Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I thought about it some more and I think the dead red robe holding the umbra staff was Lup and she transferred her soul to the umbra staff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Have you been watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid?"

"Th-That's not important."

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
The MaxFunDrive 2017 content includes a deleted scene from the Seeso show. It's better seeing it in retrospect after watching the show, because you gradually realize Griffin knew about the Clown Box beforehand.

I'm guessing donors will get the usual extra podcast within a week or so.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Bonk posted:

Griffin knew about the Clown Box beforehand.

I thought that was pretty obvious?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Justin and Travis have the same birthday????

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

inthesto posted:

Justin and Travis have the same birthday????

Yeah they make a big deal about it on mbmbam most years. This last year I don't think they mentioned it since their birthday happened to fall on Election Day and well...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Undead Hippo posted:

Working out whether the Bureau of Balance is destroying or concealing the artefacts is not a difficult question to answer, given the resources the players have available. Locate Object was cast by Merle all the way back in the Rockport Limited arc, and seems tailor made for the situation. But there are countless other alternatives, including the Drawmij's Instant Summons spell that Taaco cast this episode to scam Garfield. So the reason they haven't done these things is either because they don't care, or because they trust Griffin to take it somewhere cool and don't want to ruin it.

Someone cast detect magic in Lucrecia's office and the painting behind her desk was highly magical or something like that. I don't remember. Probably there though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Behind her pictures is a waterfall and behind that is a treasure chest and behind that is a bombable wall and

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

Someone cast detect magic in Lucrecia's office and the painting behind her desk was highly magical or something like that. I don't remember. Probably there though.

I thought the magic was just changing the portrait to hide how much time she lost in Wonderland but safes and hidden rooms naturally make their nests behind paintings so that would still work.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Deport The Irish posted:

I thought the magic was just changing the portrait to hide how much time she lost in Wonderland but safes and hidden rooms naturally make their nests behind paintings so that would still work.

Oh yeah, that makes sense too. Although I think the magic painting was fairly early on. I don't know how far he was writing ahead.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

They've had this queso/quest question before, right?!

I've definitely heard it before.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No Peacecraft this week. Griffin wants to make the next couple episodes special and that means more time.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPPkr6mdCoA
My favorite part of this one is the expressions, particularly the many faces of Horrified Taako. Illustrating Griffin as a single all-seeing eye was an i teresting choice, and it works because the artist manages to make even that very expressive.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I have absolutely no idea what the titular joke is supposed to be about. It's a total loving mystery.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm guessing based on the conversation afterwards, it's a Friday Night Lights reference. I was disappointed too.

In other news, look at this totally original video IGN did.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

I don't know why I read the comments, (and there's a guy with an unironically Nazi username in there) but they're getting poo poo on for this.

"toe to tip, this is intellectual property theft"

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm guessing based on the conversation afterwards, it's a Friday Night Lights reference. I was disappointed too.

it's FNL + Yu-Gi-Oh!, yeah, there's not much more to it than what they explain on the show I think

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Like, the McElroys don't have a monopoly on playing with character creators, nor were they the first, it's just the specific use of the word "monster" that goes over the line for this. I wouldn't be surprised if the word factory wasn't somewhere in the metadata to get that SEO.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Has anyone got a list of which streaming services have the TV show? I remember there being a whole bunch of different ones but it's proving surprisingly ungooglable, all I'm finding are articles about the show itself talking about it being on Seeso.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Organza Quiz posted:

Has anyone got a list of which streaming services have the TV show? I remember there being a whole bunch of different ones but it's proving surprisingly ungooglable, all I'm finding are articles about the show itself talking about it being on Seeso.

I think it's just Seeso, which you can use on PS4/Roku/whatever else. I don't think it's on other streaming services so much as a range of platforms

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Seeso is available through Amazon Prime but I think that's the only one aside from the stand alone app.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Thanks, that would explain why I couldn't find the answer myself! Must be getting it confused with something else or the fact that you can get it through Amazon.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, coach Taylor's motto in FNL was "clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose" so it was just a yu-gi-oh riff on that. I think Griff may have over hyped it a bit in the episode description.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
...well I thought it was hilarious

But then, I am almost exactly the same age as Griffin, so Yu-Gi-Oh was on when I was in elementary school and Friday Night Lights was on when I was in high school. So it hits the referential sweet spot for me.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I also did not get that joke. I think it hit pretty well for the bros though

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I loved the joke, but mainly because I know the two sources so the image of coach Taylor trying to coach some kid playing cards is hilarious to me

Hey, speaking of good animations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huVMV4LOpXg

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

The Schwa posted:

I think it's just Seeso, which you can use on PS4/Roku/whatever else. I don't think it's on other streaming services so much as a range of platforms

I don't think there is an easy way to watch it through a PS4

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

omg chael crash posted:

I was just guessing, I'm foreign so I don't really pay attention to those bits :saddowns:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

omg chael crash posted:

Subscribe through Amazon, use their app.

Will not fix the audio issues though!

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
It wasn't too hard to add to my Amazon account to watch on my PS4. You just need Amazon. And a device other than your PS4 to use to sign up for Seeso.

When you type it out it kind of was a hassle, yeah. :sigh:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Waffleman_ posted:

Boy, sure makes you greatful for what we have.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Does anyone know the MBMBAM Blue Apron code? Kind of want to give it a try

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It's usually mybrother.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hey I know we talked about the IGN Monster Factory ripoff but did we somehow miss talking about that it was done by "Destin and James" who looked like dollar store McElroys?

Was this a goof?

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
https://twitter.com/annuesafe/status/842133775815450624

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

So I'm almost all caught up with The Adventure Zone. I've listened to all the arcs, and I'm going back and picking up the random 'one-shot' eps that I skipped so I didn't lose track. The live shows, the bonus episodes, that sort of thing... (The wrestling one was amazing)

I've just noticed that the most recent Flop House version of TAZ is three-and-a-half hours long and I'm not sure I can handle it. I struggled through the first one where 'Scales' kept singing 'Blue' by Eifel 65 for 90minutes, I honestly don't think I can deal with that for three hours.

Is the episode good at all? Will I miss anything by just hitting 'Mark as read' and pretending it never happened?

No shade or nothing, I get that the Flop House has an audience... it's just not me.

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 16, 2017

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.

This is a thing of beauty

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Tears In A Vial posted:

So I'm almost all caught up with The Adventure Zone. I've listened to all the arcs, and I'm going back and picking up the random 'one-shot' eps that I skipped so I didn't lose track. The live shows, the bonus episodes, that sort of thing...

I've just noticed that the most recent Flop House version of TAZ is three-and-a-half hours long and I'm not sure I can handle it. I struggled through the first one where 'Scales' kept singing 'Blue' by Eifel 65 for 90minutes, I honestly don't think I can deal with that for three hours.

Is the episode good at all? Will I miss anything by just hitting 'Mark as read' and pretending it never happened?

No shade or nothing, I get that the Flop House has an audience... it's just not me.

If you didn't like the first one, you're definitely not going to like the second one.

It ends with a long rap by Eliot, and jesus it's every bit as awful as you imagine it to be.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Tears In A Vial posted:

No. It sets up a bunch of stuff and pays off, like, none of it. Skip it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

i love the stupid car boys mythos