Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Horizon Zero Dawn lets you hack a robot trex but you can't ride it it just sits there, worst game. Can't even gently caress a dinosaur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
But Utnayan, I shill for Amazon as well as BioWare!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Why would amazon design a system to curb fake reviews when they make money selling the products.

Makes you think.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Crabtree posted:

But Utnayan, I shill for Amazon as well as BioWare!

He works at the "Lumberyard". Do you think that 4 hour AWS outage was a coincidence??? flat earth

Edit: Female Ryder presets lookin' like poo poo.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
how did this thread get worse

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Can we stop making fun of the guy that thinks there are bioware shills on somethingawful.com and talk more about how this game looks like poo poo?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fruits of the sea posted:

I hope you are reporting all of these fake trolls. I know the mods love it when we help them out :)

Lowtax is in on it :shepicide:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Nazzadan posted:

Can we stop making fun of the guy that thinks there are bioware shills on somethingawful.com and talk more about how this game looks like poo poo?

it looks great

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm mostly just curious as to what the gently caress happened to him to set him off on this ridiculous crusade.

Trying to get back on topic, it's there a confirmed list of multiplayer classes at launch I can see?

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

Title theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=318QozVlibY

Not really what I expected from Bioware after Trevor Morris delivered a very in-your-face main theme for DAI. I think I like it, feels like it's trying to evoke Vigil a little maybe.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Alan Is More Upset posted:

He works at the "Lumberyard". Do you think that 4 hour AWS outage was a coincidence??? flat earth

Flat empty eyes the lot of them. Why waste the time animating animations outside of the character creator menus when you can save money for other more important things!?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

hopterque posted:

Why would amazon design a system to curb fake reviews when they make money selling the products.

Makes you think.

Gee willy, it sure does.

http://fortune.com/2016/10/27/amazon-lawsuit-fake-reviews/

Do your research. Amazon is fighting this practice with everything they have. And the software development has already begun to continue it. And it WILL be making it's way to get rid of forum shills if Admin wants to use it.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 15, 2017

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I loved the retro feel to the music in ME 1. They've kind of lost it as the series went on.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

Title theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=318QozVlibY

Not really what I expected from Bioware after Trevor Morris delivered a very in-your-face main theme for DAI. I think I like it, feels like it's trying to evoke Vigil a little maybe.

How much cash did you make from posting this?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm still looking forward to this game but I cannot defend these faces they look like poo poo

Maybe the heleus cluster has an environmental condition that gives humans puffy skin

Or maybe it's water retention from 600 years of cryo sleep. Yeah. Yeah that's what I believe

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cowcaster posted:

i can't go to gamestop because i haven't left my computer chair in 30 years

I'm jealous

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

They just look like shiny SWTOR models AAAAH

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Nazzadan posted:

Ok deal. Let's talk about how the game looks like poo poo instead :)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm still looking forward to this game but I cannot defend these faces they look like poo poo

Maybe the heleus cluster has an environmental condition that gives humans puffy skin

Or maybe it's water retention from 600 years of cryo sleep. Yeah. Yeah that's what I believe

the face effect

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

DO IT TO IT posted:

According to my charts, he made 69 cents.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

DO IT TO IT posted:

A ziploc bag full of air Liara's VO breathed.

FunkMonkey posted:

I'm gonna set myself up for doom here and say the facial models look perfectly fine beyond that weird laminated sheen they all have.

^This guy got the big bucks though.

Enigmatic Cakelord fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 15, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm gonna set myself up for doom here and say the facial models look perfectly fine beyond that weird laminated sheen they all have.

Edit: oh yeah, really Scrooge McDucking it over here.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 15, 2017

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

FunkMonkey posted:

Unmoving, yes, but then they start talking with that dead eyed stare.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

All of the stuff I've seen from the character generator so far looks horrible, both male and female characters.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hey guys it's me, Norns, from the secret Bioware marketing cabal!

Are you excited to get fist hosed by a Krogan on March 21st!?

POST YOUR FAVORITE MASS EFFECT MOMENTS!

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Someone said they look like Sims characters and now I can't stop making that comparison in my head.
I want my Ryder to walk around the ship with unlimited credits thanks to the Krogan living in the walls making paintings all day that I sell.

