Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I don't think I deployed her a single time after she upgraded. By that point I couldn't even deploy all the units I wanted to.
why wouldn't you want to deploy salia....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Endorph posted:

ps: if you don't set salia's theme to a magical girl song after she gets her upgrade, you're a monster

If they wanted me to do that they should have made her Ariel mode attack an actual magical girl transformation.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

If they wanted me to do that they should have made her Ariel mode attack an actual magical girl transformation.
i mean there's glowy blue lights and she uses a sword, though i agree they could have made the sayaka miki ref more obvious beyond just her va

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also I just got Jill on a second run. no idea what the requirements are for her. Have a certain number of aced cross ange pilots and take all the cross ange splits?
Anyway,

Jill: Actually really good just because she has foresee and attune for 10 sp each. Feed her concentrate and SP regen and she can just sit around giving everyone alert and bullseye.

EDIT: actually, while I was looking it up, I found this. A list of possible conditions for every secret where they eliminate ones they don't think are there. It's crowdsourced and imperfect but it seems pretty good.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Mar 15, 2017

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

also I just got Jill on a second run. no idea what the requirements are for her. Have a certain number of aced cross ange pilots and take all the cross ange splits?
Anyway,

Jill: Actually really good just because she has foresee and attune for 10 sp each. Feed her concentrate and SP regen and she can just sit around giving everyone alert and bullseye.

EDIT: actually, while I was looking it up, I found this. A list of possible conditions for every secret where they eliminate ones they don't think are there. It's crowdsourced and imperfect but it seems pretty good.

*looks*

Well, Yazan and Jerid's wrong, I didn't take a single UC split.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
In Unicorn I really felt for the Zeon sleeper forces on Earth, waiting for decades with their heavily modified one year war MSs to strike but up against state of the art Jegans and stuff, but in V they're up against Evangelions too, not to mention a still alive and more powerful than ever Jerid and Yazan ready to kick some spacenoid rear end without any of the heroes' feelings about peace between Earth and the colonies. Poor bastards.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Endorph posted:

Anyway,

Pretty sure Eva 13 doesn't require Shinji kill both angels. He only killed the 9th and cutscene killed the 10th when Mightgaine dealt the deathblow.

I didn't realize Crossbone X-2 was even an obtainable unit because I sure missed it!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It might not be, that list is speculating and even points out they're not sure it's obtainable. Some people have said it is but it's the internet, they could be loving with people.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
What do the two purple dots besides Tieria's EV thing mean?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Senerio posted:

What do the two purple dots besides Tieria's EV thing mean?

You "Favorited" them by hitting square on a menu. This means they always appear on the top (Two pits > one pip > zero pip.)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oh ok. Further question: who from SEED is worth using?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Senerio posted:

Oh ok. Further question: who from SEED is worth using?

Answer:

Literally everyone.

More detailed answer:

Kira is an absurdly powerful and strong unit from basically the get-go. Athrun lags a little behind but is still a very good unit. If you deploy Kira you should deploy Athrun for their combo attack together. Shinn is also a good unit but suffers a bit for his best moves and his SEED mode being locked behind a plot event. Lunamaria is the worst of the SEED pilots and isn't worth a deploy slot on her own BUT she has two combo attacks with Shinn so if you're deploying Shinn then it's not a bad idea to deploy Luna if you have space for her. Of the four however Lunamaria should be the first to go if you're running out space.

The Eternal is one of the least combat-capable carriers but it got some buffs for V over the Z series. Lacus is queen of support carriers and if you stick a repair/resupply part on her she'll be a fantastic support unit. The major reasons to deploy it are Lacus's extremely good spell list and the fact that it unlocks Meteor combo attacks for both Kira and Athrun just by being on the map. (The only combo attacks without positioning requirements basically.) In short you deploy Eternal if you're using Kira and Athrun and otherwise it'll probably lose out to Nadesico/Yamato.

Basically the SEED units feed off one another. The more you deploy the more powerful options they have access to. Kira is probably the best single-unit deploy of the lot with Shinn right behind him once Shinn gets SEED and his upgraded finisher.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 15, 2017

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Okay last question; what's the best factory grade 4 upgrade?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

They are never going to make the Impulse's various Silhouette Packs playable again. At least they could give us them as individual attacks, but noooooo

quote:

+10 Will/Focus upon deployment, no question. More damage, faster skill/transformation unlocks, can use your best attacks more quickly. Especially when this game has quite a few things that require 140-170 Will to be activated.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Senerio posted:

+10 Focus is infinitely better than your other choices.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Pureauthor posted:

They are never going to make the Impulse's various Silhouette Packs playable again. At least they could give us them as individual attacks, but noooooo

+10 Will/Focus upon deployment, no question. More damage, faster skill/transformation unlocks, can use your best attacks more quickly. Especially when this game has quite a few things that require 140-170 Will to be activated.

