Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Well I mean rich people probably commit more crimes than poor people period so I don't know why race has to be a qualifier there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Globalism should be America taking over the rest of the world, imo

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Man this thread really took off.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

new phone who dis posted:

This goes back to the topic we were discussing yesterday. Elected US officials are subverting or outright denying the rule of law to create sanctuary cities for people who break the law at the expense of US workers. By the millions. Additionally, the tech industry is up to 40% employing workers from abroad while operating in the US. Americans are 100% being economically and culturally displaced within their own country, whether they are white or not.

Maybe he should have said that then instead of saying "ethnic conclaves trying to break parts of our country away to give back to Mexico" like a crazy person.

Somehow I don't think he was talking about H1B visas though.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Jimmy Hats posted:

I'd do it myself but last time I had to wait around a lot for the first few people to show up and who has time for that?

Start off with 2-3 of your good friends already ready to go so you don't have to wait as long for slots to fill. I also hate to toot my own horn but people subbed to my YouTube channel would join in too so I had two sources of people rather than just SA. Youtube people suck loving rear end though so hiding the lobby password is a good idea.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Meme Emulator posted:

Well yes, because the wealthy are pushing the idea of "globalism" to the world at large. But they dont really give a gently caress about anything but reducing trade barriers and immigration barriers so they can bring in cheaper labor.

Of course when it comes to any of the things people who are advocates of globalism want like reduced barriers to travel, simpler paths to citizenship, and maybe even the dissolution of borders and the elimination of the concept of states.... not a peep.

The way globalism is being proposed would give us all the downsides and none of the benefits. Awesome.

Don't you dare criticize it or some idiot will show up and call you racist.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Jimmy Hats posted:

Well I mean rich people probably commit more crimes than poor people period so I don't know why race has to be a qualifier there

Everyone probably commits equal numbers of crimes. Its just the poor peoples crimes are things like "Stole a six pack of beer and ran from the cops" and the rich persons are "stole 400 million dollars from pension funds".

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Well I have an easy way to avoid that: I dont parrot Trumpian talking points and have my own thoughts about things.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Bareback Werewolf posted:

Man this thread really took off.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I think you're projecting your reasonable opinion onto what JonTron said because you are looking for a way to make him seem reasonable when the easier answer is the dude is just having some weird meltdown bc his gf left him and he can't afford to live in NYC anymore.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Jimmy Hats posted:

ye that's the point. there's no point in saying that unless you want to highlight something bad about black people. which is a pretty racist thing to say.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Moridin920 posted:

Maybe he should have said that then instead of saying "ethnic conclaves trying to break parts of our country away to give back to Mexico" like a crazy person.

You have to look at these folks sometimes with a skeptical eye and sometimes give them the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming the worst. There's a larger discussion happening and although snippets of it can be easily ginned up for outrage, there's an actual point they are making.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

This goes back to the topic we were discussing yesterday. Elected US officials are subverting or outright denying the rule of law to create sanctuary cities for people who break the law at the expense of US workers. By the millions. Additionally, the tech industry is up to 40% employing workers from abroad while operating in the US. Americans are 100% being economically and culturally displaced within their own country, whether they are white or not.

robots are taking the majority of american manufacturing jobs, not brown people

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Everyone probably commits equal numbers of crimes. Its just the poor peoples crimes are things like "Stole a six pack of beer and ran from the cops" and the rich persons are "stole 400 million dollars from pension funds".

When you steal a six pack of beer that's your problem, when you steal 400 million dollars from a pension, that's the workers problem

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Do you have any links to posts where you were directly called a racist?

Like those words "you are a racist" or reasonably close.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Professor SJW posted:

robots are taking the majority of american manufacturing jobs, not brown people

Tech industry fucks us again

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

even outsourced jobs are now being taken by robots. chinese factories are all getting as automated as U.S. factories because robots are finally cheaper than even sweatshop labor

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

You have to look at these folks sometimes with a skeptical eye and sometimes give them the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming the worst. There's a larger discussion happening and although snippets of it can be easily ginned up for outrage, there's an actual point they are making.

When you make statements like "colonized peoples were better off for being colonized" then you lose my benefit of the doubt.

If you can't make a reasoned coherent argument that people need to interpret correctly to understand what your real point is then maybe don't try to push your opinion and just keep making funny video game videos.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Blue Train posted:

Tech industry fucks us again

burn silicon valley to the ground and hang those motherfuckers imo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Putty posted:

picture Porky Pig raping Elmer Fudd

lol

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
It's all "shhhh im getting waped by a pig"

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Moridin920 posted:

dude is just having some weird meltdown bc his gf left him and he can't afford to live in NYC anymore.

Where's some info on this?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

oh noooooo

not my jobs!!! :(

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Professor SJW posted:

burn silicon valley to the ground and hang those motherfuckers imo

It would be cool if they cared about clean drinking water or farming but instead it's all "man I love doing drugs and eating good food but I don't like to drive myself to the whorehouse when I'm done" and bada boom bada bing app city.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I mean he clearly wasn't talking about sanctuary cities, he was talking about neighborhoods flying the Mexican flag where everyone speaks Spanish and all the ads/signs are in Spanish. That much is obvious imo.

