Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

That DICK! posted:

Nite Crew: Zeo

zeo was cool their helmets looked like tie fighters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
BBC has an article interviewing republicans on why they still love trump so much. mostly no surprises: 'more money for me!' says the investor; 'i'll keep my job!' says the coal miner; 'GUN RIGHTS!!!' says the gun nut. oh, and the sweet, desperately ill grandmother? she just loves how he's gonna financially break her whole family and leave them to die in a ditch. that's the best thing he's done, she can't thank him enough for it:

quote:

Marilyn De Reggi was diagnosed with stage three colon cancer just a month before her late husband, Aime, had his first stroke. The 76-year-old says her experience of having to "fight hard" for him - while being unwell herself - left her with a low estimation of government-subsidised healthcare. She welcomes Mr Trump's efforts to repeal and replace Obamacare as "extremely important". And while she also supports Mr Trump's tough immigration policies, she sees his push of an alternative system as one of the best things he's done so far.

Mrs De Reggi, a retired musician and teacher who lives just outside Washington DC in Maryland, says the cost of President Obama's signature healthcare plan has left younger members of her family struggling. And although medical costs for her and her late husband were covered by Medicare (a different government-run programme available to elderly patients), this made her "very aware" of the problems with federal involvement. "I encountered the worst of care with my husband and the limitations of government making decisions for you," she says.

The couple went through "a lot of savings" after Aime was denied access to certain sorts of care under Medicare because of his age and condition, she says. Instead they had to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to secure the treatment they wanted. She is now against "the government making medical choices". "I'm interested in a programme gives people a choice and where there aren't committees that decide what happens to you at a certain age," she adds.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

fits my needs posted:

What did you do when OBL was killed?

i threw a party

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

OhFunny posted:

As noted in the article. The Marine forces deployed as artillery support have already come under fire.

1,000 more troops would bring total US forces to about 2,000.

I can't believe how dumb we are with mission creep.

dumb? or smart?

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

quadrophrenic posted:

power rangers was actually about 6 autistic teenagers mutually hallucinating and people just left them to their fantasies

mormonpartyboat posted:

zordon was just a pedophile janitor, and power rangers was written in blood on the walls of the furnace room

https://i.imgur.com/m14ytlX.gifv

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

also great loving job rolling back greenhouse emissions regulations, rear end in a top hat

loving kill yourself

gently caress

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Woof Blitzer posted:

It's morphine time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKTzWy-uZxM

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Apraxin posted:

BBC has an article interviewing republicans on why they still love trump so much. mostly no surprises: 'more money for me!' says the investor; 'i'll keep my job!' says the coal miner; 'GUN RIGHTS!!!' says the gun nut. oh, and the sweet, desperately ill grandmother? she just loves how he's gonna financially break her whole family and leave them to die in a ditch. that's the best thing he's done, she can't thank him enough for it:

huh good thing insurance companies don't do that sort of thing

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

there's zero loving reason anyone should look at this winter season and think "hmm yeah that's totally normal, not having to do at all with the massive amount of carbon we're pumping out on a daily basis"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Baloogan posted:

i threw a party

did you have a moment of silence to thank obama

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i hate (almost) everything

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Good rock from the early-mid 00s:

TV On The Radio - Return To Cookie Mountain
The Postal Service - Give Up
That one song from the mars volta

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

triple sulk posted:

there's zero loving reason anyone should look at this winter season and think "hmm yeah that's totally normal, not having to do at all with the massive amount of carbon we're pumping out on a daily basis"

i have my window closed because its 80 degrees and sunny outside

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Scent of Worf posted:

TV On The Radio - Return To Cookie Mountain
The Postal Service - Give Up

i love tv on the radio

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

did you have a moment of silence to thank obama

i did unironically thank obama

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

2005 was katrina and nothing else

what a forgettable year

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

triple sulk posted:

What if they're incredibly stupid

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Apraxin posted:

They had hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend on care they wanted. I don't give a poo poo about this old bitch lol

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Scent of Worf posted:

Oh yeah Televators? Hell yeah.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Baloogan posted:

i did unironically thank obama

this is where we are as a society, folks

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
This was the year I discovered strippers :patriot:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

triple sulk posted:

i hate (almost) everything

It is very hard to hate hate.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

fits my needs posted:

They had hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend on care they wanted. I don't give a poo poo about this old bitch lol

jokes on her when they put her in a nursing home after she has a stroke and never visit

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXuw2iC5Ino

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

triple sulk posted:

lol if u dont think mother earth is gonna violently reject all human life in the next hundred years

i lqtm when ppl say "we're ruining the earth!!" like um no the earth is gonna make it out the other side just fine but lol humans are toast bc we are dumb animals who power our automobiles with liquefied dinosaur farts

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
Posting on the tax return page

this was a good album from that year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cA3b-PbPE0&hd=1

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

triple sulk posted:

remember a couple of weeks ago when it was like 40 degrees at the north pole, in the middle of winter?

nah, neither do i, nor does anyone else lol

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Philip Rivers posted:

lol if u dont think mother earth is gonna violently reject all human life in the next hundred years

i lqtm when ppl say "we're ruining the earth!!" like um no the earth is gonna make it out the other side just fine but lol humans are toast bc we are dumb animals who power our automobiles with liquefied dinosaur farts

depends on how fast the planet drops the hammer because there's a possibility we could turbofuck the food chain enough to bring it down

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
i remember liking this song back in '04: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTAud5O7Qqk

hell, still sounds pleasant to mine ears

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

MadJackal posted:

The headline is scarier than the reality. This is a smart use of American power. Instead of sending our own ground forces in humvees through village shooting galleries, we're supporting foreign ground troops.

Yeah, when you have an intelligent administration maybe. Vietnam II here we come

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I paid $10 for an account on a comedy webforum in 2005.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Jose posted:

i'm jelly

Hello Jelly, I'm peanut butter

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Inadequate Areolas posted:

I paid $10 for an account on a comedy webforum in 2005.

lmbo this isnt the bad with money tyhreaD!!!!!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Philip Rivers posted:

thats super cool though, also this is like only tangentially related but have u heard camp cope yet? i am very about camp cope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSA1xvK0ws0

thanks for this. i don't hear enough australian bands really. although somebody recently hipped me to a melbourne band called parsnip

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

depends on how fast the planet drops the hammer because there's a possibility we could turbofuck the food chain enough to bring it down

nah. the rock parts of the earth are good, and there's been bigger disasters than humans on the bio bubble. give it a few million years and things will be going fine again.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

quadrophrenic posted:

remember a couple of weeks ago when it was like 40 degrees at the north pole, in the middle of winter?

nah, neither do i, nor does anyone else lol

it was around 70 three weeks ago and it's maybe 20 out right now

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

boy are my arms tired posted:

lmbo this isnt the bad with money tyhreaD!!!!!

:wth:

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://twitter.com/AlexNBCNews/status/842075590249328650

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Shab posted:

Oh yeah Televators? Hell yeah.

Televators good, Roulette Dares better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

tacodaemon posted:

thanks for this. i don't hear enough australian bands really. although somebody recently hipped me to a melbourne band called parsnip

let me tell you about a little band, named angelspit,

• Locked thread