Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

So let me see if I have this right. Maddow gets punked, Trump gets to ride a wave of schadenfreude over a relatively benign 1040, and the very next morning calls this tax release confirmed by the White House fake.

Why can't something smart happen for once?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Office Pig posted:

So let me see if I have this right. Maddow gets punked, Trump gets to ride a wave of schadenfreude over a relatively benign 1040, and the very next morning calls this tax release confirmed by the White House fake.

Why can't something smart happen for once?

Because as Mitt Romney (now better known as Reek) once said.

Donald Trump is not a smart man

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
He's not in prison yet.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Don't forget

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/841967881516679168

And he's gonna do a MAGA rally tonight for some more crazy

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Godholio posted:

He's not in prison yet.

That would be the effect of money and fame. Rather separate from Donald's presence or lack of intelligence.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

is there a particular reason he chose snoop dogg, or why he used the particular phrase 'fired the gun'?

i just wwoke up and unless there's something i've missed, that's a loving bizarre thing to be saying

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Two Finger posted:

is there a particular reason he chose snoop dogg, or why he used the particular phrase 'fired the gun'?

i just wwoke up and unless there's something i've missed, that's a loving bizarre thing to be saying
Snoop Dogg posted a video or picture or something where he fires a gun at s clown wearing a Trump mask.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Two Finger posted:

Snoop fired at a clown named Ron Frump or something dumb like that in a new music video.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

Snoop Dogg posted a video or picture or something where he fires a gun at s clown wearing a Trump mask.

And the gun has a "bang" flag pop out.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I still cant believe Maddow and crew were dumb enough to do literally anything with 11 year old tax returns

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Snoop is great.

His music, not so much, but he's awesome.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

oh ok

so it was just another tiny thing that bruised poor donnie's ego

i was trying to make sense of it and whether motherfuckin snoop dogg had launched an assassination attempt or something hosed up like that

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I still cant believe Maddow and crew were dumb enough to do literally anything with 11 year old tax returns

either they have good reason to believe that there is more to come, or yeah, they really are that stupid

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Does anyone have a running list of celebrities that Trump has picked a fight with?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

The full explanation manages to make it sound even stupider. I really should stop being surprised by this.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Just came back from Chandler, where I enjoyed way too hot weather for my taste. Good to see that, despite the roaring dumpsterfire that is the GOP/Trump's attempt to do anything at all in a coordinated fashion, the democrats opposing him, in government and media, are utterly unable to poo poo their pants.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/SenJohnMcCain/status/841653951627956229

quote:

Trump has an important opportunity to turn the page, seize the initiative and take the fight to our terrorist enemies. To do this, the United States must align ends, ways and means in Afghanistan.

The U.S. objective in Afghanistan is the same now as it was in 2001: to prevent terrorists from using the country’s territory to attack our homeland.

We seek to achieve this objective by supporting Afghan governance and security institutions as they become capable of standing on their own, defending their country and defeating our common terrorist enemies with less U.S. assistance over time.

Doing this successfully requires the right number of people in the right places with the right authorities and the right capabilities. Our assessment, based on our conversations with commanders on the ground, is that a strategy for success will require additional U.S. and coalition forces and more flexible authorities. It will also require sustained support of the Afghan security forces as they develop key capabilities, especially offensive capabilities such as special operations forces and close air support needed to break the stalemate.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
hate to break this to them but we arent ever going to win in afghanistan or iraq or any other shithole we send dudes to go die in

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I enjoy the reactionary and defensive objective

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/AaronMehta/status/842039672528330753

quote:

Sources from the Pentagon say that the move comes after a major clash with Mattis, with one source familiar with the discussions saying “Mattis told the White House either Mira goes, or he walks. They blinked.”

The administration source, a Trump loyalist, denied that and defended Ricardel, saying that the clashes with Mattis should be seen as a “badge of honor," as Ricardel has held the line against "politically unacceptable" candidates.

“Mattis being upset with her has absolutely nothing to do with this,” the source said, adding: “She’s doing that job until she can’t anymore because of her nomination. … Jim Mattis has zero to do with her job prospects.”

quote:

But opposition from Sen. Ted Cruz apparently killed the Patterson nomination. On Tuesday, the Texas Republican told Defense News he was concerned over the fact Patterson, a career State Department official, had served under the Obama administration — setting up the specter that longtime civil servants may be barred wholesale from serving in a Trump administration, regardless of their political leanings.

This whole article is bonkers.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

M_Gargantua posted:

Don't forget

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/841967881516679168

And he's gonna do a MAGA rally tonight for some more crazy

Donnie be trippin yo

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Pesticide20 posted:

You're confusing climate with weather, partner

I wasn't being serious im just salty as gently caress that early spring isn't going to be early and I bet it sticks around 0 until May again.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinger/how-donald-trumps-enemies-fell-for-a-billion-dollar-hoax?utm_term=.qabz5RlWX#.mh9E246rm

We're playing into white house hand

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I can't imagine why Rachel Maddow would put out a wet fart, a couple of seconds of googling says MSNBC and her show specifically are doing fantastic ratings, so it's not like they're hurting for ratings at all. Is this sort of an attempt at death by a thousand paper cuts sort of deal? Where regardless of the inanity of it such as "Trump loves burnt steak with ketchup." "These tax returns don't have anything extremely shady, just kinda scummy." they'll post it in an attempt to turn Trump insane?

