Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
It's Enschede, thus there's one girl in that list (vvd). Ondernemerspartij dude is 18 years old and didnt actively experience the Brinkman in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncertainty
Aug 8, 2011

These numbers are completely unworkable no?

If you split things up left vs right neither reaches majority, if you go conservative vs progressive I can also not find a majority.

uncertainty has issued a correction as of 21:41 on Mar 15, 2017

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol @ leftists thinking they matter.

Rutte is Obama.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

twoday posted:

It's not ideal but the fash has been sufficiently bashed and I can live with this

Same, country saved.

A bit of a loss from the left. But lol at Wilders

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

uncertainty posted:

These numbers are completely unworkable no?

If you split things up left vs right neither reaches majority, if you go conservative vs liberal I can also not find a majority.

It will probably be fine.

VVD + D66 + CDA + PvdA/GL

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao @ multiple xtian parties in 2017

uncertainty
Aug 8, 2011

Thatim posted:

It will probably be fine.

VVD + D66 + CDA + PvdA/GL

Where it said liberal I meant progressive.

That combination is kind of a weird combination though:

If we classify parties on pro-market vs pro-government and conservative vs progressive you have:

VVD: market & conservative
CDA: government & conservative
D66: market & progressive
PVDA/GL: government & progressive

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

after watching the us elections dutch tv right now is like time travel back to the early eighties

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

if ur in the us you probably need a proxy or something but this is public tv rn

its boring as poo poo

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

So wilders ate poo poo huh? Thought he'd pick up some support over the turkey fight

Hope DENK ate poo poo as well

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

The Brown Menace posted:

So wilders ate poo poo huh? Thought he'd pick up some support over the turkey fight

Hope DENK ate poo poo as well

Nope, DENK picked up three seats and the barely-veiled fascist Baudet of the FvD picked up two as it looks like.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I hope Erdogan gets mad at other countries just to see what they come up with.

Fascist Belgium *guy angrily squeezing waffle*

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

poty posted:

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen. I hope Erdogan gets mad at other countries just to see what they come up with.

Yes, this is some funny stuf. And i know nobody who is offended. Pretty much everyone is 'lol turkey'.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

So has another country fallen to putins right wing nationalist machine or nah

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

what the hell kind of accent does marianne thieme have? its like zaans but all consonants are in the back of the throat, I've never heard anyone talk like that

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Uncle Wemus posted:

So has another country fallen to putins right wing nationalist machine or nah

No, status quo maintained more or less, possibly a bit greener

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

poty posted:

*skips over all the talking parts of van damme movies*

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Jeb! finally gets something :unsmith:

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
So, as always, polls have shown the alt-right PVV to be much larger than in reality, although it has gained some ground.

In general, there is a very clear neoliberal winner with the rest of the parties sorta there. Which means there will be a lot of coalition possiblities.

So lets look at the left parties quickly hurrying to stand in line to sell out in exchange for those sweet sweet ministry posts because they will have learned nothing from the gutted PvdA because we are a vile, cancerous species.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Do you get a bunch of money for having a minister or something? I can't imagine why GL would want to join the coalition when they would definitely lose most of the seats they just won in the next election

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Badger of Basra posted:

Do you get a bunch of money for having a minister or something? I can't imagine why GL would want to join the coalition when they would definitely lose most of the seats they just won in the next election

Well besides the ministry salary, which is high but not extravagant; your party builds up credentials for having governed. Much as I also this year voted SP, they have never been in government and they'd probably not do a fantastic job at it.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
VVD + CDA + D66 + PvdA might form a bare majority, will have to wait for final results though. Maybe 50+ could be added too.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Is there no such thing as a minority government in the Netherlands?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Is there no such thing as a minority government in the Netherlands?

This was tried in 2010, supported by Wilders, but that collapsed after like a year when Wilders suddenly didn't feel like cooperating any more. It's unlikely that they will try this again any time soon, but you never know!

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

Here's a wild prediction: we'll end up with vvd + d66 + cda + cu, and the only thing d66 will get out of it is that Pechtold gets to be PM.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.

Messyass posted:

Here's a wild prediction: we'll end up with vvd + d66 + cda + cu, and the only thing d66 will get out of it is that Pechtold gets to be PM.

Thats 75 Seats so the sgp will join. Also helps in the senate. 4 more years of loving over the climate, unemployed and working poor, more liberalizations on the labor market, lower taxes for companies but not workers. Fun stuff. But hey, euthanasia won't become easier so the christians are happy!

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

^^^^
According to the exit poll it would have 75 seats, but now it looks like it would be a majority.

