Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Lord Zedd's coming in the next several minutes, Twitch chat should appropriately go loving bonkers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Omnikin posted:

Lord Zedd's coming in the next several minutes, Twitch chat should appropriately go loving bonkers

Looks like Zedd shows up in the episode about to play right now. The chat is, in fact, going bonkers.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They're calling him Moses. So good.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Oh look! The Dairanger mecha! It was really lucky that the Lion had enough black on it that they could just handwave its color.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I love that people in the twitch chat yell JOHN CENA when Tommy plays his flute.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Xelkelvos posted:

Oh look! The Dairanger mecha! It was really lucky that the Lion had enough black on it that they could just handwave its color.

"Hey Zordon, why do I have a black suit and a green zord?"

"I dunno; my tiki head buddy said it was a good idea"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm really curious if they'll show the version of Power Rangers that was made after Samurai that had the pop-up sfx and stuff. Also, the Turbo Movie

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm really curious if they'll show the version of Power Rangers that was made after Samurai that had the pop-up sfx and stuff. Also, the Turbo Movie

I don't think they'll show either of the movies, but I guess there's like a 50/50 chance on the remaster, since it was technically its own season.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I think my favorite chat meme/throughline is how they treat the episode as a Blizzard game in terms of balance. "Tommy OP, nerf Tommy, wtf Tommy banned"

Unrelated, thanks to that blog I linked to earlier, I can't not see all the bits and pieces where they are desperately trying to coherently edit between Zyu2 footage (complete with glimpses of the original Megazord) and post-Zyu Zords.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

deadly_pudding posted:

I don't think they'll show either of the movies, but I guess there's like a 50/50 chance on the remaster, since it was technically its own season.

They gotta show Turbo, it's the goddamn pilot.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

Well Turbo would make sense since it's technically the canonical start to that series, not sure why they'd bother with the remastered version as it's just about half of Season 1 again with pointless sfx added (why is it counted as its own season again?).

I'm also curious whether they'll end Zeo on Good as Gold or A Season to Remember and if they'll start Samurai with the proper first episodes (Origins) or start on the third episode like the series did.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Mar 15, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Watching early PR as a marathon is really reminding me how catchphrase heavy Jason was.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I caught one episode and it was a fish monster that froze all the zords by himself and that's how they got the Thunder zords :psyduck:

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
i don't think they will show the Turbo movie as the rights for that are with Fox and the first episode of Turbo has the montage of the movie.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

jivjov posted:

"Hey Zordon, why do I have a black suit and a green zord?"

"I dunno; my tiki head buddy said it was a good idea"

Smebody on Tumblr made an image of the original ranger suits wearing the white ranger's shield with a power coin style graphic of the Thunderzord beast in the middle where white has his symbol.

They should have done that, if just to give the suits a new look. But they also really wanted to use that Zyu2 footage of fighting a monster whose costume was shipped to America to film more footage. Oh well. And yet they liked the idea of power coin graphics on the chest enough to do them in the movie.

On a side note, man I miss everybody hopping into their cockpits with a one-liner.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 15, 2017

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Honestly rewatching on twitch just makes me realize what a clusterfuck it must have been to edit this show.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Honestly rewatching on twitch just makes me realize what a clusterfuck it must have been to edit this show.
Plus it was in the pre-computer workflow times.

That dumb little cart that Bulk and Skull were jizzing over (High Definition!) probably wasn't too far removed from what they were working with. Maybe add an Amiga in for SFX.

How many episodes are we away from Contract Dispute Replacement Rangers?

And was this guy Trini's supposed to be crushing on being Beta Tested as Replacement Tommy?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I liked Adam the most from the replacements. But yeah the 3 that left were dope and it sucked when they left.

Then it sucked even more when Kimberly left

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Twitchchat is making this magical, but it hasn't topped BobRoss yet.

White ranger soon. :v:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Then it sucked even more when Kimberly left
It sucked that they rehashed the Tommy plotline.

But Kat was an Aussie so that was cool.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I like how Trini seems to have the fewest lines out of the five, and later six, members because I think she still had some of her Viet accent when she talked.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Gonna get real awkward when they get to the ninja season with the ninja civilian suits.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Twitch chat honestly owns so hard for this

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

What do you get when you combine a few guys, a parking lot, and off-the-shelf toys?

The dinozord -> thunderzord summoning scenes:

pr007 by Rick., on Flickr

pr006 by Rick., on Flickr

pr001 by Rick., on Flickr

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Doggles posted:

What do you get when you combine a few guys, a parking lot, and off-the-shelf toys?

The dinozord -> thunderzord summoning scenes:

pr007 by Rick., on Flickr

pr006 by Rick., on Flickr

pr001 by Rick., on Flickr

Oh my god YES

E: EU RANGERS lmaoooo

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 15, 2017

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Twitch chat honestly owns so hard for this

I kinda want Rifftrax to do a chunk or six of the series, now, because of the actually-kinda-funny cracks the chat is pulling out.

E: vvv Iirc, they couldn't even do fight scenes because the costumes were so lovely they'd tear them apart.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 15, 2017

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Good god, those are the worst fake Rangers.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Good god, those are the worst fake Rangers.
Edge Billy is kinda awesome, he looks so 90's even compared to the rest of the show.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Zedd posted:

Edge Billy is kinda awesome, he looks so 90's even compared to the rest of the show.

The characters are fine, I was referring to the condom suits.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I love that Tommy is so dumb he had to send a message back in time to ask to borrow his own watch.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
What even happened to Zack's cousin lmao. I love this stupid show so much.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
And the chat has decided to go apodisfasdfpoqweoignqwpiognpoqwbnienpio in response to Billy's Hollywood Typing.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Unknown Quantity posted:

And the chat has decided to go apodisfasdfpoqweoignqwpiognpoqwbnienpio in response to Billy's Hollywood Typing.

Now everyone is confused (including me) as to what just even happened hahaha

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
WHEN DID TOMMY GET A LASER MACHINE GUN?!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Tommy hides inside a pile of melons so the monster can eat him in his mid-battle snack, what even was this show. :stare:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I love that part of the overall :effort: on the show was that they eventually gave up on trying to make David Yost look like a dumpy nerd. Dude was jacked.

Unknown Quantity posted:

WHEN DID TOMMY GET A LASER MACHINE GUN?!

He's known his powers have been weakening. Dude had to strap up to defend himself.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Insurance premiums in Angel Grove must be the worst.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
God I wish we could get new shows as loving insane as Season 2 was.

Just you know, without the unfortunate loss of half of the cast, and then the loss of the ENTIRE CAST at the end because they had to film a movie, and the lack of monster suits and no budget for a good third of it

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Ya know, it would've ruined a great scene in PriS, but I kinda wish Bulk and Skull knew who the Rangers were, with the Rangers ignorant of the fact that they knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
This Twitch Chat really is a precious gift :allears:

I can't wait to see the massive flipout in the first episode of Dino Thunder.