Norns posted:

Hey guys it's me, Norns, from the secret Bioware marketing cabal!

Are you excited to get fist hosed by a Krogan on March 21st!?

POST YOUR FAVORITE MASS EFFECT MOMENTS!

Settle down you are as annoying as he is at this point.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

This looks particularly terrible, worse than a vanilla skyrim face/hair.

EDIT: Also, her eyes are :downs:

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 15, 2017

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

They look so weird and off putting and no wiafu material at all. We're supposed to masturbate to this?

Also Giantbomb seems to be unimpressed http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bombcast-472-weird-looking-space-people/2300-11926/ (They talk about the game starting about 1:03)

I'm expecting a mediocre game now :sigh:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
This might be the first ever Bioware game since they added customizable 3D characters in which I'll pick the default option, holy poo poo this could be straight out of Mass Effect, the first Mass Effect.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Kurtofan posted:

how did this thread get worse

close to release threads are the worst

same thing happened with fallout 4

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Yeah now I think the game will be Ghost Recon Wildlands of mass effect

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

You're a bunch of idiots.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

orcane posted:

This might be the first ever Bioware game since they added customizable 3D characters in which I'll pick the default option, holy poo poo this could be straight out of Mass Effect, the first Mass Effect.

I made some fine-lookin' Inquisitors in Dragon Age, how does this look so many times worse.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

frajaq posted:

close to release threads are the worst

same thing happened with fallout 4

fallout 4 was legit bad tho

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
So when can I make my own Krogan clan to raid planets once we set them up?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Dr. Abysmal posted:

All of the stuff I've seen from the character generator so far looks horrible, both male and female characters.

The thing I do not understand is how they go from getting Miranda spot on with her actor in older ME's, to Jayde Rossi to the ME:A female protagonist being one of the biggest abortions I have ever seen in the industry. The talent that jumped ship must be enormous.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Lt. Danger posted:

I'm not sure you can say "ehrm, I think you mean raygun gothic" and then pretend that you don't care and who even cares about stupid words anyway.

Mass Effect isn't lowbrow either. A major plot arc in the series is about the genocide of an oppressed minority group by the existing political hegemony and the ethics involved in that. There is an extended dialogue with a robot about the differences in psychology between human beings and a culture that can communicate instantly with all members at will. As clumsy at writing as Bioware is, this isn't a text unconcerned with abstract ideas or social issues. Are you sure you know what lowbrow means?

The reason this comes up is that people use "pulp" (or "lowbrow" or whatever) as a tool with which to bludgeon the bits of Mass Effect they don't like. I think if you're gonna pretend to be a critic you should probably learn the words before you try to sing along.

Sovereign isn't a postmodernist, but the idea that the galactic liberal democracy everyone's been hurtling towards has in fact been shaped by the context of history and interstellar geography is. I mean, more than it is pulp anyway.
ME tries vaguely to broach larger conversations about the human (personal, social) implications of technology but all of them are almost spectacular failures. this is either low brow or middle brow or incompetent. much like you're posting. idk which one of these terms is truly adequate someone else can parse the semantics.

the series is good at creating action-adventure set pieces / somewhat longer sequences attached to rudimentary but effective emotional character arcs. it's a lot like a good comic book or sci-fi action movie. which is in fact exactly what it is. no more no less.

i will say (the one exception) that the genophage is actually a somewhat complicated and competently staged ethical/political dramatic story element. but it doesn't have anything to do with concerns particular to sci-fi as such.

Zane fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 15, 2017

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I'm posting here to inform you that the recent post influx has lead to this thread's sentiment rating turning to GOKU NEGATIVE.
As stated in the T&C your Origin access account will be revoked effective immediately.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
teh sky is falling

the guy who didnt like Witcher 3 didnt like me4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

the panacea posted:

I'm posting here to inform you that the recent post influx has lead to this thread's sentiment rating turning to GOKU NEGATIVE.
As stated in the T&C your Origin access account will be revoked effective immediately.

Looks like I made out like a bandit just in time! Sweet, sweet postin penny!