And it is absurd to be worried about that when you consider that things like Little Italy have existed for decades with no issues - he says that's because Italians were still white though.

quote:

(On Irish/Italians being discriminated against) Being Irish or people not liking the Irish or Italians doesn't make them not white. It just makes them not liked.

How am I supposed to interpret that? From where I'm sitting it sounds racist as gently caress. It sounds like "well they ended up okay bc they're still white in the end and we're a white country but these new immigrants are not white."

e: Wonder what he'd say about Chinatowns in major cities.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 15, 2017

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
they could probably save a bunch of money by grinding up lovely youtubers into Soylent

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Putty posted:

they could probably save a bunch of money by grinding up lovely youtubers into Soylent

would you be pepperoni or capicola flavored

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Americans are 100% being economically and culturally displaced within their own country, whether they are white or not.

And again maybe he should have just said that instead of focusing so much on the "whites being displaced from their white country" stuff.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

I mean he clearly wasn't talking about sanctuary cities, he was talking about neighborhoods flying the Mexican flag where everyone speaks Spanish and all the ads/signs are in Spanish. That much is obvious imo.

And it is absurd to be worried about that when you consider that things like Little Italy have existed for decades with no issues - he says that's because Italians were still white though.

How am I supposed to interpret that?

From where I'm sitting it sounds racist as gently caress lol.

lol its bcause hes dumb fat turd who plays video games all day

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Tired Moritz posted:

the worst thing is that jontron kept talking about great japan is.

well it is

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

...and the pitch! posted:

It would be cool if they cared about clean drinking water or farming but instead it's all "man I love doing drugs and eating good food but I don't like to drive myself to the whorehouse when I'm done" and bada boom bada bing app city.

pretty soon it'll be bada bing bada boom drone army and police force killing the members of the 99% who dont like starving to death

and with that i brought it back to robocop

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

unpleasantly turgid posted:

no, i mean like is this satire? None of these youtubers are white supremacists. I'd assume you're just yanking my chain because comedy forum but there are so few comedic embellishments in your post that I'm not entirely sure if you're kidding around or not.

I didn't say anyone was a white supremacist, just that they are encouraging white supremacy. Pewpiedie repeatedly doing Nazi-related stuff in videos until someone finally had enough of his poo poo and he had to give a half-assed apology for it is probably just him trying to be an edgelord, but that doesn't mean that people didn't look at that poo poo and eat it up.

JonTron... might actually be a white supremacist though? MAYBE. Even though he's not white, I know. He is making a lot of nationalist comments and speaking ignorantly and negatively about anyone whose skin color is darker than his and how they are a threat to "American" culture. Again, not outright "White Power," but it's the kind of talk that alt-righters loving cream themselves over because it's just moderate enough to be said without needing a hood or shaved head to say it, and then paves the way for more hateful viewpoints. Like that Richard Spencer dude and those other fucks who also say stuff like that and also shout in German and Sieg Heil at rallies but then SWEAR they're not Nazis because they're not explicitly calling for the extermination of anyone they consider inferior.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

They show pride in their heritage but are not white.

On the other hand Chun Li is Chinese.

This is a tough nut.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It was funny that he dropped Japan like "what you think Japan would be cool with Japanese people becoming a smaller demographic???" because Japan is probably one of the most hilariously racist countries on Earth, to the point that they even talk mad poo poo on Japanese people who were born outside of Japan.

Not a good example lmao, esp since there's no mass immigration to Japan going on.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

if americans are 100% displaced where are the americans??

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

It was funny that he dropped Japan like "what you think Japan would be cool with Japanese people becoming a smaller demographic???" because Japan is probably one of the most hilariously racist countries on Earth, to the point that they even talk mad poo poo on Japanese people who were born outside of Japan.

Not a good example lmao, esp since there's no mass immigration to Japan going on.

Utopic in YouTube star JonTron eyes

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Thirsty Girl posted:

if americans are 100% displaced where are the americans??

New Zealand

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

How am I supposed to interpret that? From where I'm sitting it sounds racist as gently caress lol. It sounds like "well they ended up okay bc they're still white in the end and we're a white country but these new immigrants are not white."

Moridin, Jontron can't be racist, he believes the same things as all of these non-racists defending them! I was fooled at first too, reading the racist looking words he wrote and listening to the racist sounding words he said, but many goons who assure me they are not racist said it's actually okay. Thank God, or I would have thought someone acting hella racist turned out to be racist.

Or it might have been racist but it's not his fault because he's stupid and makes good YouTube videos? Anyway, the point is: it's fine.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

would you be pepperoni or capicola flavored

wow way to assume my meat identity, racist. i identify as tuna fish flavor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jamesman posted:

JonTron... might actually be a white supremacist though?
nice detective work there mcgruff

• Locked thread