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 15, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

KildarX posted:

I can't imagine why Rachel Maddow would put out a wet fart, a couple of seconds of googling says MSNBC and her show specifically are doing fantastic ratings, so it's not like they're hurting for ratings at all. Is this sort of an attempt at death by a thousand paper cuts sort of deal? Where regardless of the inanity of it such as "Trump loves burnt steak with ketchup." "These tax returns don't have anything extremely shady, just kinda scummy." they'll post it in an attempt to turn Trump insane?

if it is that's a really bad sign since this is more or less what fox was trying to do with obama
i'd like to think she wouldn't stoop to those levels, but then this is the year of nothing matters

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

KildarX posted:

Maybe? The whole episode is a bit baffling, given the stakes. To its credit, however, I don't think the steak release managed to earn backlash from Trump, or contradict a WH release in all likelihood organized by Steve Bannon or literally anyone besides Trump.

Edit: of course, this is a man triggered by Snoop Dogg, so don't treat it as too much of an accomplishment.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/kunktation/status/842023055639617537

ACAB

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Maybe she looked at the democrat strategy of squander all ideal opportunities and decided it was working out well for them

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I wasn't being serious im just salty as gently caress that early spring isn't going to be early and I bet it sticks around 0 until May again.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinger/how-donald-trumps-enemies-fell-for-a-billion-dollar-hoax?utm_term=.qabz5RlWX#.mh9E246rm

We're playing into white house hand

I know you weren't. I just enjoy the cowboy that caths

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

It's cause people are getting really dumb when it comes to trying to stick it to trump. No one thinks of the consequences if they're wrong, or if they should wait for supporting evidence. Everyone is trying to be the first with the smoking gun and it's going to backfire so hard

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Wasn't the FBI supposed to announce something today

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
MSNBC is the yin to Fox's yang? Why, I never!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Waroduce posted:

Wasn't the FBI supposed to announce something today

Yep, everyone thought it was going to be Trump/Russia, it turned out to be Russia/Yahoo.

Senator Grassley isn't letting the deputy attorney general come to a vote until he gets an FBI brief, Senator Graham is threatening to subpoena the FBI because they didn't respond to his letter, and lots of rumor mill poo poo about Comey taking the investigation public.

Comey testifies to Congress on Monday either way.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

KildarX posted:

They may have more, or the push may be to use their reaction to this wet fart to force them to release more. In terms of "2005 was so mundane what do you have to hide with the rest?"

Or the double whammy, they do have more to release, but they're gonna give donnie a public chance to release them first.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

It's cause people are getting really dumb when it comes to trying to stick it to trump. No one thinks of the consequences if they're wrong, or if they should wait for supporting evidence. Everyone is trying to be the first with the smoking gun and it's going to backfire so hard

Everyone is redlining their engines doing donuts in the parking lot while the walmart is actually on fire.

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 15, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Short of Trump committing outright tax fraud, what is there to uncover that is going to harm him? Not a single vote is going to be changed based on the contents of his tax returns. The time for that was during the Republican primary.

There is all sorts of heinous poo poo actually being done now but nope, taxes!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I find it surprising how much he paid in taxes. Romney was better! :sad:

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39083799

I want to break this down.

The first guy:
"Trump will make me rich"

Second guy is a coal miner

So understandable he voted for Trump.

'More control over healthcare' - the retiree

"She welcomes Mr Trump's efforts to repeal and replace Obamacare as "extremely important". And while she also supports Mr Trump's tough immigration policies, she sees his push of an alternative system as one of the best things he's done so far."

She will be disappointed. Will still vote Trump in 2020.

the lawyer

Seems to care only about guns...and just guns. Nothing else.

I'm not sure what the Democrat strategy is to reach these people in 2018/2020. I think personally most people who went Trump are a lost cause. I personally believe the Democratic strategy should instead focus on getting people who would normally vote R to be disillusioned and stay home (because they lost their healthcare, still have no jobs, and their life isn't objectively better), while maximizing turn out of everyone else, especially those who lean Democratic.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Comparing his taxes to Obama and Bernie was pretty rich since neither of them are fake billionaires.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Short of Trump committing outright tax fraud, what is there to uncover that is going to harm him? Not a single vote is going to be changed based on the contents of his tax returns. The time for that was during the Republican primary.

There is all sorts of heinous poo poo actually being done now but nope, taxes!

it's pretty clear that she was driving for the russian connection, but they are going to need some pretty solid proof which they sure as gently caress don't have right now

maybe there is something coming, maybe not

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Solaris 2.0 posted:

The first guy:

"She welcomes Mr Trump's efforts to repeal and replace Obamacare as "extremely important". And while she also supports Mr Trump's tough immigration policies, she sees his push of an alternative system as one of the best things he's done so far."

the lawyer

I'm not sure what the Democrat strategy is to reach these people in 2018/2020. I think personally most people who went Trump are a lost cause. I personally believe the Democratic strategy should instead focus on getting people who would normally vote R to be disillusioned and stay home (because they lost their healthcare, still have no jobs, and their life isn't objectively better), while maximizing turn out of everyone else, especially those who lean Democratic.

The problem is the Democrats spent the last 16 years of Democrat presidencies loving their own base and the secret is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Solaris 2.0 posted:

The first guy:

the lawyer

Investor guy is probably a slumlord with an e-trade account.
Coal miner I legitimately feel bad for.
Retiree will probably be dead by 2020.
The lawyer guy lol

• Locked thread