Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Vvd/cda/D66/cu/sgp coalition. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

I'm still not sure that the PvdA isn't capable of returning to government. I mean, they're perfectly at home an a right wing cabinet.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice

9-Volt Assault posted:

Vvd/cda/D66/cu/sgp coalition. :getin:

lol @ 3 christian parties in 2017.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Junior G-man posted:

If you think that'll make the Eurogroup any better you're sorely mistaken.

Plus I heard some corridor rumbles here in Brussels that they really want to keep him, so expect the living neoliberalist corpse that is Dijsselbloem to pop up at the ECB or in the Commission in a senior position.

I'm starting to get really annoyed at the neoliberal fetishist elites in brussels

JMolen
Mar 16, 2014

Junior G-man posted:

I'm still not sure that the PvdA isn't capable of returning to government. I mean, they're perfectly at home an a right wing cabinet.

I would absolutely love it if they actually went back to being yes-men for the VVD again after all that posturing and bluster.

Either way though this coalition is going to be a mess!

JMolen fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 15, 2017

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

JMolen posted:

I would absolutely love it if they actually went back to being yes-men for the VVD again after all that posturing and bluster.

Sounds like the Lib Dems in the UK.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

JMolen posted:

"TAKING RESPONSIBILITY"

I also have a feeling that, now that Asscher is out, Dijsselbloem will straight up run the PvdA.

Some PvdA shill in Volkskrant today wrote that it's "time for the PvdA to learn from this result and return to the policies of Wouter Bos!" which was the funniest thing I read all day. The Volkskrant is hilarious.

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 15, 2017

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
https://twitter.com/brasstacks15/status/842125645580722177

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
meanwhile, in French politics

https://twitter.com/JLMelenchon/status/841924082086105088

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
too woke

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I can hear him pronounce the game's name in a French accent.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
mdr

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

That guy has 62 followers, so more people will see that dumb tweet in this thread than on twitter.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
Poor Melenchon. Maybe things will be more opportune in 2022.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

...Didn't we go over this when the game was released?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Eh have you seen the price of new game releases in France. I'd wait two years too if I was him

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I guess that's also the time it took to fix all most of the bugs. And with the release of the GTX 1080 Ti, there is finally a card that can run it at decent fps.

AC: Unity is a bad game.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
https://twitter.com/YanniKouts/status/842142504845729792
In terms of going easy on the austerity, those options are, respectively, "haha, no chance" and "why don't these austerity dials go up to 11???? am i allowed to hit the reprobates with my cattle prod????"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

So a win-win situation as far as you're concerned?

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I can see Dijsselbloem returning as finance minister (and the only PvdA minister) in a scenario where the PvdA becomes the fourth coalition party to VVD-CDA-D66. They would totally take such an offer and it would be endlessly funny.

Dijsselbloem has already hinted at this in Volkskrant this morning. He was asked if the PvdA would join the coalition and he said "that doesn't seem likely. we do need something to govern" which is basically a thinly veiled "negotiate with us please. we are bitches without shame"

Meanwhile the same newspaper has the gall to call Dijsselbloem and Koenders "the best and the brightest of social democracy" who were oh so wronged and misunderstood by idiot voters.

Shibawanko fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Mar 16, 2017

JMolen
Mar 16, 2014

Shibawanko posted:

I can see Dijsselbloem returning as finance minister (and the only PvdA minister) in a scenario where the PvdA becomes the fourth coalition party to VVD-CDA-D66. They would totally take such an offer and it would be endlessly funny.

Dijsselbloem has already hinted at this in Volkskrant this morning. He was asked if the PvdA would join the coalition and he said "that doesn't seem likely. we do need something to govern" which is basically a thinly veiled "negotiate with us please. we are bitches without shame"

Meanwhile the same newspaper has the gall to call Dijsselbloem and Koenders "the best and the brightest of social democracy" who were oh so wronged and misunderstood by idiot voters.

I for one loved the scathing article about the failure of the SP. You know the party that lost a single seat while it's rival lost 30.

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

JMolen posted:

I for one loved the scathing article about the failure of the SP. You know the party that lost a single seat while it's rival lost 30.

I want Dijsselbloem to go away back to his pigs and he's probably reason one, two and three why support for the PvdA collapsed. But if your biggest rival on the left gets absolutely wiped out and you don't profit from it at all, you've probably done a bad job.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

JMolen posted:

All of the Volkskrant columnists talk about how they voted PvdA, every single one. Grunberg tried to say it in a weird hint, like "i voted for the party that most resembles Martin Schulz. it wasn't greenleft and it wasn't d66. guess who i voted for!" The joke's on him because Schulz is at least some kind of leftist and the PvdA doesn't actually resemble him, although Grunberg probably thinks it does because he's a rich, cloistered rear end in a top hat whose lifestyle isn't affected by government policy.

This is the guy who travelled to Thessaloniki during the Greek economic crisis and basically said "eh, everything seems to be okay!" based on a weird theory that you shouldn't go to the capital city of a country if you want to get an idea of how things are going there, but to the second biggest city or something.

