Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cowcaster posted:

utanyan's whole schtick is popping into threads about stuff he has no personal investment in and throwing around negative press to rile up the natives so pay him no mind

it is different from my schtick which is popping into threads about stuff which i have morbid curiosity in and throwing around negative press to rile up the natives

I think he is good. NOT LIKE THIS PIECE OF poo poo GAME!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Darth Windu posted:

Condolences that your personal happiness depends on an entertainment product

weird thing to say

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Peebee, from everything I've seen, is an improved Sera. Same kinda character but they dialed it back some. That being said she at least has a personality. I watched the initial meet and greets with all the companions couldn't really tell you anything about what kind of characters they are. Except that Drack is a Krogan and is exactly like a Krogan.

The whole LOLsorandom part of Sera was tolerable, if obnoxious. It was the utterly irrational, self-destructive anarchist shtick that killed it for me. Sera is the only character in any RPG I have deliberately booted from the group, and I don't regret it. Not even Anders crossed that line.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 15, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

i dole out my precious ability to feel joy only in the most extreme and worthwhile situations. you neurotypicals and your "entertainment" baffle me, frankly

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Ainsley McTree posted:

im gonna be bummed if this game turns out to genuinely not be good
same, but I'm still gonna play the poo poo out of it the multiplayer regardless

FunkMonkey posted:

You're just saying that because Asari are pretty much elves, Sera is fresh in our minds and PeeBee resembles her. Let's see if that ends up being vindicated!
yeah this is my exact thought, I did get the lolrandom vibes from her from all the trailers though

Asari could have been way more interesting if Bioware had actually done anything with their gender (identity, roles, etc.) rather than just making them all women

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Peebee, from everything I've seen, is an improved Sera. Same kinda character but they dialed it back some. That being said she at least has a personality. I watched the initial meet and greets with all the companions couldn't really tell you anything about what kind of characters they are. Except that Drack is a Krogan and is exactly like a Krogan.

yeah same. they took sera and made her not retarded and understandable and toned down the weadon bullshit and made her not elf milo and completely poo poo. peebee seems to be the hyper adventurer type.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pulling pranks on the team with Sera was fun. I hope I can pull pranks in this game too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FunkMonkey posted:

The whole LOLsorandom part of Sera was tolerable, if obnoxious. It was the utterly irrational, self-destructive anarchist shtick that killed it for me. Sera is the only character in any RPG I have deliberately booted from the group, and I don't regret it.

yeah. she talked on and on about the fight and all that poo poo but she never had a real opinion on anything cept gently caress elves and mages.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

I think he is good. NOT LIKE THIS PIECE OF poo poo GAME!!!

The odds of this game being bad are about as good as Utnayan being mentally ill; extremely high

cams
Mar 28, 2003

euthanize all gamers.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

FunkMonkey posted:

You're just saying that because Asari are pretty much elves, Sera is fresh in our minds and PeeBee resembles her. Let's see if that ends up being vindicated!

I never got into Dragon Age much so I didn't even know who Sera was until I googled her.

I dunno, the Asari in the first 3 games weren't all that interesting. I always loved the Krogan, Salarians, Turians, Geth... I kind of wish there was a little more variation in the aliens and more 'alien' aliens. Too many bipedal, bimanual races and not enough like the Hanar, or the Rachni, and the like. But that's more of a general gripe about sci-fi as a whole, too many humanoid aliens.

khy fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 15, 2017

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

khy posted:

Too many bipedal, bimanual races and not enough like the Hanar, or the Rachni, and the like.

:same:

They had a cool opportunity to do that here, but what we've seen so far it looks like they instead went "what if we just made the bipedal races look weirder"

I mean, we haven't seen everything in the game yet so maybe there will be cool hanar/elcor analogues in andromeda but who knows

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Asari felt like a joke race that people actually liked a lot but at that point they were written so poorly and jokingly that Bioware was in a tough spot trying to make them a legitimate part of the game.

That's just my bad opinion, anyways. I don't necessarily blame Bioware for them

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Codependent Poster posted:

Pulling pranks on the team with Sera was fun. I hope I can pull pranks in this game too.

This is a bad opinion. Also this game is gonna blow. But, I'll play anything for fully interactive alien sex

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

khy posted:

I never got into Dragon Age much so I didn't even know who Sera was until I googled her.

I dunno, the Asari in the first 3 games weren't all that interesting. I always loved the Krogan, Salarians, Turians, Geth... I kind of wish there was a little more variation in the aliens and more 'alien' aliens. Too many bipedal, bimanual races and not enough like the Hanar, or the Rachni, and the like.

It's hard to understate how insufferable a character Sera was. Even if you agreed with her philosophies (I do kind of wish they focused more on her sneering attitude towards the Dalish), her petulant intractableness and indignation towards the harm she caused her allies killed any sympathy. She is almost universally loathed and PeeBee I think brings up some bad correlations with her. Hopefully that doesn't end up being the case.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i like the salarians so as long as there's some salarian fygm i'm good

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

that doesn't explain everything though, like why if the glitch is caused by a bad formula would it be exclusive to the PC and not affect the consoles?
It's not unheard of for the same code to behave differently on different things. Maybe the PC version uses a different maths library or something stupid like that.

