Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Farg posted:

Pewdiepie is a poo poo head who does poo poo like dress up like a nazi while screaming "I BET THE MEDIA WILL REPORT ON THIS" and when they do "LOOK I WAS RIGHT THEYRE OUT TO GET ME"

i do defend pewdiepie on the nazi accusations but people are ridiculous for thinking that the Swedish man had any sort of agenda besides get more clickbait views

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Meme Emulator posted:

Pewds is just a dumbass who doesnt seem to understand that if youre going to go the shock jock route for attention you shouldnt be suprised when people are shocked

Im going to admit Im a similar type of dumbass who would go troll in Games forum and then get upset when people would get mad at me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
pretty sure jontron is a legit nazi. i mean, you can't hang out with nazis without being a nazi. it's the law.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Meme Emulator posted:

Well some shithead actuary crunched the numbers and saw that an R rated movie would be 17% less profitable than a PG-13 movie and everyone is like "Wow we can make 14 million dollars more as long as we meet PG-13!" because these people move forward with the assumption that people will watch whatever poo poo they serve up and the overall quality of the film doesnt matter as long as it meets a few required bullet points like Having An Existing IP People Have Nostalgia For, and The Rating Isnt So High People Cant Bring Thier Kids (and theyre probably right)

im glad Deadpool shows R genre films can make money. if hollywood execs learned the right lessons from it, anyway

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Jontron did nothing wrong.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Putty posted:

There's some mutation of color-blindness going around where people can't visually detect jokes.

Saying joke isn't a magic word. If your racist uncle Earl tells a joke it suddenly isn't racist because Earl laughed?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Pewdiepie was just being an idiot.

JonTron on the other hand gave an interview talking about how he feels that the white race is threatened and they must defend their Vaterland against the Muslim/Mexican hordes who are creating ethnic enclaves (like, Little Italy???) meant to break off parts of the country and return them to Mexico and what's so bad about whites defending their racial purity?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I'd like to see the media try to get a slander piece in on iDubbz. I don't like the guy and think he's creepy, but he's been pretty much untouchable as of recent.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

pretty sure jontron is a legit nazi. i mean, you can't hang out with nazis without being a nazi. it's the law.

This but unironically

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

Tru. Promoting antisemitism is a pretty idiotic joke.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Professor SJW posted:

im glad Deadpool shows R genre films can make money. if hollywood execs learned the right lessons from it, anyway

Didnt John Wick do well too?

But yea nostalgia bombs and remakes are always gonna be stuck in PG-13 land

Like, Rogue One was PG-13 even though everyone wouldnt shut up about it being a dark and gritty war film.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

...and the pitch! posted:

Saying joke isn't a magic word. If your racist uncle Earl tells a joke it suddenly isn't racist because Earl laughed?

It's either all okay or none of it's okay.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Arkanomen posted:

It's either all okay or none of it's okay.

Incorrect!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Putty posted:

There's some mutation of color-blindness going around where people can't visually detect jokes.

quote:

They're [whites] are not being killed, they're being displaced. You are the same guy who says that Europeans displaced the native Americans but apparently, when other people do it to white Americans, it's okay because gently caress white people.

Why is it when the Chinese were trying to colonize Tibet, why was that a 'Save Tibet' situation but when it's white people... I'm using an analogy to try to give a parallel situation so you can see the hypocrisy.

jokes

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

The racist uncle Earl.

Like if it was just my crazy uncle Earl with no established track record of racism joking to me about Irish people being drunk bastards I wouldn't think he was racist, more please stop inviting yourself to my house uncle please no.

Pewdiepie: lovely jokes

JonTron: political views

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

What do you call a large number of people from one specific place, coming in, setting up their ethnic enclaves and then waving their own flag inside of our nation? There are large swathes of them who want to break parts of America back into Mexico.

We've gotten rid of discrimination in our western countries. If you don't think we've gotten rid of discrimination, you're living in a fantasy land.
This oppression in America, it doesn't exist.

In historically white countries, it is seen as a moral imperative that whites don't resist their own displacement. If they resist it, they're racist. You can see this in every white country on planet earth. The status quo thinks that the only logical conclusion to the country, to atone for the sins of the white past is to keep letting in people from the third world until white people are a minority.

jokes

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Using the word 'displacement' when talking about a demographic change thats only visible on a generational scale is pretty ballsy.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

I'm sorry, that's the wrong answer. With humor it's either all okay because we are adults able to engage each other, or it's all banned because someone will be offended by literally anything so we err on the side of caution and ban it all.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Blue Train posted:

This but unironically

no I wasn't being ironic, like who would legit hang out with nazis? they're loving annoying.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Meme Emulator posted:

Using the word 'displacement' when talking about a demographic change thats only visible on a generational scale is pretty ballsy.

esp comparing it to Native Americans and Tibet under Chinese rule lmao

real trail of tears situation for us white folk

And either way America is not a 'white' country. Or it isn't necessarily supposed to be anyway.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Uncle Earl stop laughing at your own jokes you're embarrassing me in front of my friends

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Arkanomen posted:

I'm sorry, that's the wrong answer. With humor it's either all okay because we are adults able to engage each other, or it's all banned because someone will be offended by literally anything so we err on the side of caution and ban it all.

None of it is banned. Say all the bigotry you like.

I have my personal line of what is too far and so does everyone else. You spin the bigot wheel you take your chances.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Moridin920 posted:

JonTron on the other hand gave an interview talking about how he feels that the white race is threatened and they must defend their Vaterland against the Muslim/Mexican hordes who are creating ethnic enclaves (like, Little Italy???) meant to break off parts of the country and return them to Mexico and what's so bad about whites defending their racial purity?