I still read that loving newspaper though because it's funny to me to read their PvdA We Hardly Knew Ye sob stories about being betrayed by voters for their sound policies. And all of the other newspapers are even worse.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Shibawanko posted:

All of the Volkskrant columnists talk about how they voted PvdA, every single one. Grunberg tried to say it in a weird hint, like "i voted for the party that most resembles Martin Schulz. it wasn't greenleft and it wasn't d66. guess who i voted for!" The joke's on him because Schulz is at least some kind of leftist and the PvdA doesn't actually resemble him, although Grunberg probably thinks it does because he's a rich, cloistered rear end in a top hat whose lifestyle isn't affected by government policy.

This is the guy who travelled to Thessaloniki during the Greek economic crisis and basically said "eh, everything seems to be okay!" based on a weird theory that you shouldn't go to the capital city of a country if you want to get an idea of how things are going there, but to the second biggest city or something.

I still read that loving newspaper though because it's funny to me to read their PvdA We Hardly Knew Ye sob stories about being betrayed by voters for their sound policies. And all of the other newspapers are even worse.

Sounds like the Dutch version of The Guardian to be honest.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Pesmerga posted:

Sounds like the Dutch version of The Guardian to be honest.

Yes that's exactly what it's like. The PvdA will never produce a Corbyn-like figure but when it does the Volkskrant will have its smear tactics ready.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Grunberg is such an idiot. A few days ago he was like ''well, the PvdD is exactly the same as the PVV, because the PvdD also criticizes the EU in its current state!!!!".

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Shibawanko posted:

The letters and columns section of the Volkskrant are the funny pages of that newspaper. I'm left-wing and they still manage to crack me up with how comically left they are at times.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/finanzministerium-paket-mit-sprengstoff-stammt-aus-griechenland-a-1138966.html

Greek terrorists tried to attack the German finance ministry - I hope there will be some good old retribution for this cowardly act.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

GaussianCopula posted:

http://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/finanzministerium-paket-mit-sprengstoff-stammt-aus-griechenland-a-1138966.html

Greek terrorists tried to attack the German finance ministry - I hope there will be some good old retribution for this cowardly act.

Dismantle the Akropolis and make it the centerpiece of some art museum in Berlin.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I wonder if greek terrorism will be blamed on the inferior cultural norms of Greece and the evil backwards religion of Greek Orthodox Church that should be fought against and we should ban all Greeks from entering Europe.

The political happenings and the Greek financial strangulation by the EU never happened, this is all evil Greeks.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

I wonder if greek terrorism will be blamed on the inferior cultural norms of Greece and the evil backwards religion of Greek Orthodox Church that should be fought against and we should ban all Greeks from entering Europe.

The political happenings and the Greek financial strangulation by the EU never happened, this is all evil Greeks.

You would hope that the fact that the Eurogroup has now destabilized a nation enough to provoke terrorist attacks from its citizenry would be a wake-up call but I remember that it's always Schauble-a-clock in Germany.

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

The letters and columns section of the Volkskrant are the funny pages of that newspaper. I'm left-wing and they still manage to crack me up with how comically left they are at times.

This is weird to me because one of the reasons why I cancelled my Volkskrant subscription was how many poor quality rightwing columns they publish in their opinion section (Sommer, Eppink, Van Baar, plus reprinting all of the conservative New York Times opinion columns).To be sure they also have some classic leftwingers but it's nowhere near universally leftist.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

GaussianCopula posted:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-greece-schaueble-parcelbomb-idUSKBN16N1BA

We're plagued by amateurs.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-blast-idUSKBN16N1DZ

I'm not sure what blowing off some mail room worker's fingers is gonna accomplish here. loving greeks, always something up with them

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Schauble is this century's Heinrich Bruning with the bonus that the people suffering from his policies don't vote in his elections so he'll just keep schaubling until the EU collapses or the entire continent is covered in Pepe flags, whichever comes first.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Pluskut Tukker posted:

This is weird to me because one of the reasons why I cancelled my Volkskrant subscription was how many poor quality rightwing columns they publish in their opinion section (Sommer, Eppink, Van Baar, plus reprinting all of the conservative New York Times opinion columns).To be sure they also have some classic leftwingers but it's nowhere near universally leftist.

Can't avoid it. The Parool newspaper originated as an underground resistance paper in WW2 but now has a literal fascist as its political column writer, Theodor Holman...

Seems like the media now generally feels like they have to appeal to the poor, repressed and underrepresented white nationalist segment of the population, now that these parties have become popular internationally.

Entropist fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Mar 16, 2017

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

Schauble is this century's Heinrich Bruning with the bonus that the people suffering from his policies don't vote in his elections so he'll just keep schaubling until the EU collapses or the entire continent is covered in Pepe flags, whichever comes first.

This is a little mean of a comparison.

Brüning meant well.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Entropist posted:

Can't avoid it. The Parool newspaper originated as an underground resistance paper in WW2 but now has a literal fascist as its political column writer, Theodor Holman...

Seems like the media now generally feels like they have to appeal to the poor, repressed and underrepresented white nationalist segment of the population, now that these parties have become popular internationally.

If only the media appealed to the poor by talking about how their bosses are the reason they are poor, and that if they socialized their work environment they could decide their own future again. :ussr:

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe the European populists haven’t caught onto the fact that Europeans don’t really like Trump that much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

9-Volt Assault posted:

If only the media appealed to the poor by talking about how their bosses are the reason they are poor, and that if they socialized their work environment they could decide their own future again. :ussr:
Alternatively their union leaders could get soapy titwanks courtesy of the management and screw the people they're supposed to represent like with Deutsche Post.