Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
https://twitter.com/UniWatch/status/842051579293401089

These are pretty good, but the U.S.'s logo looks too sci-fi and is also orange for some reason.

Ireael's would sell so many copies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ammat The Ankh posted:

These are pretty good, but the U.S.'s logo looks too sci-fi and is also orange for some reason.

The Italian and Dutch hats are rad as heck.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Pancakes posted:

Everyone here knows my thoughts and feelings on Yadi. I welcome all of you to the Church of the Stupid Neck Tattoos and Amazing Defense.

E: To all you reluctant Cubs fan converts, go back and watch the David Ross game. Watch Yadi make time at each AB to make sure Ross got an ovation. Yadi is wonderful.

I REALLY want to spend an week in an alternate universe where Molina plays for, not an arch enemy like the Cubs, but someone like the Brewers just to see how the BFIB react to the demonstrative brown guy with the neck tattoos kicking their rear end.

He really is good and I'm glad things like the WBC exist so I can watch him with less jaundiced eyes.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Poque posted:

The Italian and Dutch hats are rad as heck.

If I saw someone wearing the one for the Netherlands, I'd think he was a Peugeot fan.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

If I saw someone wearing the one for the Netherlands, I'd think he was a Peugeot fan.

I would figure it was just an Express hat.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

GoatSeeGuy posted:

I REALLY want to spend an week in an alternate universe where Molina plays for, not an arch enemy like the Cubs, but someone like the Brewers just to see how the BFIB react to the demonstrative brown guy with the neck tattoos kicking their rear end.

He really is good and I'm glad things like the WBC exist so I can watch him with less jaundiced eyes.

no one would know who he is or care about him, just like jon lucroy. which is as it should be.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Israel's hats already look fantastic, that redesign looks like a trucker cap. Just remove the I and make the star white on their existing caps. I do wish more teams didn't just go with letters on the caps, even if it's just something like Australia's southern cross. (South Africa's interlocking SA looks really good, though.)

Those Netherlands, Italy, and Puerto Rico caps are seriously great, though.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Closest I can think of is Cueto/Phillips from the CIN days, but that's tainted by the 2010 brawl so it's not a great comparison. I think Marte/Cutch are both well-liked or at least not despised in BFiB circles, but they're not as demonstrative as Yadi is.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

tadashi posted:

Bautista is an rear end in a top hat, too. We just don't see it because it doesn't get caught on camera so much. I have heard multiple commentators say he is not well liked around baseball.

I put very little faith in the "not like around by other pros" or "clubhouse cancer" stuff. Often its media who aren't a fan of a players dealings with them ala Bonds, but often its just the greatest players are also really intense off the field and really focused type A's that come across that way. Just like Donaldson is such an ultimate gamer, but from the little I've seen of his personality I would not want to be friends with the guy at all.

Best not to think too much about their personalities away from the game, hell this forum politically is divergent with probably 95% of players, let alone religiously.

The Walrus posted:

Don't want to get into the reasons for this cause it's a can of worms but he's well liked by his teammates so that's all that should count.

Agreed.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

patonthebach posted:

I put very little faith in the "not like around by other pros" or "clubhouse cancer" stuff. Often its media who aren't a fan of a players dealings with them ala Bonds, but often its just the greatest players are also really intense off the field and really focused type A's that come across that way. Just like Donaldson is such an ultimate gamer, but from the little I've seen of his personality I would not want to be friends with the guy at all.

Best not to think too much about their personalities away from the game, hell this forum politically is divergent with probably 95% of players, let alone religiously.

Agreed.

Bautista has a reputation as being rather whiny which you could pick up on from watching him play because he complains to umps a lot. I'm not saying he is one way or the other, but if you're saying he's well liked by his teammates well simultaneously dismissing that others have said he isn't well liked around the league than what is the difference? No one really knows and ultimately it doesn't matter. He could be totally fine, he could be a jerk that no one likes.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
New in KC this season

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

elentar posted:

New in KC this season

it's like if the kfc double down was in Akira

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Aramark is trash.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

That thing looks like something that belongs on that fake Guy Fieri menu

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The USA cap looks straight up fascist and I'd expect it to be in a Paul Verhoeven movie.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Rays don't even have a signature hot dog anymore

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

elentar posted:

New in KC this season

What is it? I see bacon, powdered sugar, and fried (?) .

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's a funnel cake with fried chicken and bacon.

You will die.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
gonna put my inner fatass to work here and say by looking that's a maple fried chicken with bacon on a couple of fritter/funnel cake things with a jalapeno popper and icing sugar on top

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Popete posted:

It's a funnel cake with fried chicken and bacon.

