Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rhyno posted:

Speaking of, does MU do any one month free trials?

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/841695431100891142

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

well even if she's a villain again she's okay with punching nazis which at least makes her a better person than nick spencer

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Blockhouse posted:

well even if she's a villain again she's okay with punching nazis which at least makes her a better person than nick spencer

I'd rather have Red Skull Doom and Magneto than Bannon, Spencer and Trump.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Blockhouse posted:

Who is that? Emma?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Blockhouse posted:

Who is the smug face?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Mr Hootington posted:

Who is the smug face?

Well it's not Stan Lee!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Mr Hootington posted:

Who is the smug face?

Captain Nazi.

Er, I mean Hydra Steve Rogers, not the supervillain of the same name.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

pubic works project posted:

Who is that? Emma?

Yeah, that's what she was wearing at the end of IvX.

She also had a Magneto-esque helmet with Cyclops' X visor design on it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, that's what she was wearing at the end of IvX.

She also had a Magneto-esque helmet with Cyclops' X visor design on it.

Yeah that's why it threw me for a second. I connected her new outfit with the Magneto/Cyclops helmet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think the studs were more spiky too.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Aphrodite posted:

I think the studs were more spiky too.

I wonder if it's just this artist's rendition or if the official character design was walked back to be a little less... Judas Priest.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

PaybackJack posted:

Reminded me of reading Starbrand and Nightmask in that being school kids was not the story I wanted these characters to be having.

...I actually liked that mini, it lets them be shelved but ready to be picked up to be killed off when needed.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well, it goes back to her bondage roots.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Schneider Heim posted:

...I actually liked that mini, it lets them be shelved but ready to be picked up to be killed off when needed.

It just felt kind of desperate to me. "Welp can't think of anything to do with these guys so they're off to school!"

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I know there's some dumb secondary-mutation thing for her turning into a diamond but when did she become an elf?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
The stakes in Ms Marvel are kinda uneven.
"You have to betray your friends at SHIELD and upload this super complex virus onto their database, effectively compromising the security of the whole internet. If you don't do it, I will force your classmate to come out of the closet!"
This isn't even some stupid threat which she immediately refuses. She's right there in the triscelion, virus in hand, before she decides that caving in to this blackmail might not be the best idea. I get that she is a emotional teenager who is usually way over her head, but she's awful at seeing the bigger picture.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

cant cook creole bream posted:

"You have to betray your friends at SHIELD and upload this super complex virus onto their database, effectively compromising the security of the whole internet. If you don't do it, I will force your classmate to come out of the closet!"
This isn't even some stupid threat which she immediately refuses. She's right there in the triscelion, virus in hand, before she decides that caving in to this blackmail might not be the best idea. I get that she is a emotional teenager who is usually way over her head, but she's awful at seeing the bigger picture.

How many teenagers do you know that aren't awful at seeing the bigger picture?

Like, in the universe?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

It's not just Zoe at risk. It's also Kamala and her secret identity, which in turn endangers her family and the tight-knit Muslim community they're a part of.

Kamala's been an Avenger for just long enough that somebody would probably take a good hard revenge swing at her.

Of course, comic fans being who they are, if Wilson had really wanted to indicate how high the stakes are, she could've just had the bad guy threaten SKYSHARK.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

I didn't mind that as much, but this whole arc hasn't really done much for me. It might be that it's trying too hard to make the real world point about cyber bullying work. I think the last issue I really liked was when she went to Pakistan. I miss when the series had things like a giant cockatiel with the mind of Thomas Edison.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I have to say the format of today's USAvengers was genius. All the mini comics complete with their own covers. I loved it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Good to see Bendis managed to break up Angela and Sera in the most loving insane stupid way before he leaves GOTG

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Blockhouse posted:

Good to see Bendis managed to break up Angela and Sera in the most loving insane stupid way before he leaves GOTG

A poorly done comic book breakup?? say it isn't so!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I finished Inhumans vs. X-Men. I didn't think Marvel could top Civil War II's levels of terrible political rhetoric and bad plot beats but boy howdy, they did it.

:smithcloud:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

So which one will be paired with Luke Cage and/or Kitty Pryde next month?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Blockhouse posted:

Well it's both nonsensical and out of character so it fulfills the requirements for a bendis assassination

I'm sure Marguerite Bennett is loving thrilled about it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
On his tumblr he implied that it's set up for someone else's book which on one hand yay another Angela book but on the other hand

1. It's a really dumb out -of-character set up that could have been done in so many different ways

2. gently caress having another Angela book based around her looking for Sera we literally just did that

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
X-Men: Blue preview looking pretty fun!

(how many big events until hosed)

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Shocking return of a fan favorite X-Men character? Who could it be? Elixir? Surge? Morph from Exiles? Forget-Me-Not? Someone from Hope's 5 lights who have all been mysteriously unseen for ages with the exception of Idie?

Edit: No, wait, nevermind, forgot Elixir came back to life in Uncanny.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Just popping in to say that I really love the artwork in Gerber's Man-Thing. Man-Thing himself is detailed in such a cool looking way.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

KaosMachina posted:

Shocking return of a fan favorite X-Men character? Who could it be? Elixir? Surge? Morph from Exiles? Forget-Me-Not? Someone from Hope's 5 lights who have all been mysteriously unseen for ages with the exception of Idie?

Maggot, it will be Maggot.

Also Shocker and Star-Lord pairing up was fantastic. Some good Spider-man facial expressions on Shocker too.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ghost Rider reportedly cancelled at #5 after #6 has been solicited.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/16/marvel-comics-cancel-ghost-rider-early-next-issue-5-will-last/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lame but not entirely surprising. Making him the third wheel in his own book was a mistake

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Not shocking. And before anyone points out how well #1 sold, that issue had a 100% overship.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

KaosMachina posted:

Blink from aoa

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Regular Wolverine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rick posted:

Regular Wolverine.

It was rumored that either he or Prof X were coming back in RessureXtion but they sort of quit using that as a banner for the X-Men relaunch.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wasn't there something about Uncanny Avengers about them getting Xaviers brain out of Red Skulls head?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Wasn't there something about Uncanny Avengers about them getting Xaviers brain out of Red Skulls head?

Well the latest issue ends with Rogue taking an unconscious Red Skull to Beast for him to do brain surgery so maybe? But that wouldn't really bring Xavier back to life...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I honestly forgot there was a Ghost Rider book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

:(

Not too surprised, the book was shockingly light on Robbie and the setup for the team-up was taking way too long, but gently caress this sucks.

I blame AoS for not keeping Ghost Rider for the whole season.

Man, i'll need to lay down when they confirm Silk is cancelled next week...

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 17, 2017

• Locked thread