Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
for when you got an iPhone, but drat you wanna do those facebook color background text posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I cannot handle how every feature noted is just another way to describe "we taped an android phone to the back of your iphone"

moron izzard fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 14, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

A Yolo Wizard posted:

I cannot handle how every feature noted is just another way to describe "we taped an android phone to the back of your iphone"

edit: lmao unbox therapy got a prototype but doesn't want to release the video

i wonder if they can get their iphone to hangup a call now

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
who's cawring me

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
hello this is dog https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ANnpHnUrc

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

you guys are mole impoltant, stebe has to wait

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

A Yolo Wizard posted:

i'm the ir blaster

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Phone autocorrect is a blemish that turns innocent understandable typos into ????

Texted my wife "tacos for supper!" and instead of an understandable minor typo getting through my phone guess-corrected it to "tacos for purses!"

Even worse, my wife replied "i love it" and no one thought anything was wrong. She was mystified at supper plans, she had thought I had come up with an idea for taco-shaped purses and was being supportive or something

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Ok I see I'm really just making autocorrect sound pretty cool here but I don't like it

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Mister Sinewave posted:

Phone autocorrect is a blemish that turns innocent understandable typos into ????

Texted my wife "tacos for supper!" and instead of an understandable minor typo getting through my phone guess-corrected it to "tacos for purses!"

Even worse, my wife replied "i love it" and no one thought anything was wrong. She was mystified at supper plans, she had thought I had come up with an idea for taco-shaped purses and was being supportive or something

so where is the taco purse kickstarter

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
lol

"cooking is mad easy, just use amazon fresh or doordash"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Mister Sinewave posted:

Ok I see I'm really just making autocorrect sound pretty cool here but I don't like it

When I'm in lazy posting mode I just use my phones Dragon speech recognition thing and it works quite well actually. I'm using it right now trying to get a hilarious typo but even that's not happening

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Sagebrush posted:

When I'm in lazy posting mode I just use my phones Dragon speech recognition thing and it works quite well actually. I'm using it right now trying to get a hilarious typo but even that's not happening

try speaking like a bigger idiot

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm trying real hard but it is not working !

* In for Schmac voice* in the bag stupid baby who talks about them first Dukeshire all the time

ah , there we go

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Mister Sinewave posted:

The alien that lives. I have to say, but I have a ghost and I am already regretting, and I will be able. The only thing that you can get a chance to get it done by the end of December Sky got me thinking of the game is to have to go to tosche station to pick up some hamburger buns.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

speech recognition works great if you learn how to modulate your voice like you're talking to a robot with hearing problems

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

my favorite autocorrect was when my HP touchpad changed "bitcoin" to "buffoon"

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
back no chancel
chancel
mutter plucking pizza chit

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

speech recognition works great if you learn how to modulate your voice because you're talking to a robot with hearing problems

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I am and is filed under the impression that the film is good?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

raccoon natural speed king

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i use the swype keyboard on my phone bc its Dragon voice recognition is at least as good as google's, but it also recognizes non-literal operators like 'new paragraph' and 'quote' 'unquote' and 'asterisk' and even the difference between a parenthesis and a bracket.

no loving clue why google doesn't handle those cases, and of course there is no way to even request a feature, let alone follow up on its implementation

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the swype keyboard is missing the motorcycle emoji though (among others) and that's real depressing to me

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
i'm the hip hop grandmother in that iphone android case kickstarter

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/236253871/run-android-os-on-iphone-5-models-using-our-platfo

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

strong competitor for most worthless right here

is it iandros, Iandros or landros?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

strong competitor for most worthless right here

is it iandros, Iandros or landros?

based on the huge image, iandros

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Endless Mike posted:

based on the huge image, iandros

Only registered members can see post attachments!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
incidentally this is not their first kickstarter

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
ian dros, esq.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
im always stunned at the sheer volume of analysis around these things

you'll lose donations with over 4 minutes of video, but here's a million words about videos

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1412226584/concealed-carry-awareness-bracelet?ref=newest

when you want to let everyone know that youre carrying a concealed weapon

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Jabor posted:

ian dros, esq.

i am dross

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

ian dross

aka statpedia

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

JawnV6 posted:

im always stunned at the sheer volume of analysis around these things

you'll lose donations with over 4 minutes of video, but here's a million words about videos

i'm the 100% success rate for zen video kickstarters

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Pakled posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1412226584/concealed-carry-awareness-bracelet?ref=newest

i do promotional merchandise and $10,000 would get you like a billion of those, especially if you had them made in china.

he'd probably be better off buying like 1000 for 15 cents each and selling them for $4.99

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i do promotional merchandise and $10,000 would get you like a billion of those, especially if you had them made in china.

he'd probably be better off buying like 1000 for 15 cents each and selling them for $4.99
yeah even relatively high end results on alibaba are 8.5 cents apiece

the first pledge would cover the entire KS cogs

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Sweevo posted:

ian dross

aka statpedia

take ur meds ian!!!

toadoftoadhall
Feb 27, 2015

who is this clown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Pakled posted:

lol even that lovely inventhelp company that advertises on cable at 4am won't return his calls

• Locked thread