Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Dear god how did I note notice that Kraven's was a +5/+3, god drat.

Also MFH isn't entirely a terrible idea, +5 Int and some untyped DR...

The loving DEGENERACY of gearing Punisher with +Int stuff though just feels so weird, man.

e: Nick Fury exists apparently.

Chernobyl Peace Prize fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Can't wait for the official forums Nick Fury white skin vs black skin threads.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Unfortunately all of the racist comments are sorta in the "won't call back if their name sounds black" category of racism and not the much more theatrical "klansman at a podium" type. We need to let reddit stew for a little longer.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
That honestly looks more Nick Fury Jr. to me.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Going all out for the Iron fist event, they must have put a lot of effort into this, explains why they didn't have the details up until today.

IRON FIST EVENT
Iron Fist will be getting a 50% XP Bonus throughout the entire event period.
A New Costume themed after the Marvel's Netflix Series will be available.

Also:

ST. PATRICK'S DAY FESTIVITIES
A Global 50% XP Bonus will be applied to all heroes for the entire week along with a bonus to Cosmic Leveling!
Gather 5 Lucky Clover Boost Buffs to get Loot Explosion!
The ARMOR Event has been extended to 3/16 until 5:59AM PST as well.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Fried Sushi posted:

Going all out for the Iron fist event, they must have put a lot of effort into this, explains why they didn't have the details up until today.

IRON FIST EVENT

Also:

A Global 50% XP Bonus will be applied to all heroes for the entire week along with a bonus to Cosmic Leveling!

drat, get hyped

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Jusupov posted:

drat, get hyped

to not login

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Event: A lower XP bonus than the week before it + a new thing to buy. Welcome,

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Event: A lower XP bonus than the week before it + a new thing to buy. Welcome,

To be fair, the XP bonus for this might get turned on, unlike the ARMOR event.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Toshimo posted:

That honestly looks more Nick Fury Jr. to me.

Aside from not looking like Sam Jackson (which they'd never get the rights to do) how could you tell? His face changes from artist to artist since there's no official human model to match like Ultimate (post-Ultimates, since he originally looked nothing like Sam Jackson). This is just a higher detail version of what's already in-game. Jr. mostly wears Cap's old Director of SHIELD costume.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

AzraelNewtype posted:

Aside from not looking like Sam Jackson (which they'd never get the rights to do) how could you tell? His face changes from artist to artist since there's no official human model to match like Ultimate (post-Ultimates, since he originally looked nothing like Sam Jackson). This is just a higher detail version of what's already in-game. Jr. mostly wears Cap's old Director of SHIELD costume.

You may be right. I remembered Ult-Nick's eyes being darker and eye scarring to be more prominent and radial, but apparently neither one of them have a consistent art direction.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

The loving DEGENERACY of gearing Punisher with +Int stuff though just feels so weird, man.

he's the thinking man's shooter

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Wait, punisher is not fighting and durability?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What's durable about a guy in a trenchcoat?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Despite Punisher's renowned ability to survive poo poo such as strapping a land mine to his chest and bear hugging a guy until it goes off, he is actually much more known for being really smart for thinking of things like strapping a land mine to his chest.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Landmines are shaped charges. The force is channeled upwards, or forwards in the case of one strapped to a chest.

Something an intelligent person would know.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Yeah, because the ground was holding it in place and going up into the air is a lot less resistance than going into the earth. In order for a person to do that they would need to be extremely durable or have massive keyboard gut.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It doesn't really matter how it's shaped when what you're channelling it into is a bullet proof superhuman at close range.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

punisher is so smart that he once got surgery to become black and only then realised that racism existed

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

he's the thinking man's shooter

I can't remember who I stole this joke from and now it's bothering me

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

punchymcpunch posted:

punisher is so smart that he once got surgery to become black and only then realised that racism existed

Wasn't that the plot of a C Thomas Howell movie?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gibbering Madness posted:

Wasn't that the plot of a C Thomas Howell movie?

yep but also

http://www.cbr.com/remember-to-forget-that-time-the-punisher-became-a-black-guy/

he becomes luke cages friend because hes black and then he turns white again so they cant be friends anymore because hes not black

CBR posted:

Now that he’s free, the plastic surgery is fully worn off and the Punisher returns…

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
oh, i found it

also this

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
More squirrels than damage in a couple hours.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

More squirrels than damage in a couple hours.

that screenshot is from 2014

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Servers are up, patch notes are out, I was mostly right and water is wet.

The most Gaz way to handle it would be to put out a new skin in conjunction with the Netflix show, then in the same patch nerf or remove that talent + one of the others, + bugfix MoMW, For The Health Of The Game, but do no other tuning to his numbers.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Today's :gaz: moment: people receiving 600 splinters to compensate for the removal of an unusable/duplicate stash tab when Asros had gone on record as saying there would be no compensation for its removal. This probably is an unintended side effect of people receiving compensation (which was meant to happen) for the removal of a different unusable/duplicate stash tab.

I think? gently caress if I know. :iiam:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I had like 4 of those.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

MMAgCh posted:

Today's :gaz: moment: people receiving 600 splinters to compensate for the removal of an unusable/duplicate stash tab when Asros had gone on record as saying there would be no compensation for its removal. This probably is an unintended side effect of people receiving compensation (which was meant to happen) for the removal of a different unusable/duplicate stash tab.

I think? gently caress if I know. :iiam:

SOMEONE OTHER THAN ME GOT FREE SPLINTERS? gently caress THEM BURN THIS PLACE TO THE GROUND!! - OForums posters

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

haha, I hung onto those just in case something retarded happened

Hauki
May 11, 2010

sweet im 99% sure i deleted those

mutantmanifesto
Nov 6, 2004

Wilson: Why don't you buy your canes at a medical supply store like a normal cripple?
House: Fewer bitchin' choices.
So while I sit here and wait to login and work on my cosmic SG-- anybody have any notes on how bad she is now?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Wait what the gently caress do you mean Servers Offline

Is Maintenance happening or

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Maintenance/patch was this morning and it was up for awhile, now it's attempting to fix some rollback/kicks that were just happening because ???

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Maintenance/patch was this morning and it was up for awhile, now it's attempting to fix some rollback/kicks that were just happening because ???

Well ain't this some poo poo. I was all ready to start for the first time.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Servers have been making GBS threads themselves since the patch. :gaz:

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Also last patch. And the one before that. Their database is flaky as hell.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

The database was accidentally set to "read only" this morning and the napkin that the admin password was written on had a shamrock shake spilled onto it.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
They had to do such harsh rollbacks, they happened to rollback their bank account to $0.00. Buy more Gazbuck packs so the servers can come back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fried Sushi posted:

IRON FIST EVENT

Also:

sounds like they're putting in as much effort as the Iron Fist people did in making a good show