Anyway, my analysis of how the VVD ended up on top again:

For one, people were actually not as dissatisfied with the last government as the media would lead you to believe, or at least the VVD electorate wasn't. It's now abundantly clear that in the perception of the voter the last government succesfully executed VVD policy. Which is of course also why the PvdA lost big.

Mostly though, they just have a loyal base of voters who directly benefit from their policy (rich people), and people who are led to believe that they benefit (small business owners). That loyal base allowed them to extend their message to different groups during the campaign.

After excluding the PVV from a future coalition they somehow managed to court both PVV voters wanting a more right wing coalition, as well as centrist voters still wanting to keep the PVV from being the biggest party. Well played I must say.

CDA kind of benefitted in the same way, as they also have a solid base (boring old conservatives), and you could see them trying to attract some of the wayward PVV voters as well in the latter part of the campaign.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Messyass posted:

^^^^
According to the exit poll it would have 75 seats, but now it looks like it would be a majority.

Ah right, that world be 76 seats. Risky.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Messyass posted:

^^^^

Anyway, my analysis of how the VVD ended up on top again:

For one, people were actually not as dissatisfied with the last government as the media would lead you to believe, or at least the VVD electorate wasn't. It's now abundantly clear that in the perception of the voter the last government succesfully executed VVD policy. Which is of course also why the PvdA lost big.

Mostly though, they just have a loyal base of voters who directly benefit from their policy (rich people), and people who are led to believe that they benefit (small business owners). That loyal base allowed them to extend their message to different groups during the campaign.

After excluding the PVV from a future coalition they somehow managed to court both PVV voters wanting a more right wing coalition, as well as centrist voters still wanting to keep the PVV from being the biggest party. Well played I must say.

CDA kind of benefitted in the same way, as they also have a solid base (boring old conservatives), and you could see them trying to attract some of the wayward PVV voters as well in the latter part of the campaign.

I guess it can be even easier explained. Most people here are happy, even if things arent perfect. So you want the most 'stable' party that has a reputation for stable and boring governing. See also the slight rise of the CDA.

People looked at other countries, where 'lol nope', and voted for the boring stable stuff that made the majority happy.

And i am okay with it tbh. I listened too much to media, mainstream and not mainstream, and was expecting facist government

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Netherlands vote VVD because it's a country of traders and VOC mentality. Also, everyone is rich.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

People vote VVD because they continue to be deluded into thinking the VVD will make sure their salaries go up and more jobs get created. :lol: Also because they hate foreigners and think Christmas is under attack.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

So...... yay?

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

So...... yay?

Not really. Wilders never had a chance of becoming prime-minister, and he was losing support quickly the last few weeks. The higher than expected result for the conservatives just means most regular people will get hosed for a couple more years. Also, the Netherlands will continue to not do poo poo to curb carbon emissions, despite half our nation being many meters below sea level. :lol:

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

9-Volt Assault posted:

Not really. Wilders never had a chance of becoming prime-minister, and he was losing support quickly the last few weeks. The higher than expected result for the conservatives just means most regular people will get hosed for a couple more years. Also, the Netherlands will continue to not do poo poo to curb carbon emissions, despite half our nation being many meters below sea level. :lol:

Yeah this is a terrible result for people who care about the future. A further net rightward shift, both in discourse and in actual party seats :(

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

9-Volt Assault posted:

People vote VVD because they continue to be deluded into thinking the VVD will make sure their salaries go up and more jobs get created. :lol: Also because they hate foreigners and think Christmas is under attack.

This is not the type of people that vote VVD. There are way better parties if you hate foreigners (PVV, FvD, VNL etc). And nobody believes Christmas is under attack.

First part is true however. And that is indeed lol

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Osmosisch posted:

Yeah this is a terrible result for people who care about the future. A further net rightward shift, both in discourse and in actual party seats :(

Yes. But these are pretty dark times, so i feel like this is a good enough result. Nothing will change much. And with some luck we get GL in cabinet to keep the climate stuff in check.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Holland has been underwater forever, that's not what's dangerous. It's the extreme weather that'll gently caress Holland; get ready for the flood of 1953 part 2!

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

9-Volt Assault posted:

between the new healthcare plan killing all the olds in america and the conservatives turning the netherlands into windmill atlantis, you have to admire the right for solving the problem it itself poses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Thatim posted:

Yes. But these are pretty dark times, so i feel like this is a good enough result. Nothing will change much. And with some luck we get GL in cabinet to keep the climate stuff in check.

We wont get GL. They saw what Rutte did to the PvdA. If GL joins cda/vvd the same will happen to them.

CDA and VVD just dont care about climate or the environment, the VVD cares about driving 130 and flying to Thailand and CDA cares about making sure farmers arent inconvenienced a bit, and not making weed legal.

• Locked thread