Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Weirdo posted:

I thought you could flirt with the alien jedi catgirl??

The only alien I remember is the twilek girl. In terms of non-human looking aliens at least. But its been forever since I played that game,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Putty posted:

It is. Complaining about rent in NYC is like breathing air.

Agreed. I liked game grumps for a little bit but Egoraptor is a creepy gently caress so that didn't last long. There's other channels I refer to when I refer to the asshats besides just gaming.

Reaction Videos (stealing someone else's video then staring at it)

:letsplay:

Daily Vlogs

Minecraft Roleplay (these exist)

Top ten Vids

Tons more things that people shouldn't be getting money for. Some fuckers even split something that should be one video into several just to get more ad revenue.

Egoraptors really dumb and contradicts his own criticism constantly and people still think hes smart fod some reason :shrug:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Rubellavator posted:

I kinda remember arin constantly treating jon like an idiot and demeaning his every opinion.

History will prove him right I guess.

I watched an episode when they first started out because hey I liked LPs and I liked Metal Gear Awesome and people were saying this was good. Couldn't make it more than a minute in. Then I heard Jon left and people were furious that a horrible son of an Israeli JEW took his place and this was the worst thing ever and I actually really enjoyed the video I watched because Dan seems like a ridiculously nice and genuinely funny person. I went back and tried the Jon videos again and they were pretty bad universally while about 1 in 5 of the newer ones I genuinely enjoy, especially when they had Rob Schneider on or that video where they made fun of AVGN copycats.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Dan is chill

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Putty posted:

Something about drama between him and Arin, but I never really looked into it cause there was a bunch of toxicity surrounding it. I'll probably look it up now since that's all old hat now.

good news! there's an active subreddit dedicated to solving the mystery of why white nationalist advocate for reason outed alt-right sympathizer demonized moderate youtube funnymanjon left a youtube lp channel four loving years ago https://www.reddit.com/r/ConspiracyGrumps/

i get that people develop a sense of kinship for youtube entertainers, i remember feeling very fond of the invader zim dvd commentary team when I was 15, but i mean by 2008 i wasn't like "wonder how danielle koenig's life is going!"

i also just would like to acknowledge that the other big gaming news right now is that link's strong shark friend in the new zelda is way too sexy and everybody is going to marry him

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/03/breath-of-the-wilds-shark-prince-is-getting-a-lot-of-love-from-thirsty-zelda-fans/
video games are stupid, the internet is stupid, everything must be destroyed

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
That's his bro-in-law you sick fucks!

quote:

There's a part of me that has reservations about Link and Sidon — my coworker, Eric Van Allen, has a sister who is a marine biologist, and she notes that shark skin is actually comprised of very small teeth called denticles, and at best that would chafe during intimate moments.

lol

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Plan Z posted:

\ that video where they made fun of AVGN copycats.

ffffuck yes i forgot about that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-LfKbCR0MI

they also had rocco from mega64 on and it's worth watching at least the first 15 seconds
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rILZywopIZU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The only thing I remember about game grumps is the sonic 06 one where Jon just dropped a bunch of n-bombs for literally no reason.

"It's just a joke!, but for real though blacks commit a ton of crimes! This chart from stormfront shows that rich black people cause way more crime than poor whites!"

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Moridin920 posted:

5. It's okay just because it is ironic?

lmao i found a kind of list of jontrons tweets and i've been reading them and jesus haha jon whyy

and i'm waaaay too high right now to double down for fun

but still,

yes irony makes it okay. censoring ironic representations of bad politics doesn't help anything at all lmao and just makes them more potent when they show up in unironic ways

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
hes fat and has terrible facial hair and thats all there is too it imho

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

unpleasantly turgid posted:

yes irony makes it okay. censoring ironic representations of bad politics doesn't help anything at all lmao and just makes them more potent when they show up in unironic ways

I'm not necessarily disagreeing completely but doesn't letting people ironically be racist encourage the unironic racists to come out and go "yeah me too I got a good racist joke!" and whatnot?

