Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

LOL just watching the funny movies in this thread makes me think this game will be worse than No Man's Sky. Or maybe even Star Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Someone pointed out in the giant bomb chat that the eyebrows aren't being animated. Also that super bad DoF bug that just happened. loving yikes.

Edit: streaming here: https://www.twitch.tv/floorislava won't be watching chat or talking

Floor is lava fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 15, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

can't wait for the arby's tweet with a sara ryder made out of cardboard that manages to have more facial expressions than the actual character in game

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
They were so focused on the DoF bug they totally ignored anything Cora had to say. Fuckin' :lol:

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
What's with the eyes going all horizontal gaze nystagmus continually. This is some freaky rear end poo poo. Whoever animated this thing needs to get hired on as an animator in an upcoming psychological horror

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

GreenBuckanneer posted:

whoever has this early can you stream it thanks

GiantBomb is streaming it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9fm_54DboE

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game only has the story going for it right now. Dont gently caress it up Bioware!

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
How do you gently caress up animations this terribly after five years of development and ship it like this?

I mean don't get me wrong I'm thankful, these clips are hilarious.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

DoctorGonzo posted:

This game only has the story going for it right now. Dont gently caress it up Bioware!

Hahahahahahahahhahaha

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
That room is huge!

Ryder should deal with a mutiny during the game

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

8-bit Miniboss posted:

They were so focused on the DoF bug they totally ignored anything Cora had to say. Fuckin' :lol:

what is the DOF bug?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

DoctorGonzo posted:

sorry dude

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

DoctorGonzo posted:

Have you been watching the stream? The story line and dialogue is worse than the animations so far.

Did Bioware hire all ex zynga folks after everyone left to work for a real company?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hahahah him staring into space while talking to the thing on the table

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Also, shitass hoodie

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Milky Moor posted:

it's surreal watching people saying 'well the only thing i want to play is the multiplayer and it's the only thing i even care about'

I have ME3 and couldn't get through more than 2 story missions. I pre-ordered Andromeda, because the multiplayer is "ME3 Multiplayer but with all the post-ME1 bullshit removed and more mobility". Mass Effect Multiplayer was that good.

Frankly I'm just laughing at all the games media going "the animations suck, and the dialogue is bad and the writing is bad and the UI poo poo" - did they never play a Bioware game before? All of that is classic Bioware since at least Dragon Age.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

The Unnamed One posted:

That room is huge!

Cerberus Ark arrives, hilarity ensures.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

The Unnamed One posted:

That room is huge!

Yeah for real, what the gently caress. It's bigger than the entire crew berthing area.

Edit:

The Unnamed One posted:

Also, shitass hoodie

Yeah it looks like this:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the lip syncing is SO BAD

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

DatonKallandor posted:

I have ME3 and couldn't get through more than 2 story missions. I pre-ordered Andromeda, because the multiplayer is "ME3 Multiplayer but with all the post-ME1 bullshit removed and more mobility". Mass Effect Multiplayer was that good.

Frankly I'm just laughing at all the games media going "the animations suck, and the dialogue is bad and the writing is bad and the UI poo poo" - did they never play a Bioware game before? All of that is classic Bioware since at least Dragon Age.

Lol oh ok. Sure.

Turn to page 67 in your deflection manual where it says, "Nothing can be done. Quit your job or ask for reassignment to the next EA game".

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cowcaster posted:

can't wait for the arby's tweet with a sara ryder made out of cardboard that manages to have more facial expressions than the actual character in game

same

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

DoctorGonzo posted:

what is the DOF bug?

Everything was out of focus and looked like the lens had vaseline on it while the camera was on Cora.

Edit: This:

widespread posted:

Star Trek Vaseline Cam is now a feature. :wtc:

That was in the game, the Giant Bomb guys confirmed that was not the stream but actual in game.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Utnayan posted:

Have you been watching the stream?

Sorry friend i havent.

I was thinking getting a ps4 for this game but maybe i should wait for RDR2 instead.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
does anyone else think a redheaded pale-skinned irish lass being called suvi anwar is a bit

uh

odd?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

DoctorGonzo posted:

Sorry friend i havent.

I was thinking getting a ps4 for this game but maybe i should wait for RDR2 instead.

No definitely get a PS4. For Horizon zero dawn.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

DoctorGonzo posted:

Sorry friend i havent.

Do not buy anything specifically for this game. It might end up being OK once it's been patched but this isn't a reason to buy a whole console.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Milky Moor posted:

does anyone else think a redheaded pale-skinned irish lass being called suvi anwar is a bit

uh

odd?

Why?

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

uh

odd?

In the future everyone hosed everyone or something like that

Basically the fuckbay is real

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The PS4 has some good exclusives, so it's a fair purchase, but yeah.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

The actual version of this is like a joke edit https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/842124856699281410

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Utnayan posted:

No definitely get a PS4. For Horizon zero dawn.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Sara Ryder looks a lot better in these scenes, not as Babby-like as marshmallow creep's av

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
holy poo poo, this game has ENDLESS cutscenes when travelling in the ship

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I'm playing on the Bone and no matter what I try my character's eyes look like he has done SO MUCH ACID. It is unsettling as all hell. If anyone sees me play this they are going to ask me why my character looks like a child molester.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

a primate posted:

Sara Ryder looks a lot better in these scenes, not as Babby-like as marshmallow creep's av

did... did you watch this link? are you serious? https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/842124856699281410

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

DoctorGonzo posted:

https://twitter.com/UndeadIrrlicht/status/842067763019558919

Stages of development.

Cora was made 5 years ago, Ryder 2 years ago the other thing was made last week.

I am crying with laughter irl

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Suvi's a Finnish name, Anwar's an Arabic name. Character is from Scotland. Yes, she's multicultural.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Cowcaster posted:

did... did you watch this link? are you serious? https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/842124856699281410

watching it again this has got to be a bug, right? the trial version of the game shipped with the facial animation rigging just completely turned off or something

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The voice work sounds really bad. Its like amateur hour over there.

Watch this for instance, i know its a joke but it sounds better and i dont know what the gently caress they are saying,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAmuItsZ0oA&t=312s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Default Sara Ryder was some programmer's dream match on Tinder. Nailed it.