Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Don't play raider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

raider's best stuff involve the pommel strike daze thing into mixups, and he might have the best feint game in my opinion. he is overall solid, but i think the stuff that makes him really good requires a lot of higher level play. he does not get a lot of damage for free, but he has some of the best high level tricks to gently caress players up.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Schneider Inside Her posted:

What's the deal with raider? It seems really hard to punish decent players and also hit decent players. Anyone got tips?

Use distance to your advantage. Don't let people get too close. Punish whiffs.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Play raider, get real good at parries and feints, make shitters mad they're losing to the "worst" character. It's a fun time.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

Livestream was apparently poo poo. Small patch coming this week with unknown minor balance changes and new emotes.

Hope conq gets the walk the dog emote bots use.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

The second hit of the raider's light attack combo has a decent lunge to it, you can catch people off guard with that. Also feints are good, learning to parry and what you can punish with parry is good too.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
2v2 is starting to get awful. People talking poo poo even when they win.

At this point 1v1 is the only thing keeping me and with nier and andromeda dropping soon...

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I might put this game down for a bit. There's just so much bullshit about it and there's so many other good games out right now. I'm hoping Ubisoft gets their poo poo together and in 2-3 months this game picks up, but I don't have high expectations.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I'm starting to get burned out on the game.

The core gameplay is great, but connection problems and gearscore destroying 4v4 is ruining the game for me.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this game is great a+ everyone should buy it and lose to me

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I still haven't gotten a single character to Rep 3 because I play a new one every day. But even when I do I don't think I'll give a poo poo because Ill just blow all my scavenger crates, get like 100 gear score, and then continue to not play 4v4 cause it's a boring buggy mess. Maybe once ranked comes out I'll be more hip on dueling.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

shrugs, i enjoyed it once i got gear. imo they should make elimination and survival gearless and let dominion be the only gear mode, and you can only play once you hit rep 3

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

shrugs, i enjoyed it once i got gear. imo they should make elimination and survival gearless and let dominion be the only gear mode, and you can only play once you hit rep 3

queues would take hours i guess. who knows. core game so fun.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
or they could just remove revenge stats on gear

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I might put this game down for a bit. There's just so much bullshit about it and there's so many other good games out right now. I'm hoping Ubisoft gets their poo poo together and in 2-3 months this game picks up, but I don't have high expectations.

This game will be dead as poo poo in 2-3 months, unless they do some drastic changes (don't count on it). The game is just filled to the brim with poo poo that probably feels "unfair" for the new/average/below average player, which is not how you keep a healthy playerbase.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Double Bill posted:

This game will be dead as poo poo in 2-3 months, unless they do some drastic changes (don't count on it). The game is just filled to the brim with poo poo that probably feels "unfair" for the new/average/below average player, which is not how you keep a healthy playerbase.

counterpoint: the game is such that you want to get good at it which encourages you to play it a lot. It definitely will not be dead in 3 months anyway.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

It'll never be dead, but if they don't change poo poo they'll just have the same 5,000 people playing it forever.

Edit: which actually presents an even larger problem. My highest ranked character is prestige 1(15). Between every character I'm probably like prestige 4 total. Yet in duels and brawls I'm constantly put up against prestige 8/9/10+. Good luck attracting any new players when stepping into duels/brawls get you put up against people with 200 hours on a single character, and 4v4s put you up against people with 200 hours on a single character and maxed out gear.

Yorkshire Pudding fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Mar 15, 2017

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I only really get frustrated facing Warlords, as they are extremely defensive with a fast gapcloser and also a fair bit of health with which to trade uninterruptible heavy attacks and also a pretty good shield push after guardbreak

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I find it amazing how many people get extremely salty if they face someone who doesn't meet their strict code of conduct for 1vs1's or a class that they feel cheap.

I also find it hilarious how the designers seemed to know the sort of people to get salty about unhonorable deaths this game would attract so they made 2 out of 3 of the 1vs1 maps have death pits everywhere.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I also find it hilarious how the designers seemed to know the sort of people to get salty about unhonorable deaths this game would attract so they made 2 out of 3 of the 1vs1 maps have death pits everywhere.

More than anything that's just lovely and makes the match no fun when it comes up, because it devolves into some quickdraw on who's gonna push who first and not tech.

