Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

So are they just pretending that duck tales remake doesn't exist.

It's literally an NES collection by the same people who did the Legacy Collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lurdiak posted:

So are they just pretending that duck tales remake doesn't exist.

I would have liked those games to all get remade DuckTales style but I am definitely okay with straight ports, as well.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What was that one video game that was a a hacking game? I think it was by the prison architect people. Uplink? I remember it being a pretty good hacking game.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Wario's Woods is a real bad game, I've determined

After playing it for way too long

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

gently caress yeah. These are pretty much all great games too

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Not a Children posted:

Wario's Woods is a real bad game, I've determined

After playing it for way too long

Is that the one where wario drops a bucket on mario's head and you have to guide mario out as a little fairy or whatever

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Is that the one where wario drops a bucket on mario's head and you have to guide mario out as a little fairy or whatever

Nah, that's Mario and Wario.

Wario's Woods is like the last game released on the NES (or one of the last, but it also came out on SNES).

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The DIsney Capcom games were good and fun and I hope they are good ports :toot: (The Magical Quest is the best though, please port that next Capcom tia)

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
It's some dumb bullshit that these NES Disney games are coming to every platform except actual Nintendo systems

Oh well, hopefully we'll get a port announced in the summer or something

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Scrublord Prime posted:

The DIsney Capcom games were good and fun and I hope they are good ports :toot: (The Magical Quest is the best though, please port that next Capcom tia)

Magical Quest, Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, and Goof Troop were some top-tier licensed games. Whoever at Disney setup those contracts was on the ball.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

now all we need is a really awful collection of nickelodeon cartoon games, or perhaps a 2-pack of the SNES Chester Cheetah games

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Give me Donald Duck's Quackshot or go to hell.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Leper Residue posted:

Just Press Play is pretty cool. There's one in york and it's nice going into a game store that is being run by people who actually like games and aren't trying to sell you all sorts of bullshit stuff.

That said Amazon is still cheaper.

Amazon is still cheaper but I'm a weirdo without Amazon Prime and I'd rather give my money to the local folks instead of Amazon.

FirstAidKite posted:

Lancaster seems like it'd at least be a relatively chill place given that my impression of it is that it is largely amish/mennonite territory and they're relatively chill people from what I remember.

I wouldn't mind some guidance though in regards to good places and bad places in lancaster. The divine swine looks like a nice place but the only reason I know of that place is because I think they have a deal going on with the mount hope winery and ren faire where they advertise for each other or something like that. Other than that, I'm not familiar with much of the area around Lancaster other than there being a place called "Intercourse"

Lancaster is being overrun by rich people from NYC, DC, and Philly buying condos in renovated buildings downtown that are marketed as condos for "young adult professionals." I'm a young adult profession, I'm married to a young adult professional, and with our combined young adult professional salaries we couldn't even entertain the idea of moving downtown. It's also been described as a "Little Brooklyn" and "Little Portland" which is making me uneasy. As for the Amish and Mennonites, they're here yea, just respect them, don't take their picture, don't run over their buggies, and it'll be fine.

I haven't been to the Divine Swine, I don't go to Manheim very often. If you travel into Lancaster City and want a fun bar, check out Tellus 360. It's a really cool, chill bar. They have really good food and lots of beers on tap. It's also really neat cross section of every type of person living in the city. Other good bars are: Root (vegan bar, the food rules even if you aren't a vegan) and Characters Pub (gastro pub). Good food places include: Rachel's Creperie, The Sprout/Rice and Noodle (Sprout and R&N have the same menu, R&N is on the outskirts of the city and Sprout is downtown. super excellent Vietnamese, especially their vegetarian soup with tofu and egg noodles), Himalayan Curry and Grill (the best Indian food in town), Souvlaki Boys (the best Greek food in town, esp their Athena wrap + french fries), Aussie and the Fox (Australian restaurant and bar), and if you want to spend a ton of money on a meal make reservations for Citronelle (French). That's a comprehensive list of my favorite places to eat and drink in Lancaster.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

It's some dumb bullshit that these NES Disney games are coming to every platform except actual Nintendo systems

I'm sure they'll release them on the VC for $5 a pop in due time.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

This duck games talk reminded me that I really liked Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow but I played it years ago.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Sega made some great Disney games but they'd have to do their own collection for that poo poo.

In general it kind of sucks that Virgin came and ruined everything with Aladdin. The Genesis Aladdin wasn't bad game and honestly might be one of the most impressive games ever made considering how insanely rushed it was. Still, it's insane success (the second best selling Genesis game) made it so Disney took their games from Capcom and Sega and gave them to Virgin, who never managed to make anything even close to Aladdin again and then they just decided they could make games themselves and they became even worse.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

Give me Donald Duck's Quackshot or go to hell.