How do you tell the difference between ironic racism and unironic racism? Is it fair for people to make obviously racist statements then come back later and go "well I was just joking relax?"

I mean obv I'm not saying like, Monty Python people shouldn't be allowed to dress up like Nazis and make fun of them but there's a world of difference between that and just 'ironically' dropping the n-word all the time or whatever.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 15, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Here's a controversial opinion: execute racists

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Link x Jontron if you dont ship if youre garbage

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Blue Train posted:

harsh but fair

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Don't you know old chap I was head of Gestapo for ten years. Five years! No! No, nein, I was not head of Gestapo at all... I make joke.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Blue Train posted:

Please don't execute my grandma

or my mom only when we're driving through a rough neighborhood

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
hold square to sieg heil

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Meme Emulator posted:

The only alien I remember is the twilek girl. In terms of non-human looking aliens at least. But its been forever since I played that game,

Juhani - She's one of the optional NPCs, who you can even kill instead of recruiting. Whoever wrote that article also calls her the first lesbian Jedi, so we'll need to cut to Jontron to see how he feels about that.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing completely but doesn't letting people ironically be racist encourage the unironic racists to come out and go "yeah me too I got a good racist joke!" and whatnot?

How do you tell the difference between ironic racism and unironic racism? Is it fair for people to make obviously racist statements then come back later and go "well I was just joking relax?"

I mean obv I'm not saying like, Monty Python people shouldn't be allowed to dress up like Nazis and make fun of them but there's a world of difference between that and just 'ironically' dropping the n-word all the time or whatever.

Hysterical Leftist Moridin920 Declares Irony "Unacceptable, Tantamount To Genocide"; Siding With Western Culture Is Now A Morally Imperative Matter Of Rational Self-Interest

friend of the family lol j/k
haha but seriously what if friend of the family? just asking questions here. im allowed to have thoughts and say things you fuckign virtue signaling bolsheviks

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Cubone posted:

good news! there's an active subreddit dedicated to solving the mystery of why white nationalist advocate for reason outed alt-right sympathizer demonized moderate youtube funnymanjon left a youtube lp channel four loving years ago https://www.reddit.com/r/ConspiracyGrumps/

i get that people develop a sense of kinship for youtube entertainers, i remember feeling very fond of the invader zim dvd commentary team when I was 15, but i mean by 2008 i wasn't like "wonder how danielle koenig's life is going!"

i also just would like to acknowledge that the other big gaming news right now is that link's strong shark friend in the new zelda is way too sexy and everybody is going to marry him

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/03/breath-of-the-wilds-shark-prince-is-getting-a-lot-of-love-from-thirsty-zelda-fans/
video games are stupid, the internet is stupid, everything must be destroyed

It's a good thing that we are sexualizing fictional sharkmen and not just fictional sharkwomen

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Tits in video games can be extremely cringey, especially those of the anime variety. I will take the criticism of them more seriously when a video game writer manages to write even one romance plot that is less cringey than the most egregious anime tits out there. Bioware, I'm looking at you and your lovely fanfic NPC gently caress simulators.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cubone posted:

Hysterical Leftist Moridin920 Declares Irony "Unacceptable, Tantamount To Genocide"; Siding With Western Culture Is Now A Morally Imperative Matter Of Rational Self-Interest

friend of the family lol j/k
haha but seriously what if friend of the family? just asking questions here. im allowed to have thoughts and say things you fuckign virtue signaling bolsheviks

I didn't say you weren't allowed to have thoughts and say things lol

Just that maybe dropping the n-word all the time just for shock value is kinda immature/childish and a little racist yeah. I mean I did it as a teenager too but now that I'm older it just seems tacky and gouche and why?

Anyway calm down goof troop I didn't say anything was tantamount to genocide , I just said maybe your "irony" isn't irony at all and is instead just you being an rear end other people shouldn't have to deal with on the regular.