There's a funny double standard where somehow culture is so sacred that people can complain about white people eating sushi or getting tattoos and it's the end of the world but when someone complains about groups not assimilating into US culture and having acrimonious views in general to the country at large it's apparently some form of inexcusable racism. Also the double standard where white people aren't allowed to even talk about having their own culture without being accused of some form of fascism unless it's the form of multiculturalism where every culture is good and pure except any of the ones that have to do with white people.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I can't even tell if putty is being serious dude just go back to hosting games of jackbox and mario 64 lets plays or whatever

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

new phone who dis posted:

There's a funny double standard where somehow culture is so sacred that people can complain about white people eating sushi or getting tattoos and it's the end of the world but when someone complains about groups not assimilating into US culture and having acrimonious views in general to the country at large it's apparently some form of inexcusable racism. Also the double standard where white people aren't allowed to even talk about having their own culture without being accused of some form of fascism unless it's the form of multiculturalism where every culture is good and pure except any of the ones that have to do with white people.

I can't get over that you're 37 years old lol

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
picture Porky Pig raping Elmer Fudd

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

You post this and expect people to take the words after it seriously. That's the real joke.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

??????????????

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The problem is you think all groups of people are monolithic monocultures.

Some people complain about white people eating sushi, and tbh that makes them just as loving idiotic as JonTron is being right now. It isn't a double standard, it's only a double standard if you pay attention to the looniest people and think those people represent everyone who disagrees with you.

'Cuz check it out: I think those people are bonkers and I think JonTron is being racist. What double standard then exactly?

quote:

Also the double standard where white people aren't allowed to even talk about having their own culture without being accused of some form of fascism unless it's the form of multiculturalism where every culture is good and pure except any of the ones that have to do with white people.

Like what the gently caress is this even dude the guy is literally saying "white people are being displaced from their own country we must do something about it!" in some modern argument for some Lebensraum. It's not just some innocent comment on what he thinks the country should be like.

quote:

having acrimonious views in general to the country at large it's apparently some form of inexcusable racism.

Saying "America is a white country, whites must remain the majority here" is racist. Like by dictionary definition pretty much.

quote:

when someone complains about groups not assimilating into US culture

Dude he is complaining that they aren't white.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Mar 15, 2017

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

WatermelonGun posted:

I can't get over that you're 37 years old lol

How does that address his comment in anyway shape or form?

Why is this even a thread in GBS when it's gone full D&D?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Jimmy Hats posted:

I can't even tell if putty is being serious dude just go back to hosting games of jackbox and mario 64 lets plays or whatever

I might host some Drawful 2 in the near future, depends on my schedule. Glad people like it when I do that stuff.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Putty posted:

picture Porky Pig raping Elmer Fudd

:mrapig:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Yea but the people who hold these views are in a small minority and the only reason anyone cares about them is because people cant stop looking up the posts of people saying shocking things and reading and reposting them obsessively. After a while you think those are the only sort of people who exist.

Its the helldump effect. Before helldump everyone on SA was a pretty average wierdo. After helldump and after everyone started obsessively reading and hunting for other goons hosed up posts, we all started thinking of each other as a group of irredeemable wierdos. Which, we probably are, but when its all your looking for its all youre gonna see.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Putty posted:

I might host some Drawful 2 in the near future, depends on my schedule. Glad people like it when I do that stuff.

I'd do it myself but last time I had to wait around a lot for the first few people to show up and who has time for that?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Moridin920 posted:

The problem is you think all groups of people are monolithic monocultures.

Some people complain about white people eating sushi, and tbh that makes them just as loving idiotic as JonTron is being right now. It isn't a double standard, it's only a double standard if you pay attention to the looniest people and think those people represent everyone who disagrees with you.

'Cuz check it out: I think those people are bonkers and I think JonTron is being racist. What double standard then exactly?

Like what the gently caress is this even dude the guy is literally saying "white people are being displaced from their own country we must do something about it!" in some modern argument for some Lebensraum.

Saying "America is a white country, whites must remain the majority here" is racist.

This goes back to the topic we were discussing yesterday. Elected US officials are subverting or outright denying the rule of law to create sanctuary cities for people who break the law at the expense of US workers. By the millions. Additionally, the tech industry is up to 40% employing workers from abroad while operating in the US. Americans are 100% being economically and culturally displaced within their own country, whether they are white or not.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Sanctuary cities. H1B panic.

Looks like we got a Breitbart reader here.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
It's not DnD to call someone you said "wealthy black people commit more crimes than poor whites" racist.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Sanctuary cities. H1B panic.

Looks like we got a Breitbart reader here.

Global capitalism that undermines workers rights is not a good thing and the stupid, self-defeating support it gets from IDPOL idiots is sadly predictable,

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

This goes back to the topic we were discussing yesterday. Elected US officials are subverting or outright denying the rule of law to create sanctuary cities for people who break the law at the expense of US workers. By the millions. Additionally, the tech industry is up to 40% employing workers from abroad while operating in the US. Americans are 100% being economically and culturally displaced within their own countries, whether they are white or not.

Well yes, because the wealthy are pushing the idea of "globalism" to the world at large. But they dont really give a gently caress about anything but reducing trade barriers and immigration barriers so they can bring in cheaper labor.

Of course when it comes to any of the things people who are advocates of globalism want like reduced barriers to travel, simpler paths to citizenship, and maybe even the dissolution of borders and the elimination of the concept of states.... not a peep.

The way globalism is being proposed would give us all the downsides and none of the benefits. Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

my sanctuary city is hiding a bunch of tech support workers who also live in delhi

• Locked thread