dupe Hamelin, so looks like I now have an 8* instrument.

As bad as my luck is on the lucky draws, though, each of those anniversary luckies looks really nice. The curaga one is the worst for me because of dupes, but I'll still pull on it. Still a drat good banner for half price. Really hoping I don't wiff on the enelement one since I could really use more elemental teams. The only ones I really have going so far are Fire and Holy, and even those could use improvements.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cosmic Afro posted:

I just got Beatrix's BSB. It's pretty good, so I can't really complain -- it also means I can field a frontline of 3 people with Holy SBs of mass destruction, of TG Cid OSB, Agrias BSB and now her.

The bad news is that Beatrix BSB is basically Agrias BSB 0.9.

Same imperil effect, same commands, but Beatrix's has an obnoxious penalty if your whole team isn't alive, which makes it awkward for multiplayer. It also means you have to be careful to only use your Sentinel command with whoever you want to actually draw attacks in the cases it matters.

The good news is that imperils stack now so they're not redundant.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Mar 15, 2017

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

wizard on a water slide posted:

Holy poo poo, dude. I've beaten FFT like four or five times, literally have a degree in English Lit, and never noticed that

I think they're even palette swaps of each other in FFT.

Also I'm guessing they kept the name as Wiegraf because naming him Wiglaf might be confusing considering he has seemingly have no connection to Beowulf in the story. Maybe there's a thematic connection, though?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Attestant posted:

:shepface:

I'm just going to start a tally for my anniversary related pulls, because I have a bad feeling about this. 1/11

That's, uh, pretty bad. Condolences.

Randabis posted:

I got shura gloves, dupe platinum sword and fft healing staff. I now have yet another character to level up now. I already have more than one healer bsb and some other ssb medicas like dreamstage so i'm not ecstatic about this pull but i hear refia is a monster dps when you use her right.

Refia with Shura Gloves and Zell's Burning Fist (if you should be so fortunate to get both) is an absolute monster. She rarely leaves my teams now.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
1/11

Steiner's armor.

:(

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

1/11 zidane osb

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
2/11. Ovelia's SSB and Vivi's BSB. I think I'm really set on fire relics now :D

Steiner SSB, Vincent SSB, Balthier SSB and BSB, Locke BSB, Vivi BSB, Sephiroth BSB. Hella fire!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Elephant Ambush posted:

1/11

Steiner's armor.

:(

It's good armor, at least, and an Imperil he can actually use isn't bad to have (Unlike Climhazzard, which is awkward and weird thanks to using the Armor Strike formula for damage).

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

fkc;u that guy made me looks crazy dumb

KataraniSword posted:

The bad news is that Beatrix BSB is basically Agrias BSB 0.9.

Same imperil effect, same commands, but Beatrix's has an obnoxious penalty if your whole team isn't alive, which makes it awkward for multiplayer. It also means you have to be careful to only use your Sentinel command with whoever you want to actually draw attacks in the cases it matters.

The good news is that imperils stack now so they're not redundant.

wait, does the update allowing imperil stacking mean that ones of the same element stack? i thought it just meant that you could weaken enemies to multiple elements at once instead of each new weakness overwriting the previous

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 15, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

fkc;u that guy made me looks crazy dumb

wait, does the update allowing imperil stacking mean that ones of the same element stack? i thought it just meant that you could weaken enemies to multiple elements at once instead of each new weakness overwriting the previous
I'm pretty sure that the exact same imperil will stack with itself, up to 3 times. At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it worked in Japan.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I got Agrias' BSB and also her SSB Shield from the lucky draw. I now have 4 imperil holys.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
1/11 OK gauntlets, just what I wanted/needed :getin:

Is it all that necessary to be stacking a 50% atk buff with a 30/30 buff? I have shout/Minfilia's SSB for one and now OK/Celes BSB for the other.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

acumen posted:

1/11 OK gauntlets, just what I wanted/needed :getin:

Is it all that necessary to be stacking a 50% atk buff with a 30/30 buff? I have shout/Minfilia's SSB for one and now OK/Celes BSB for the other.

necessary? no it's not necessary per se

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Is there a Shout + Regen SB coming any time soon? Basically I want Krile's Sheepsong but for a physical team.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Cowcaster posted:

necessary? no it's not necessary per se

Like I'm currently running TGC/OSB, Firion/BSB, Minfilia/BSB/SSB, OK/BSB, Vanille/BSB. Would I just be better off replacing Minfilia with another DPS like Terra/OSB or Kain/BSB?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
2/11 got a dupe Romandan Pistol and also Vivi's doublecast delay. Ehh.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Pulled on the thingie and got a second Ogre and Delita's BSB.

I don't know a thing about him and at a glance he looks like Celes except worse. Also his name is stupid but I expect that from FFT.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

actually if we've established anything it's that names from fft are actually smart

but yeah he's basically celes but worse

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

actually if we've established anything it's that names from fft are actually smart

So what's smart about Mustadio

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

UHD posted:

So what's smart about Mustadio

half mustard, half dio

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

half mustard, half dio

Well when you put it that way

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

acumen posted:

Like I'm currently running TGC/OSB, Firion/BSB, Minfilia/BSB/SSB, OK/BSB, Vanille/BSB. Would I just be better off replacing Minfilia with another DPS like Terra/OSB or Kain/BSB?