They probably will if they ever bother doing Destiny's plot again.

Which they probably won't.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Senerio posted:

+10 starting Focus is the best skill you can buy in pretty much every game its in because thats 10 closer to your big moves and +10% damage done to enemies right off the bat which means you get the deathball rolling faster. If you ever have trouble with SR points that are do X by turn Y then get +10 starting Focus/Will and they instantly become much easier.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Starting focus upgrade stacks with items/skills and if you play it right, you're just a Spirit cast away from Mazinger Zero in the first turn. Take that, Skill Points!

Seriously, starting Focus is amazing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Should I keep Amuro in the Nu? Just got him

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Senerio posted:

I did, the Nu is really really good. Slap a weapon range booster on him and his funnels can hit things farther away than a batteship weapon.

His Hi-mobility attacks (both of them) do stupid damage as well.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Senerio posted:

Yes. Amuro is a very, very good pilot, and the Nu's best attack is locked to Amuro.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I feel like +1 ExC is more valuable than +10 Focus, because you can't generate ExC without killing enemies and many pilots don't have spirit alternatives to ExActions.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Broken Loose posted:

I feel like +1 ExC is more valuable than +10 Focus, because you can't generate ExC without killing enemies and many pilots don't have spirit alternatives to ExActions.

On a first turn you're getting a lot more out of +10 focus than you are out of +1ExC even with great ace status. You're gaining at minimum a significant damage boost and more than likely access to attacks, transformations or abilities you wouldn't have already. Since the first 2-3 turns are the most important in any SRW having a boost that significant starting out is a lot bigger because, among other things, it means you're more likely to get kills on your first counter-phase too.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Do we know if calling Londo Bell affects any secrets yet?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Senerio posted:

Do we know if calling Londo Bell affects any secrets yet?

If anything not calling them will make it slightly easier to recruit Jerid and Yazan, but recent SRWs have worked on a point accumulation system for secrets which make it possible to get secrets regardless of route, it's just easier depending on which one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

is it just me or is that dude from unicorn a better battleship than bright. it just feels like his crew has a better spirit list and they're both generic and kinda eh battleships combat-wise

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Endorph posted:

is it just me or is that dude from unicorn a better battleship than bright. it just feels like his crew has a better spirit list and they're both generic and kinda eh battleships combat-wise

This is potentially possible, but on the other hand, this battleship captain is Bright loving Noa.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
But on the third hosed up mutant hand, this game has a handful of better battleships.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Endorph posted:

I think they have one more pilot for spirits which puts them over Bright's ship.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The GIG posted:

But on the third hosed up mutant hand, this game has a handful of better battleships.

True, but are any of them captained by Bright Noa?

... Next game needs to let us swap captains and subpilots around. Gimme Shin Dragon as Piloted by Bright, Okita, Tessa, and Ruri.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah the real problem is there's nothing the UC Gundam battleships do better than every single other ship in the game

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
"we need to do battleships good this game. No, not those ones, the actual cool ones"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean in a game where one of the new adds is just a battleship and nothing else, it makes sense

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, Bright and Otto both suffer from the fact that the UC Gundam ships are forced to compete with basically nothing but better ships. If you want support units Eternal and Ptoly Ii are better while still being combat capable, and if you want combat capable carriers you've got frigging Yamato and Nadesico.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I remember the good ole days in which you needed Bright to kill an Angel with the battleship's melee attack to get maximum SP points

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hell if you're in space the de Danann is still a better ship than the Gundam ones. More range and Tessa has Bless.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Blockhouse posted:

hell if you're in space the de Danann is still a better ship than the Gundam ones. More range and Tessa has Bless.

That Cruise Missile attack is surprisingly strong

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

drrockso20 posted:

That Cruise Missile attack is surprisingly strong

It's because when they designed it (and have kept it since) it was balanced for being a strong bonus for a unit with insane restrictions (Water-only!) In Z3/V they gave it the ability to travel in space and never rebalanced it.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

ImpAtom posted:

It's because when they designed it (and have kept it since) it was balanced for being a strong bonus for a unit with insane restrictions (Water-only!) In Z3/V they gave it the ability to travel in space and never rebalanced it.

It's not as much of a restriction but you still can't take it on a lot of maps (depending on route), and in the water ones you basically can't use it for command or supports, which you at least can in space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
I like Bright's Ace Bonus.

• Locked thread