Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

:snoop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I went to Austria on my honeymoon and since I hate flying I flew straight from Chicago to Vienna before taking a train from Vienna to my grandma's place in Graz. Anyway we took a train from the airport to the main trainstation and there were a poo poo load of refugees there. It was kinda weird for me because it suddenly made the whole thing seem real. Anyway one came up to me and gave me a phone and on the other end a guy spoke to me in fairly bad but understandable German, asking if this was the west trainstation. I told him it was the main trainstation. He thanked me and asked me to hand the phone back.

It kinda makes me wonder if that mystery person on the other end is even still alive, and what he had to sacrifice to send his kids up to Austria - and also learn enough German to have a quick interaction. Anyway that's my story god bless.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/03/14/23-year-old-man-fatally-shot-by-2-napa-police-officers-identified-by-coroner/

quote:

Callers said the man was acting “crazy” or “high,” police said.

Russell crossed Kansas Avenue when officers arrived, and after making contact with Russell the incident escalated and the officers shot and killed Russell.

Investigators learned Russell was attacking people and motorists with a knife before officers arrived, and said he was confrontational with people in the area, police said.

The names of the officers have not been released. The officers were placed on administrative leave, according to police.

My coworkers son got shot and killed. Probably would have been different if it wasn't a black kid.

gently caress everything :(

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
t-swift page RIP powerball also i'mma let you finish posting, but Beyoncé had the greatest shitpost of all time

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Is he wearing two different shoes?
Spicey remains my favorite in this administration.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

less than a full day on the job at Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and already that piece of poo poo Seema Verma is urging states to charge premiums for Medicaid (like she helped Indiana start doing under Pence) and try to tie employment requirements to Medicaid (like she has been helping Kentucky try to do) and otherwise seek waivers from federal Medicaid rules

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...8474_story.html

backstory: Verma helped Pence come up with a way to accept the Medicaid expansion while still being a right-wing rear end in a top hat by getting a waiver to charge recipients in Indiana premiums to be in Medicaid, which in turn made her an in-demand consultant for Republican state governments who wanted the federal Medicaid dollars but still wanted to be assholes. this led to her being appointed to head the program at the federal level

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

so justice dept is charging russian's spys for hacks and poo poo and GOP guys are saying Trump is lying about the wiretapping now

but the rangers just saved Alpha so thats cool

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

fits my needs posted:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2017/03/14/23-year-old-man-fatally-shot-by-2-napa-police-officers-identified-by-coroner/

My coworkers son got shot and killed. Probably would have been different if it wasn't a black kid.

gently caress :sympathy:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

fits my needs posted:

Sorry to hear that, that's terrible.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Does the city care about and pay for each time this giant mechanical dinosaur robot rises from the ocean and causes the docks to explode and leaves a flaming giant monster carcass on them, or?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

that live action trump harem anime was fuckin weird af

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

fits my needs posted:

Tasers were introduced for these type of situations. Instead it's used as a substitute for running after someone because pigs are so god drat fat and useless.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

fits my needs posted:

gently caress the police :mad: :mad: :mad:

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Did he have any known psychiatric issues?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nenonen posted:

(don't the harmless looks of that kid deceive you, that's Don Jr.)

Junior's just confused because instead of giving him an autograph Billy Martin wrote "gently caress U, GEORGE! gently caress U AND ALL YOUR FRIENDS!"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/ForeignPolicy/status/841316172138192896

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

If only there was some alternative person who's party, platform and statements all indicated they would allow state marijuana laws to stay as is with freedom to become even more lax. But alas, emails and they had a vagina.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
In my state that has legalized marijuana, all state-agency sponsored bills related to marijuana have been held up and died before reaching the floor. These state-agency bills are almost always approved with bi-partisan support. Some types of these bills that were killed help protect consumers, protect businesses that are selling recreational and medicinal marijuana, and gives clarification and support to a brand new industry.

All of this is due to Jeff Sessions and how much he hates marijuana.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

baw posted:

isnt the national security presser happening now

did they release the piss tape

https://i.imgur.com/3MnSIqO.gifv

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lol it's a power rangers 'They Live' episode.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
all cops are bastards, it was true in 1989 and it is true today, rip goon co-worker dead child

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

i wonder what ol jack thinks of trump these days

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

tacodaemon posted:

less than a full day on the job at Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and already that piece of poo poo Seema Verma is urging states to charge premiums for Medicaid (like she helped Indiana start doing under Pence) and try to tie employment requirements to Medicaid (like she has been helping Kentucky try to do) and otherwise seek waivers from federal Medicaid rules

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...8474_story.html

backstory: Verma helped Pence come up with a way to accept the Medicaid expansion while still being a right-wing rear end in a top hat by getting a waiver to charge recipients in Indiana premiums to be in Medicaid, which in turn made her an in-demand consultant for Republican state governments who wanted the federal Medicaid dollars but still wanted to be assholes. this led to her being appointed to head the program at the federal level

Wait what the gently caress.

So they take the Medicaid expansion then charge people a premium for doing so, so they are basically just stealing the money that's supposed to go to the poor?

HOW THE gently caress DID HILLKAINE NOT loving BRING THIS OUT WHEN HE WAS PICKED

This is like Cartoonoshly Evil

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This didn't take long at all, after the new head of Medicaid and Medicare was sworn in, what, two days ago?

https://twitter.com/sarahkliff/status/841801860478574592

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

orange sky posted:

I don't know. Not going to pry into that now and does it even loving matter? He had a knife and didn't deserve to be killed. She fostered him though so he probably had a tough life.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

fits my needs posted:

drat sorry dude, that is terrible. :(

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
why is the thred title not BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH??

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

There is a non-insignificant amount of people in this country who will see this and think, "good, just what I voted for!"

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

orange sky posted:

He was probably having a mixed episode tbh. I had one once when I tried Prozac and it was honestly the scariest few days of my life, because you're agitated and have intensely negative thoughts but also the energy to possibly act on it.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

fits my needs posted:

I don't know. Not going to pry into that now and does it even loving matter? He had a knife and didn't deserve to be killed. She fostered him though so he probably had a tough life.

Oh, definitely not. I was just wondering. Sorry.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

So they take the Medicaid expansion then charge people a premium for doing so, so they are basically just stealing the money that's supposed to go to the poor?

HOW THE gently caress DID HILLKAINE NOT loving BRING THIS OUT WHEN HE WAS PICKED

also the letter that Verma and Tom Price sent to states yesterday actually talks poo poo about how bad the Medicaid expansion is as a concept. this is a letter from the administrator and cabinet secretary in charge of Medicaid.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If they make work requirements for Medicaid there is going to be lots of dead people

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

mismatched shoegaze

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

hillary clinton bad yo

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

tacodaemon posted:

also the letter that Verma and Tom Price sent to states yesterday actually talks poo poo about how bad the Medicaid expansion is as a concept. this is a letter from the administrator and cabinet secretary in charge of Medicaid.

I don't understand these people. Why. What do they get out of this, does the misery of the poor really feel so good to them

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

euphronius posted:

If they make work requirements for Medicaid there is going to be lots of dead people

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This entire thread is worth reading:

https://twitter.com/BenjaminZand/status/840680854514991105

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Does anyone have a bullet point or quick breakdown of the AHCA changes? I wanted to pass on a quick summary to someone.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've already been without medical insurance for a year in my shithole medicare-expansion-refusing state, and welcome you all to the poo poo party of death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I don't understand these people. Why. What do they get out of this, does the misery of the poor really feel so good to them

GOP and moneyed people

• Locked thread