Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Professor SJW posted:

im usually the person saying that. i try to do the opposite of what gbs says to do, tbh, because gbs usually has really bad opinions

still if im watching dunkey the thought that he is a peer of pewdiepie is going to ruin it for me

He is a peer of pewdiepie. Theyre both youtubers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MageMage posted:

The point was, nobody threw an uproar over other reboots. Unnngh Charlie and the Chocolate Factory -- my childhood! Robocop -- My childhood!

This def happened, I distinctly remember all the Johnny Depp hate. Also the Robocop hate, even though that movie was pretty decent for a generic scifi action movie (imo people just hate it so much because it doesn't live up to their nostalgia - first Robocop movies weren't that good either).

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Meme Emulator posted:

Are you seriously suggesting that nobody called the Robocop remake a soulless piece of poo poo? The Robocop remake was a piece of garbage and I dont think there was a lack of people on the internet saying so.

it wasnt the most downvoted trailer on youtube and it didnt have 20,000 4chan threads trashing it

edit: or a bunch of gbs megathreads trashing it

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
altho yeah I guess people were up in arms about that poo poo for some bonkers reason lol

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
uh, if you guys paid attention it would be obvious that Dunkey is animorphing into the new final boss, Trumpler

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
absolute loving evidence that Dunkey and the Leahbee are trying to commit mass genocide on the Pepe race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhgMEwQbHjg

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Professor SJW posted:

it wasnt the most downvoted trailer on youtube and it didnt have 20,000 4chan threads trashing it

edit: or a bunch of gbs megathreads trashing it

I guarantee you Robocop had plenty of 4chan threads trashing it. Nobody cared because there wasnt a Sony Advertising Apparatus behind Robocop stoking the flames of controversy in an attempt to get butts into the seats on opening weekend before word of mouth kills any momentum the movie had going for it.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

if you think the backlash against robocop was as bad as the backlash against ghostbusters 2018, just lol

and i'm talking day 1 first announcement of the female cast meltdown -- long before the trailer even came out

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I hate all the ghostbusters movies.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

WatermelonGun posted:

:psyduck:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Professor SJW posted:

if you think the backlash against robocop was as bad as the backlash against ghostbusters 2018, just lol

and i'm talking day 1 first announcement of the female cast meltdown

You said nobody threw an uproar over Robocop and people absolutely did. Now youre saying "but it wasnt as big as Ghostbusters", but thats not what I was arguing originally.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
So which youtuber is going to follow suit after this?

Also I'm trying to think of a scene from batman vs superman to shove in here but I don't remember any scenes from jars of piss and explosions and MARTHA that may be more appropriate.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

You said nobody threw an uproar over Robocop and people absolutely did. Now youre saying "but it wasnt as big as Ghostbusters", but thats not what I was arguing originally.

i didnt say no one was upset about robocop. i dont think. i said it wasnt a riot like the backlash against ghostbusters.

pg-13 robocop should have made the internet melt down like ghostbusters did, but it didnt

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I sort of find it hard to talk about anything in the entertainment industry just because of the amount of scummy advertising money being pumped into everything. Was the resistance to Ghostbusters real, or was it just an artifact of signal boosting a bunch of rabblerousers who, when they realized they were being paid attention to, got even more loud and obnoxious? Normally id say it was real, but when you have a entire legion of shitheads in suits who employ literal mind control (marketing and advertising) to trick people into watching their piece of poo poo movies suddenly everything gets a lot more complicated.

If you told me that the rabblerousers were being purposefully highlighted in order to create sympathy for the film and the actors in it I wouldnt be suprised. People who work in advertising are liars for pay and will push any narrative that they think will help them.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Putty posted:

absolute loving evidence that Dunkey and the Leahbee are trying to commit mass genocide on the Pepe race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhgMEwQbHjg

thats dunkey??????

Why does he sound like a cool black kid

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

I like Rick moranis

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

KoRMaK posted:

thats dunkey??????

Why does he sound like a cool black kid

Dunkeys a fat white bostonian, idk why everyone thinks hes black

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
10 years ago dunkey and skywilliams fell into a magic fountain at the same time and bumped heads, and they swapped vocal cords

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I'm pretty sure I've heard him use the familiar use of the n-word too on his channel

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Meme Emulator posted:

I sort of find it hard to talk about anything in the entertainment industry just because of the amount of scummy advertising money being pumped into everything. Was the resistance to Ghostbusters real, or was it just an artifact of signal boosting a bunch of rabblerousers who, when they realized they were being paid attention to, got even more loud and obnoxious? Normally id say it was real, but when you have a entire legion of shitheads in suits who employ literal mind control (marketing and advertising) to trick people into watching their piece of poo poo movies suddenly everything gets a lot more complicated.