Also, look up the definition of the word "irony" bc you're not using it correctly whatsoever lmao.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Actually

quote:

a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.

Sounds like the irony here is you don't understand how big of a toolbag you come across as to the rest of society by insisting you should be allowed to say racial slurs "ironically" with no consequences

You're allowed to have thoughts and say things, that doesn't mean everyone else isn't allowed to call you an idiot for thinking/saying those things. Free speech works both ways like that.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

new phone who dis posted:

Tits in video games can be extremely cringey, especially those of the anime variety. I will take the criticism of them more seriously when a video game writer manages to write even one romance plot that is less cringey than the most egregious anime tits out there. Bioware, I'm looking at you and your lovely fanfic NPC gently caress simulators.

DoA Extreme Beach Volleyball, less cringey than Bioware.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Rubellavator posted:

It's a good thing that we are sexualizing fictional sharkmen and not just fictional sharkwomen

This is the change Obama spoke of and we can be proud of that

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I went through the funny racism stage but never tossed around the n-word. Seemed like a step way too far.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Lazy irony is as much of a lame humor shortcut as lazy shock humor.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
e: meh nm

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

DoA Extreme Beach Volleyball, less cringey than Bioware.

It's not trying to be anything except what it is. Once you've taken the blue alien tits and assfucking bull men that seriously, you reach the cringe singularity.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sounds to me like he's talking poo poo about cops tbh

Foiled by an edit

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

XMNN posted:

hes fat and has terrible facial hair and thats all there is too it imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdOgvdbl314

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

new phone who dis posted:

It's not trying to be anything except what it is. Once you've taken the blue alien tits and assfucking bull men that seriously, you reach the cringe singularity.

Yeah I wasn't trying to be ironic or anything, it's just true.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i want to see JonTron fight someone like the AVGN and the Nostalgia Critic did but as a parody cause it's not 2007 anymore

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Putty posted:

i want to see JonTron fight someone like the AVGN and the Nostalgia Critic did but as a parody cause it's not 2007 anymore

It should be lucha libre

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Calling jontron JonesTown now because he drank the coolaid and is committing career suicide.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

I didn't say you weren't allowed to have thoughts and say things lol

Just that maybe dropping the n-word all the time just for shock value is kinda immature/childish and a little racist yeah. I mean I did it as a teenager too but now that I'm older it just seems tacky and gouche and why?

Anyway calm down goof troop I didn't say anything was tantamount to genocide , I just said maybe your "irony" isn't irony at all and is instead just you being an rear end other people shouldn't have to deal with on the regular.

Also, look up the definition of the word "irony" bc you're not using it correctly whatsoever lmao.
drat you caught me!
i was hyperbolically reframing everything you said as a lazy rhetorical device to reduce the reputability of your opinion so that people wouldn't agree with you.

now that i have been exposed I SURE HOPE EVERYBODY DOESN'T START CATCHING ON AND TREATING THIS KIND OF WEAK PROPAGANDIST BULLSHIT AS THE DISHONEST OBFUSCATION THAT IT BLATANTLY IS sorry capslock

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

Actually

Sounds like the irony here is you don't understand how big of a toolbag you come across as to the rest of society by insisting you should be allowed to say racial slurs "ironically" with no consequences

You're allowed to have thoughts and say things, that doesn't mean everyone else isn't allowed to call you an idiot for thinking/saying those things. Free speech works both ways like that.

But that's mean, it hurts people's feelings, why are you so meeeeean

- signed,

stalwart and strong protectors of Western culture against the barbarians at the gates

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
this thread sucks. you all suck

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Bareback Werewolf posted:

this thread sucks. you all suck

i dunno it's been pretty cool ever since i looked into the mirror and finally saw that i was in fact JonTron the greatest youtube fat man on earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

Putty posted:

i dunno it's been pretty cool ever since i looked into the mirror and finally saw that i was in fact JonTron the greatest youtube fat man on earth

You're a real controversial figure around here JonTron.

• Locked thread