You will die.

Also pulled pork and extra cheese product.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
It's a bacon-wrapped affront to God

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I would root for The Republic of Hotdog on a Stick on the top left.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That looks like the Internet tryhard garbage they made a big production out of at Turner Field last season, like the hamburger between two frozen pizzas. Like gross thoughtless food can be awesome but you don't have to let 700 redditors all chime in on the recipe.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

speaking of food: new food item at Coors Field this year

Apple Pie Nachos:
fried tortilla covered in cinnamon/powdered sugar
wedge slices of apples, covered in cinnamon/powdered sugar
cheddar cheese
vanilla ice cream
whip cream

but seriously, if you are going to a game in Denver, only order minimum food/drink at the ballpark, and eat/drink at the hundreds of places around the ballpark instead.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

will_colorado posted:

speaking of food: new food item at Coors Field this year

Apple Pie Nachos:
fried tortilla covered in cinnamon/powdered sugar
wedge slices of apples, covered in cinnamon/powdered sugar
cheddar cheese
vanilla ice cream
whip cream

but seriously, if you are going to a game in Denver, only order minimum food/drink at the ballpark, and eat/drink at the hundreds of places around the ballpark instead.

Yes please.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

USA stop being trash.

Woops meant this for D&D

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

In an absolute shocker, the World Baesball Classic is a complete clusterfuck when it comes to tiebreakers, and Adrian Gonzalez is pissed.

quote:

"They're trying to become the World Cup, but they're not even close to being the Little League World Series," he said Wednesday.

Gonzalez's Mexican team beat Venezuela 11-9 Sunday in Guadalajara, leaving both teams tied with Italy for second in Group D behind Puerto Rico (3-0). The World Baseball Classic Twitter account initially announced Monday's tiebreaker game would be between Mexico and Italy. But the WBC technical committee determined the tiebreaker -- runs allowed per defensive inning -- meant Italy (1.05) and Venezuela (1.11) advanced and not Mexico (1.12).
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ico-elimination

e: lol

quote:

Gonzalez said he spoke with Kim Ng, Major League Baseball's senior vice president for baseball operations, and was told the WBC technical committee was not responsible for the information disseminated on Twitter by the WBC and MLB.

"You're MLB! What do you mean you're not accountable?" Gonzalez said he responded.

Dodgers teammate Joc Pederson walked up to the crowd of reporters around Gonzalez and said: "Unbelievable, huh? What kind of rules are those?"

"Mexico! Mexico! Mexico!" Pederson chanted loudly.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Adrian Gonzalez....mad?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Joc Pederson lol, that's great.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Fell into a Wikipedia hole that led to the last years of the Expos and realized I had totally forgotten the MLB tried to kill the Twins alongside them.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

one of my buddies was a huge twins fan and went down to a small protest outside the chicago hotel where the meetings were happening, but the guy who got all the attention was, if my memory serves me right, an expos guy dressed like a robot

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 16, 2017

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Finally! god drat petco

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

Paracaidas posted:

Aramark is trash.

I work for Aramark.

Aramark is trash.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Fell into a Wikipedia hole that led to the last years of the Expos and realized I had totally forgotten the MLB tried to kill the Twins alongside them.

And it had nothing to do with Bud Selig's daughter owning the territorial rival Milwaukee Brewers.

Nope! Not a thing. *whistles*

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I'm planning an art project where I attempt to replicate a likeness of one of Bud Selig's sculpted bronze busts that will be displayed in Cooperstown. Except instead of bronze I plan on leaving a huge mound of taffy in the sun until it melts enough to bear a close resemblance and then spray it with that antique bronze rust-oleum.

Currently trying to figure out how to deal with the ants, which will be a pretty big issue.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

And it had nothing to do with Bud Selig's daughter owning the territorial rival Milwaukee Brewers.

Nope! Not a thing. *whistles*

It was also convenient that he removed his colluding stain from the ownership pool by getting that promotion to be commissioner.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
N: To the surprise of no one, Jose Fernandez was determined to be driving when his boat crashed, killing everyone on board.

quote:

Investigators made the conclusion because the physical damage to Fernandez’s body matched the damage on the boat’s center console. His DNA was also found on the throttle and steering wheel.

V: *flips the "days without Jose Fernandez-related feelings" counter back down to 0* :smith:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Well that's awful news.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

If you're going to read that, might as well get this one out of the way, too.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18898859

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
He was the drunkest one by far, too. What the gently caress.

• Locked thread