Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
CJ Prosise' injury must not be recovering as well as they had hoped and Rawls has missed significant time in both of his 2 seasons in the league. PCJS do not tolerate players who can't stay healthy or have recurring injuries. Unger and Okung are prime examples of guys who repeatedly couldn't play full seasons and were unloaded and let walk respectively.

Add much as fans like Rawls and see him as Lynch 2.0, I don't think he's going to pan out in Seattle. Put it this way, if he doesn't make it through a full season next year or prove that he is actually Lynch 2.0, I doubt they resign him for anything more than a minimal contract.

But gently caress me. Eddie Lacy for $5+M? We could sign our entire oline 3 times over for less than that.

One in the Bum fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Our entire backfield is looking like a civil war triage at this rate.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Who cares about Eddie's weight when he can do rad poo poo like this

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Benne posted:

Because all that weight coming down on his knees can and will blow them out is why.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Benne posted:

He barely gets six inches of vertical movement there.

Krycek posted:

CJ Prosise' injury must not be recovering as well as they had hoped and Rawls has missed significant time in both of his 2 seasons in the league. PCJS do not tolerate players who can't stay healthy or have recurring injuries. Unger and Okung are prime examples of guys who repeatedly couldn't play full seasons and were unloaded and let walk respectively.

Add much as fans like Rawls and see him as Lynch 2.0, I don't think he's going to pan out in Seattle. Put it this way, if he doesn't make it through a full season next year or prove that he is actually Lynch 2.0, I doubt they resign him for anything more than a minimal contract.

But gently caress me. Eddie Lacy for $5+M? We could sign our entire oline 3 times over for less than that.

Marshawn had lingering injuries.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Can't wait to bust out all my dusty Carlos Silva is Fat jokes and repurpose them for Eddie Lacy

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Large-shawn.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cardinals saying ellington is going to be a real wide receiver now. cool because dj/ellington/fitz/brown/nelson on the field at once sounds unguardable

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Chichevache posted:

Large-shawn.

Feast-mode is still my favorite.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
The best one:

https://twitter.com/KyleAMadson/status/841698255641616385

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Wonder if we can find that Mariners scout who lost his job after taunting Jesus Montero with an ice cream sandwich during a MiLB game.

Montero went on to lose a ton of weight so it seems to have been successful motivation.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Not sure I see much upside to this deal, but I'm seeing a whole lot of backside.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Yeah, that's great.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Chichevache posted:

Large-shawn.

Marshawn Lunch is my personal fav.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Chichevache posted:

Marshawn had lingering injuries.

True, and I figured someone would point this out, but Lynch got all sorts of special treatment that no one else on the team that isn't named Wilson or Sherman would get.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Vhak lord of hate posted:

Mods please rename me Marshawn Lunch

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Vhak lord of hate posted:

That's pretty good too. Large-shawn Lunch.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

shirts and skins posted:

Wonder if we can find that Mariners scout who lost his job after taunting Jesus Montero with an ice cream sandwich during a MiLB game.

Montero went on to lose a ton of weight so it seems to have been successful motivation.

Then got busted for PEDs

NFC West: AL/NL West Chat

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 14, 2017

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
NFC West: Eddie Lacy so fat...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Every Chinese food truck in the country is relocating to Seattle as we speak

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Benne posted:

Every Chinese food truck in the country is relocating to Seattle Renton as we speak

fixed

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Many died in the Great Seattle Foodtruck War. Historians point to the signing of famed Iron Chef Host Eddie Lacy, whom at the time was playing American Football. The influx of Chinese food trucks upset the delicate balance of power and tentative peace between the entrenched legions of Mexican, Thai, Vietnamese, BBQ, and hot dog trucks. Skirmishes were initially reported to have started due to a contract dispute on the Microsoft campus parking lot. Casualty reports soon rose to the tens of thousands of ruined chicken breasts and pork loins.

A generation was lost,, buried in the napkins and utensil wrappers in those asphalt fields.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
i think eddy lacy will respect seattle culture enough to switch to eating disgusting amounts of teriyaki chicken bowls instead of chinese food

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Teriyaki chicken bowls a Seattle thing?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Maggot Soup posted:

Teriyaki chicken bowls a Seattle thing?

Not like something we're famous for but there are a poo poo load of teriyaki joints here. If the joke is that there is a Starbucks on every corner, next to it would be a teriyaki place. Pho and sushi and Thai joints are getting up there too in the last few years

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bad Moon posted:

Not like something we're famous for but there are a poo poo load of teriyaki joints here. If the joke is that there is a Starbucks on every corner, next to it would be a teriyaki place. Pho and sushi and Thai joints are getting up there too in the last few years

Yeah, you're on the west coast.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

The Rams are moving Greg Robinson to right tackle this year, I guess all your left defensive ends get to pad their sack totals this year :shrug:

There's no way he'll beat out Havenstein for that spot. Maybe he'll battle with Brown/Donnal for the RG position. Or maybe he'll just be out of football.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
God, don't make me wax poetic about missing teriyaki joints again. So good.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The concept of a teriyaki restaurant was invented in Seattle.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Thai places are a west coast thing?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Benny the Snake posted:

Thai places are a west coast thing?

Think they're fairly ubiquitous around the country now. Don't know if that was always the case, but they were still fairly common out there in the '90s.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
You can make your own teriyaki with sugar and soy sauce

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Seattle and San Francisco both have big Asian communities, I'm guessing that's where the teriyaki craze started before white people took it nationwide.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Rachel Belle did a news piece on both teriyaki and pho (separately) for KIRO and it's kind of crazy how far back it goes at how the restaurants got started on the west coast and spread from there. Much like the Seattle dog, the origins of the original are disputed.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

You can make your own teriyaki with sugar and soy sauce

throw some green onions, ginger and garlic in it for some good stuff.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

There's no way he'll beat out Havenstein for that spot. Maybe he'll battle with Brown/Donnal for the RG position. Or maybe he'll just be out of football.

No I don't think he'll even start again, sounds like they are going to see if he can play right tackle and keep him as a swing backup. He's on the last year of his rookie deal so they don't get anything by cutting him this year and if he's a decent backup maybe they can get him to stay on cheap next year as a backup? What a waste of a number 2 pick.

They are doing a good job rebuilding the offensive line this offseason though, I can get excited about a Whitworth-Saffold-Groy/Mangold-Brown-Havenstein line

Maggot Soup
Aug 18, 2005

Another good thing about the NFCW now is with the Rams in LA, travel for all teams will be decent as far as division games go.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

seiferguy posted:

The concept of a teriyaki restaurant was invented in Seattle.

:hf:

http://archive.seattleweekly.com/2007-08-15/food/how-teriyaki-became-seattle-s-own-fast-food-phenomenon/

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I had no idea teriyaki was some magical feast exclusive to seattle. I can't imagine being in a part of the US without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
So if Eddie Lacy was signed by the Rams we'd be talking about taco joints instead?

• Locked thread