You mean you'd have OK BSB as your only ATK buff? I don't think that will work out well for you. Shout by itself works because it's +50%, but OK being only 30% is a little too light.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Hey, don't feel bad. The fancy Ye Olde Englishe translators didn't catch it either :v:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

JP side news:

New function: Magicite system!

• Magicite is a new item where a great power has been sealed.
  • Magicite is equipped to the party instead of individual members.
  • Magicite equipping will be added to the bottom of the party formation screen
  • Magicite equipping will be divided to "Main" and "Sub" Magicites.
  • Main Magicite is limited to one, while Sub Magicite can be equippped up to 4.
  • Equipping both types of Magicite unlocks the Magicite's effect for the entire party.
  • In battle, you can Magicite Release your Main Magicite, which will enable it to use its Magicite Skill automatically for a certain time alongside your party.
  • Magicite Skills may include attacks, healing and many different effects.
  • Certain Magicite may even unleash Super Magicite Skills when you perform Magicite Release.
  • By entering battles with your Magicite, combining it with another Magicite or using "Arcana" items, it will gain experience points and level up.
  • Levelling up your Magicite can unlock new Magicite effects for it.
  • Levelling up your Magicite will also allow it to trigger more powerful Magicite Skills
  • Magicite can be obtained from the new Magicite Dungeons.

New Dungeon: Magicite Dungeons!
  • In the depths of the Abyss, the Magicite Dungeons have appeared.
  • You can only access the Magicite Dungeons after clearing all the Abyss Dungeons.
  • Supported by the mysterious girl, Tyro bravely enters the Magicite dungeons to investigate them.
  • Defeating the strong enemies that lurk in these dungeons will let you obtain its Magicites. (Only for the first time clear, subsequent clears will drop random Magicites of similar elements)
  • Magicite and Magicite dungeons highly emphasize the power of elements.
  • To challenge the Magicite dungeons a new item Magicite Keystone is required.
  • The Magicite Keystone will be used upon clearing the dungeon.
  • Magicite Keystone will be distributed with a fixed amount daily.
  • Arcana items will drop in the Magicite Dungeons
  • You are not allowed to use Roaming Warriors or Continues in the Magicite Dungeons.

Maintenence Date: 22/03/2017 02:00 - 06:00 JST

(from Discord)

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Whoa, no roaming warriors? That's gonna make things real interesting

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

acumen posted:

It depends on whether you are hitting the softcap.

With +30% ATK from onion and burst mode you need 450 ATK to hit the cap. Characters without a burst will need 540 ATK.
With +50% from Minfilia, +30% from Onion, and +20% from burst you'd only need 300 ATK, 360 without a burst.
Just Minfilia and burst needs 390 ATK.

Chances are you don't need both Minfilia and Onion, but it is unlikely Onion is enough to hit the cap without good realm synergy and a BSB.

Keep in mind that +30% ATK isn't +30% damage. If you aren't soft capped it is actually +60% damage. If you are soft-capped it is closer to a 14% bonus.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

He gets Combat 5 compared to Celes' Black 4/White 4 (with RD)/Combat 3, for what that's worth

Zurai posted:

[*] Supported by the mysterious girl, Tyro bravely enters the Magicite dungeons to investigate them.
New Record Keeper original character?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Didn't the Attack softcap get raised to help it compete with Magic recently?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Nihilarian posted:

New Record Keeper original character?

Yes, that should be Urara (she's on the Episode: Magicite teaser image and is the character you see in the crystal when you beat all the Abysses).

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Didn't the Attack softcap get raised to help it compete with Magic recently?

It was! The softcap is now 700, which is still painfully easy to reach compared to magic. You'd need even less ATK before.

I suppose shout giving +50% ATK while most MAG buffs only giving +30% also helps.

Edit:

The softcap for MAG is 1056. My level 99 Quistis only has 409 MAG if she isn't getting realm synergy. If I stack all of the boosts I have available, BSB, BSB CMD 2, Cid Rains BSB, RW Onion BSB, she gets +154% MAG, which still doesn't hit the softcap and quadruples her damage.

There is no way a physical character could benefit from as many buffs, which is why Mage Meta pulls ahead once you start stacking them. If you don't stack buffs mages won't seem nearly as impressive.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 15, 2017

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Hm, I can manage 450+ attack (+bursts) even with neutral synergy. Might still keep Minfilia anyway since guts is useful and between her, Orlandu, Firion, and OK there's some serious skill coverage.

My mage meta is fairly mediocre otherwise since my only decent damage is Terra's OSB.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

acumen posted:

Hm, I can manage 450+ attack (+bursts) even with neutral synergy. Might still keep Minfilia anyway since guts is useful and between her, Orlandu, Firion, and OK there's some serious skill coverage.

My mage meta is fairly mediocre otherwise since my only decent damage is Terra's OSB.

If you are already softcapped with just the Onion BSB I'd use Minilia's BSB over her SSB. Enholy makes it pretty good.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Zurai posted:

JP side news:

New function: Magicite system!

This game really deserves to be doing better than the gacha hell that is FFBE :|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

U-DO Burger posted:

Whoa, no roaming warriors? That's gonna make things real interesting

Fuuuuuuuck, I have no native wall. And walls seem to not be showing up on banners anymore.

• Locked thread