If you told me that the rabblerousers were being purposefully highlighted in order to create sympathy for the film and the actors in it I wouldnt be suprised. People who work in advertising are liars for pay and will push any narrative that they think will help them.

like i said, the ghostbusters backlash was there :siren:BIGLY:siren: from the start, long before suits had a chance to instigate it or whatever the conspiracy theory is

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Wasn't #IStandWithJonTron a trend from like ages ago?
This Jonathan T. Ronald doesn't quit.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

His loving subreddit is tearing him to shreds

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

also -- back to an earlier point -- who the gently caress makes pg-13 robocop?? WHAT THE gently caress HOLLYWOOD

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Even Bueaty and the Beast is gonna be NC-17

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Blue Train posted:

I like Rick moranis

same

it's a bummer he quit acting, even tho he had a good reason i guess with his wife dying

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I dont care what te debate is about, if its against Destiny I am all for it THAT GAME SUUUUUUUUUUUCKEDDDDDDDDD

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Professor SJW posted:

also -- back to an earlier point -- who the gently caress makes pg-13 robocop?? WHAT THE gently caress HOLLYWOOD

well they made a sick rear end rated R Dredd and no one went to go see it :colbert:

that movie was dope

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Professor SJW posted:

same

it's a bummer he quit acting, even tho he had a good reason i guess with his wife dying

:agreed:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The last dredd movie as good yea

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Nooner posted:

I dont care what te debate is about, if its against Destiny I am all for it THAT GAME SUUUUUUUUUUUCKEDDDDDDDDD

its actually about destiny's child and their song "bootylicious"

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Moridin920 posted:

well they made a sick rear end rated R Dredd and no one went to go see it :colbert:

that movie was dope

gently caress yeah it was :black101: :rock:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Moridin920 posted:

that movie was dope

Dredd was good as heck

sout
Apr 24, 2014

JonTron hated Dredd.
Unless you also hated Dredd, in which case he loved it.
:argh:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Moridin920 posted:

that movie was dope

Yeah it was really good I've seen a it like 3 times and it is still good

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Jamesman posted:

h3h3 are like these youtubers that call out dumb internet poo poo while also being dumb internet poo poo. They're friends with both Pewdiepie and Jontron, and when Pewdiepie was outed for his nazi poo poo, they stepped up to defend him. So I'm just expecting them to do it again for Jon.

And it'll be funny when they do. But in a sad way.

no, i mean like is this satire? None of these youtubers are white supremacists. I'd assume you're just yanking my chain because comedy forum but there are so few comedic embellishments in your post that I'm not entirely sure if you're kidding around or not.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Professor SJW posted:

like i said, the ghostbusters backlash was there :siren:BIGLY:siren: from the start, long before suits had a chance to instigate it or whatever the conspiracy theory is

Oh I dont have a specific conspiracy theory. As in, I dont think Junior Executive A saw low numbers in the trailer that they just cut and immediately got Junior Marketing VPs 1 - 14 to hammer social media and Entertainment tonight with positive stories. Im just saying it would have been trivial for them to do so and they most likely did, since generating good optics is the only reason these people exist.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Professor SJW posted:

Well some shithead actuary crunched the numbers and saw that an R rated movie would be 17% less profitable than a PG-13 movie and everyone is like "Wow we can make 14 million dollars more as long as we meet PG-13!" because these people move forward with the assumption that people will watch whatever poo poo they serve up and the overall quality of the film doesnt matter as long as it meets a few required bullet points like Having An Existing IP People Have Nostalgia For, and The Rating Isnt So High People Cant Bring Thier Kids (and theyre probably right)

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

unpleasantly turgid posted:

no, i mean like is this satire? None of these youtubers are white supremacists. I'd assume you're just yanking my chain because comedy forum but there are so few comedic embellishments in your post that I'm not entirely sure if you're kidding around or not.

There's some mutation of color-blindness going around where people can't visually detect jokes.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Pewdiepie is a poo poo head who does poo poo like dress up like a nazi while screaming "I BET THE MEDIA WILL REPORT ON THIS" and when they do "LOOK I WAS RIGHT THEYRE OUT TO GET ME"

Which is its own brand of stupid but not quite as brazen as the jontron meltdown

I'd pay money to see markplier beat pewdiepie up tho. Don't like his content but he's a solid dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Farg posted:

Pewdiepie is a poo poo head who does poo poo like dress up like a nazi while screaming "I BET THE MEDIA WILL REPORT ON THIS" and when they do "LOOK I WAS RIGHT THEYRE OUT TO GET ME"

Which is its own brand of stupid but not quite as brazen as the jontron meltdown

Pewds is just a dumbass who doesnt seem to understand that if youre going to go the shock jock route for attention you shouldnt be suprised when people are shocked

• Locked thread