Who knows really. It could happen though.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

:same:

They had a cool opportunity to do that here, but what we've seen so far it looks like they instead went "what if we just made the bipedal races look weirder"

I mean, we haven't seen everything in the game yet so maybe there will be cool hanar/elcor analogues in andromeda but who knows

I just went back to look at the 'alien' races.

Bipedal humanoids : Asari, Batarians, Drell, Salarians, Krogan, Turians, Yahg, Quarians, Vorcha, Volus, Collectors, most depictions of the Geth, Protheans

Nonhumanoids : Rachni, Hanar, Elcor, Keepers, ????

Maybe Thresher Maws but they don't really display intelligence so it's arguable either way.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

FunkMonkey posted:

It's hard to understate how insufferable a character Sera was. Even if you agreed with her philosophies (I do kind of wish they focused more on her sneering attitude towards the Dalish), her petulant intractableness and indignation towards the harm she caused her allies killed any sympathy. She is almost universally loathed and PeeBee I think brings up some bad correlations with her. Hopefully that doesn't end up being the case.

DAInq is kind of like the bizarro Bioware game when it comes to companions because while all the Mass Effect games you can't wait to switch out Ashley, Kaiden, Miranda, Jacob, and James, in DAInq you're given Cassandra, Varric, and Solas right off the bat. Boom, best three companions right there.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I also hated Solas but he had a permanent position in my late game group because he was the only <POINTY EARED FREAK> I had.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 15, 2017

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I liked Sera but Peebee has yet to interest me so maybe that's a good sign for some of you??

Also I think a MP livestream is starting on https://www.twitch.tv/bioware if anyone wants to see it.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

AngryBooch posted:

DAInq is kind of like the bizarro Bioware game when it comes to companions because while all the Mass Effect games you can't wait to switch out Ashley, Kaiden, Miranda, Jacob, and James, in DAInq you're given Cassandra, Varric, and Solas right off the bat. Boom, best three companions right there.

Miranda and James were perfectly acceptable squadmates :colbert:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alan Is More Upset posted:

He works at the "Lumberyard". Do you think that 4 hour AWS outage was a coincidence??? flat earth

Edit: Female Ryder presets lookin' like poo poo.

That was the crack whore setting right?

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

DoctorGonzo posted:

That was the crack whore setting right?

600 years in cryo does weird stuff to people

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

FunkMonkey posted:

I also hated Solas but he had a permanent position in my late game group because he was the only healer I had.

... He wasn't a healer and literally every mage can do the barrier thing. You couldn't heal with magic in Inquisition, only with potions.

The best 'healing' was forging weapons for everyone with +armor on hit.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

AngryBooch posted:

Hey now, James is cool

Also Dorian was the best companion

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm excited to continue my long bioware tradition of the world being saved by ruddy, tough-talking lesbians.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Zore posted:

... He wasn't a healer and literally every mage can do the barrier thing. You couldn't heal with magic in Inquisition.

The best 'healing' was forging weapons for everyone with +armor on hit.

Well gee, I guess I'm remembering wrong, alas.

Seconding the love for James and Dorian.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

FunkMonkey posted:

I also hated Solas but he had a permanent position in my late game group because he was the only healer I had.

For story reasons it's pretty good to get as much Solas in your party as possible.

Sad that Varric was the weakest rogue, but still no reason to take Cole or even Sera over him. And Cassandra is the best character in Inquisition, by a lot.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Where are all these Sera lovers coming from??? She is clearly terrible and the most egregious thing coming from this thread.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

AngryBooch posted:

Also, as opposed to Mass Effect 2, Inquisition seemed hellbent on finding ways to make every team member loving insufferable and awful in their own ways, especially the insipid "____ HATED THIS. ____ DISAGREES STRONGLY WITH YOUR poo poo" at every loving turn

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Glenn Quebec posted:

Where are all these Sera lovers coming from??? She is clearly terrible and the most egregious thing coming from this thread.
people have differing opinions on things. you are a broken human being.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Ages posted:

600 years in cryo does weird stuff to people

Potatoes store better than people so the Andromeda Initiative had to first develop a method of potato gene therapy. These are the results.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Glenn Quebec posted:

Sera is an excellent character but an atrocious person.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

If my disliking Sera intensely makes me broken doesn't it make you broken for calling me broken for disliking Sera

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Sera had an interesting philosophy, but would have worked much better as a recurring antagonist for the Inquisitor. Her personality and ethos doesn't mesh with what you're doing at all and having her work self-destructively against you as you accumulate power could have been interesting as she turns the common people against you.

Like, she works perfectly in that role and not at all as a normal companion.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
"bioware has enabled English only chat mode"

Cool progressive company

cams
Mar 28, 2003

euthanize all gamers

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Sera was cool as long as you never talked to her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zore posted:

Sera had an interesting philosophy, but would have worked much better as a recurring antagonist for the Inquisitor. Her personality and ethos doesn't mesh with what you're doing at all and having her work self-destructively against you as you accumulate power could have been interesting as she turns the common people against you.

Like, she works perfectly in that role and not at all as a normal companion.

Sera's also weird because she claims to be an anarchist revolutionary, but everything she supports is going back to the status quo - she outright tells you that she doesn't want to change anything, why would she? She wants things to go back to the way they were before, when they made sense to her.

Despite all the monkeycheese "let's murder everyone who acts the slightest bit superior to anyone else," Sera's the most hardcore conservative member of Inquisition's cast. Even Vivienne approves of some changes (that personally benefit her).