Like the rickety jungle bridge or whatever is just 100% dogshit to ever see because even random heavies from classes will knock someone off. It's boring and doesn't feel any good to win.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

That bridge is so lol.

Play Shugoki. I bat people off ledges unintentionally at least once a game. I can't control my GB R2 and the ridiculous physics just yearn for the death of everyone.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I throw people off cliffs every chance I get. I don't fish for em but it's easy to get a parry and toss em. If they complain in chat I just say "sorry mate I can't hear you down there".

In my opinion several of the classes are balanced around having good throws so if you cut that out you're losing lethality for nothing.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I've noticed it's always assassins bitching about it. You never hear heavies bitching about how bad environmental kills are.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Yeah I don't want NO hazards, I just groan when it's the really dumb areas where it's instakills EVERYWHERE.

Also raider main player saying that.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I'd like more non insta death. More fire, or ice that if you get pushed into you slip or something.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The water fountains are pretty fun as well. Just (fairly severe) damage while they're going, but if you time it just right they're an instakill. My probably favourite moment as Shugoki was batting a guy across one of them, only to have it go off right as he was in midair above it. :allears:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The environmental damage or needing to time it for the kills are actually fun and not terrible to have, fire is a good "oh poo poo" moment that isn't lethal, the geysers act like fire when they are up or will straight up kill someone if you time it perfectly.

The option to fight on top of ice that cracks after awhile would be nice and less instant death pits and magnetized spikes.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Double Bill posted:

I think right now the game is still successful enough that the devs aren't panicking about it but there are legitimate frustrations. So far, the biggest flaws are:

1) Game is still a bit content light - this is the most likely to be addressed and I expect there to be more by year's end.
2) Disconnects - these are frustrating and might be too difficult of an issue for Ubisoft to figure out without a real clear commitment, since it's a gently caress up on the architecture side.
3) Balance - this matters from a 'meta is stale' perspective. I'd rank this lower than the first two issues other than the legitimate complaints on revenge gear score cheese which does need to be solved.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

It'll never be dead, but if they don't change poo poo they'll just have the same 5,000 people playing it forever.

Edit: which actually presents an even larger problem. My highest ranked character is prestige 1(15). Between every character I'm probably like prestige 4 total. Yet in duels and brawls I'm constantly put up against prestige 8/9/10+. Good luck attracting any new players when stepping into duels/brawls get you put up against people with 200 hours on a single character, and 4v4s put you up against people with 200 hours on a single character and maxed out gear.

I've never been matched with anyone in 1v1 higher than prestige 4 I think

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

They must know who I am then. They must see the destruction I bring and flip the "hard mode" switch on for me.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Highest i've ever fought is prestige 11 and i beat him a few rounds. My Warden is my highest prestige at 1.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I saw a 22 earlier.

Shock of shocks, they were terrible and likely got all of that from afk farming.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Yeah, prestige level is a very poor indicator of skill.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

How do these scavenge crates work? Where do I open them?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

How do these scavenge crates work? Where do I open them?

Go to your characters, pick one and it's on that list of stuff like the movelist, there'll be scavenge gear or something like that.

You can buy 3 completely random pieces (One guaranteed to be high level), 3 pieces of armor (Same as before), 3 weapon pieces (Same) and use a crate which is 5 random items (Two pieces guaranteed high level).

Also big note, don't use them before rep 3 though. They'll only give you what your current possible top is, which before 3 means blues, then at 3 or more the highs are always purple.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Mar 15, 2017

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

It might look like you only have one on the scavenge screen but the real total is top left corner.

Been having more success as Raider by using heavies really sparingly. They are so slow and so easily punished but they do so much damage you don't have to do it that often.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

They gotta double the rate you level up. It's too grindy for a game that costs money.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Schneider Inside Her posted:

They gotta double the rate you level up. It's too grindy for a game that costs money.

It's supposed to be, so that you'll buy their F2P-style boosters (in a full price AAA game)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

So have they fixed things yet?
No?
Okeydoke (goes back to playing the 4-5 other vastly more entertaining games recently released).

VVVVVVV haha you think that last one is exclusive to Raider.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Raider pros and cons

+mad axe
-slow axe
+carry foes away buoyed by your strong arms
+will riv u in bitar
+hella skull mask + horns
+pelvic thrust game only matched by conqueror
-get called racial slurs