Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

very rude to speak that way about academy award winner Suicide Squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Malek posted:

Or Rooster Teeth losing their poo poo because he didn't say Fallout 4 was perfect.
and it wasn't...

*Rooster Tooth man wearing that ugly af plastic pip boy unironically*

"He only said Fallout 4 wasn't great to get attention."

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I know it was the most likely outcome but I'm still kinda bummed that FO4 was markedly worse than New Vegas.

Have any of the DLC or mods elevated it in any way yet?

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 15, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I remember that there's a mod that extends conversation options to full sentences instead of "hate the news" which apparently makes a pretty big difference. I don't own the game though.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

found it

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOhEh4oy9YE

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Monkey Fracas posted:

I know it was the most likely outcome but I'm still kinda bummed that FO4 was markedly worse than New Vegas.

Have any of the DLC or mods elevated it in any way yet?

The DLC is not very interesting.

If you go in with New Vegas expectations, it will be a huge disappointment. If you go in with "is it better than F03" expectations, you will enjoy yourself. Mostly. There are a lot of neat sidequests, the shooting feels better, the way they did power armor was pretty cool, and some people really enjoyed the base-building stuff. The MC voice acting was pretty solid for both the man and lady options. I chose the lady since it was the same VA who voice Jack in ME2. The main quest was... a little better? It was not good though. In addition, I think they should have flat-out cut the radiant quest system, which would generate generic unremarkable quests that weren't immediately recognizable until after you had done a few and noticed they didn't go anywhere. It was really easy to start doing them without realizing they were just empty treadmill content and burn-out out on the game instead of exploring and doing the fun sidequests.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

This reminds me of the old AOL sound repositories where you could download a .wav of "fox kills mario" and it would be a 9 second clip of a bunch of ripped smash bros sound effects followed by the Mortal Kombat "FATALITY"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Who's more insufferable, the fan who thinks all games in a series are unconditionally 10/10 or the one who votes everything down to 0 on metacritic because it's not like [15 year old golden standard that nothing else can ever live up to].

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm not a fan of rooster teeth, but the convention I just got back from had a surprising number of RWBY fans.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
is it suddenly wrong to say bethesda games have bugs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That RWBY has fans in numbers higher than double digits will always amaze me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bethesda bugs are good bugs though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

That RWBY has fans in numbers higher than double digits will always amaze me

I heard the fight scenes are really well done, I assume anybody that is a big fan of it is mostly there for the style over substance

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

exquisite tea posted:

Who's more insufferable, the fan who thinks all games in a series are unconditionally 10/10 or the one who votes everything down to 0 on metacritic because it's not like [15 year old golden standard that nothing else can ever live up to].
I suggest we actually don't discuss this poo poo.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jay Rust posted:

Not when a Bethesda bug stems from the fact that the engine is making GBS threads itself because you've played for so many hours (varied from game to game, system to system) the world is facing its own heat death.

I don't think that happens in Fallout 4, but the problem was present in the console versions of various titles last gen.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm going to discuss how nothing in gaming will ever affect me so singularly and profoundly as the RED BOX in Phantasy Star Online.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

I'm not a fan of rooster teeth, but the convention I just got back from had a surprising number of RWBY fans.

i went to rtx because it's like a few minutes away and mega64 does a panel there and boy let me tell you about rwby

((I still don't know what rwby is))

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I got to play one of the newer Initial D arcade games (stage 7) and it's tight as gently caress. The force feedback on the wheel kicks in when the course loads and it feels amazing. Now I want to play it more but my town doesn't have poo poo for arcades.

VVV:I didn't realize that was the Haloid dude, I thought they just made RvB. Rip Haloid dude

tap my mountain fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 15, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ostentatious posted:

((I still don't know what rwby is))

Dude who made haloid made an anime. Then he died. RIP haloid dude.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I finished Night in the Woods. Uh...

The last act is really... bad. The game is so amazing before the end that it just makes the ending sequence feel that much worse. Wow. I think I understand people who complained about ME3's ending ruining the game.

7/10

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i will end ur life right now

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

precision posted:

The last act is really... bad. The game is so amazing before the end that it just makes the ending sequence feel that much worse. Wow. I think I understand people who complained about ME3's ending ruining the game.

7/10

That's disappointing. I keep building this huge backlog of quirky indie story games like Oxenfree, Virginia, and Kentucky Route Zero, but every time I even mouse over them I suddenly find myself playing another round of Overwatch instead

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

rwby looks like avatar

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

oddium posted:

rwby looks like avatar

Avatar isn't in lovely 3d though? Or are you talking James Cameron

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

RWBY man looks like an anime

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

her name is weiss schnee hahahah that's so dumb

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

RWBY also used a bunch of stolen assets in their models iirc. It bad

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

rwby looks like avatar

https://i.imgur.com/1CYJHPW.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/UgdDCU3.mp4

I didn't watch avatar but I think it had better animation

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Jay Rust posted:

I remember when one of the patches for Daggerfall had to fix so many bugs that it broke backwards compatibility with saves from older versions of the game. Players had to use an official save game repair program by Bethesda to convert their saves to be playable by the latest patches.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

https://i.imgur.com/1CYJHPW.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/UgdDCU3.mp4

I didn't watch avatar but I think it had better animation

people liked this haha

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

RWBY also used a bunch of stolen assets in their models iirc. It bad

Wait what, they did??

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

The Colonel posted:

is it suddenly wrong to say bethesda games have bugs

Nope, just wrong to hold it against the game apparently

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

precision posted:

7/10

Night in the Woods spoiler ahead:

Yeah, I had a real "What did that have to do with anything?" moment during the end credits. I guess it gets points for being surprising: when you think the game is about depressions both physical and mental (and doing a good job enforcing that kind of mood), it's actually about some eldritch stuff

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Flynt Flossy did a voice in RWBY, the only good thing about that show.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

watch me swooce right in

FirstAidKite posted:

Wait what, they did??

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waypoint is streaming some Mass Effect Andromeda, and half their comments have been about the goofy animations, there is just nonstop weirdness in every other dialogue scene

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
How does a game engine regress so much

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Healbot posted:

Game Boy and Gear had the same version I imagine, big rear end Spot on a tiny screen. Boy were the portable versions poo poo. Same for Aladdin, Lion King and Earthworm Jim.

i just mean i had the game gear one and i loving hate coolspot a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sonic 2 on game gear is hot wet trash. sonic chaos and some other game i forget the name of but was similar are the ones that actually approximate what real sonic played like.

gamegear was bad and i majorly hosed up asking for it over like snes or a dog or whatever else i should have asked for instead.

• Locked thread