I think Quackshot was the first non-linear (even though it was) game I played. Either that or Monsterland anyway.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ohhhhhhhh fuuuuuuck

http://store.steampowered.com/app/393520

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Still no release date though, way to get me excited over nothing :mad:

I remember receiving Noitu Love 2 from a random goon for free and holy moly that game owned

The chalk game was also really good

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dreamt about my dead cat again. Going to be visiting my brother next week and he's got a kitty, so that'll be nice. :unsmith:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My favorite hacking minigame is the Fallout 3/New Vegas system

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

now all we need is a really awful collection of nickelodeon cartoon games, or perhaps a 2-pack of the SNES Chester Cheetah games

I joke among my game dev friends about bringing back "the golden age of advertainment" when they did fully-featured, full-price video games based on brands and products like Cool Spot and Chester Cheetah and poo poo. They laugh but inside I'm only half-joking.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Sakurazuka posted:

I think Quackshot was the first non-linear (even though it was) game I played. Either that or Monsterland anyway.

I never played it and now I feel like I missed out on something.

mutata posted:

I joke among my game dev friends about bringing back "the golden age of advertainment" when they did fully-featured, full-price video games based on brands and products like Cool Spot and Chester Cheetah and poo poo. They laugh but inside I'm only half-joking.

Cool Spot was way more fun than it had any right to be.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

mutata posted:

That Sour Patch Kids game Cody Morty and was supposed to actually be good (it was cheap though). I think the key full price advertisement game (other than serious based on specific cars which I think at least sorta count) I can think of was that weird rear end Skittles GameCube rpg so it's been awhile

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

glam rock hamhock posted:

That Sour Patch Kids game Cody Morty and was supposed to actually be good (it was cheap though). I think the key full price advertisement game (other than serious based on specific cars which I think at least sorta count) I can think of was that weird rear end Skittles GameCube rpg so it's been awhile

I was going to say, the VW New Beetle game on the N64 was surprisingly fun and had pretty decent track design. They put some effort into that drat thing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The golden age of licensed tie-ins basically mean that while a lot of poo poo got made you could have talented developers creating good games that just vaguely happened to be tied to whatever the license was and they'd get funding for it because of the license. Now we're in the era where it's cheaper and more profitable to slap Elsa's face on a match 3 game and call it a day

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I think we should just get to the point of the conversation with where someone points out that Cool Spot was dope.

Cool Spot was dope

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Now we're in the era where it's cheaper and more profitable to slap Elsa's face on a match 3 game and call it a day

That's probably for the best

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ImpAtom posted:

The golden age of licensed tie-ins

edit: hahaha holy poo poo

glam rock hamhock posted:

I think we should just get to the point of the conversation with where someone points out that Cool Spot was dope.

Cool Spot was dope

:coolbert:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mutata posted:

A finger on the monkey's paw curls up, and suddenly you have eighty copies of Sneak King

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The Chex FPS.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Yeah if this was on 3DS I would be very happy but I guess I will have to settle for stationary PS4 gaming :sigh:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

mutata posted:

You mean like Disney Infinity :v:.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Lol is this real?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Palpek posted:

Lol is this real?

That's just the tip of the DOOTberg.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Wildtortilla posted:

Lancaster is being overrun by rich people from NYC, DC, and Philly buying condos in renovated buildings downtown that are marketed as condos for "young adult professionals." I'm a young adult profession, I'm married to a young adult professional, and with our combined young adult professional salaries we couldn't even entertain the idea of moving downtown. It's also been described as a "Little Brooklyn" and "Little Portland" which is making me uneasy. As for the Amish and Mennonites, they're here yea, just respect them, don't take their picture, don't run over their buggies, and it'll be fine.

I haven't been to the Divine Swine, I don't go to Manheim very often. If you travel into Lancaster City and want a fun bar, check out Tellus 360. It's a really cool, chill bar. They have really good food and lots of beers on tap. It's also really neat cross section of every type of person living in the city. Other good bars are: Root (vegan bar, the food rules even if you aren't a vegan) and Characters Pub (gastro pub). Good food places include: Rachel's Creperie, The Sprout/Rice and Noodle (Sprout and R&N have the same menu, R&N is on the outskirts of the city and Sprout is downtown. super excellent Vietnamese, especially their vegetarian soup with tofu and egg noodles), Himalayan Curry and Grill (the best Indian food in town), Souvlaki Boys (the best Greek food in town, esp their Athena wrap + french fries), Aussie and the Fox (Australian restaurant and bar), and if you want to spend a ton of money on a meal make reservations for Citronelle (French). That's a comprehensive list of my favorite places to eat and drink in Lancaster.

Thanks for the advice :) I dunno if we'll end up hitting up a restaurant or not down there since the brewfest already has a bunch of food, but who knows! I can't imagine we'll be down there much longer than the day of the event, though.

Grapplejack posted:

A finger on the monkey's paw curls up, and suddenly you have eighty copies of Sneak King

Sneak King is good

Kai Tave posted:

The Chex FPS.

Chex Quest is also good >:]

I like that treasure's first game was a mcdonald's themed platforming game. It owned, too.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

I like that treasure's first game was a mcdonald's themed platforming game. It owned, too.

Nit picking but their first game was Gunstar Heroes (though the time difference between the releases was just like a couple of weeks).

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

exquisite tea posted:

That's just the tip of the DOOTberg.
Seriously, something like this would drive me nuts. It's like an annoying tic you can't stop noticing and then everybody has it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Palpek posted:

Lol is this real?

:gary:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Would that be MC Kids? Because it is a really great Mario 2 alike and the music is incredible.

• Locked thread