Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I just pre-ordered this game for my PS4 Pro because it has guaranteed me bouts of pants-making GBS threads hilarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

watching it again this has got to be a bug, right? the trial version of the game shipped with the facial animation rigging just completely turned off or something

Yea it's pretty awful. I'm assuming the odds of a patch are slim because lol

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Cythereal posted:

Suvi's a Finnish name, Anwar's an Arabic name. Character is from Scotland. Yes, she's multicultural.

well, it would be bioware to put an arabic name on a character for the nice progressive point and then make her white and redheaded

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
WE GOT THIS

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Blind Rasputin posted:

Default Sara Ryder was some programmer's dream match on Tinder. Nailed it.

the face model:

what bioware made:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

First thing to do is put full helmets on everybody and and turn on the always show helmets setting.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The animation issues are way too big for a Day 1 patch to fix right?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

RatHat posted:

The animation issues are way too big for a Day 1 patch to fix right?

if it's a bug, maybe not.

if those are the animations they spent 5 years crafting, i think you're s.o.l.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cowcaster posted:

watching it again this has got to be a bug, right? the trial version of the game shipped with the facial animation rigging just completely turned off or something

lol

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Pfft who even uses their eyebrows to emote.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Anyone find a chill streamer who shows engineer or infiltrator?
I'd like to see some drone/turret action, those skills look more appealing than bionics tbh.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Milky Moor posted:

well, it would be bioware to put an arabic name on a character for the nice progressive point and then make her white and redheaded
I know a pale Irish guy named Sharif, but point haha

It does seem like they often have kind of a disconnect between the writing team and the character artists (eg boobs getting bigger each game, Ashley's ME3 makeover)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

the face model:

what bioware made:

*programmer looks at sara in game*

nailed it

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
1) Its probably not a bug

2) The only part that really gets me is the eyes. The rest of the face stuff is honestly pretty whatever, but the eyes are bugfuck crazy and distracting in a really weird way.

:psyduck:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cowcaster posted:

if it's a bug, maybe not.

if those are the animations they spent 5 years crafting, i think you're s.o.l.

I think this level of optimism is unwarranted. There's no way a simple day 1 patch type bug could be responsible for...this.

MP is this game's only potential saving grace.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

DoctorGonzo posted:

https://twitter.com/UndeadIrrlicht/status/842067763019558919

Stages of development.

Cora was made 5 years ago, Ryder 2 years ago the other thing was made last week.
ryder is very jacksonvillejaguarsfan.gif right here

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

the gameplay is guiding your guy between various objects to click on while scott ryder goes HMM WE CAN'T TURN THIS ON THERE MUST BE A PROBLEM

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

for all my negativity in this thread over the past couple weeks i still was genuinely considering paying the $5 to have fun with the multiplayer over the weekend but wow gently caress that noise good golly

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

also, the mission is totally horizon again. it's crazy.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Zore posted:

2) The only part that really gets me is the eyes. The rest of the face stuff is honestly pretty whatever, but the eyes are bugfuck crazy and distracting in a really weird way.

it makes sense when you know that autistic people have issues with tracking eyes unless they are cartoony, and the bioware fanbase is mostly autistic tumblr posters

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

dialog options when agreeing to help someone was 'let me deal with the kett' and 'i only want to help eos'

selecting the latter had ryder say 'turn the power on and leave the kett to me'

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Milky Moor posted:

also, the mission is totally horizon again. it's crazy.

I called that when I saw it last night. Same objectives and everything. Even has the guy hiding that doesn't want to help.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Holy poo poo the animations are hilarious on the giantbomb stream.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im still gonna buy this

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Lol remember Joker's bug eyes in ME3 and how they looked horrible compared to every other character? It's like they took his model and made it every human character in the entire game.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Norns posted:

Holy poo poo the animations are hilarious on the giantbomb stream.

their commentary is pretty savage, too

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

eonwe posted:

im still gonna buy this

to poop on

ill pay $5 to try tho

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

This game is shaping up to be a monster

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

eonwe posted:

to poop on

ill pay $5 to try tho

Same. I have to try the MP. I loved it in 3.

But omg the core game looks like a turd sandwich

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

A BIG loving BLUNT posted:

This game is shaping up to be a monster

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

holy gently caress that guy's voice sounds like 20 years older than that character looks

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
This game does not look good hahahahahaha.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this is the part where people who spent months talking about how this game will be bad and how much they hate everything else bioware has done play the game so they can complain about it

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

the face model:

what bioware made:

lmao how

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
What was the name of that horror movie with John Cusack where he and others were stuck at a motel with some people and there was a serial killer on the loose, and in the end, it turned out he was in a mental hospital with 8 personalities and was a big scary looking guy, and his eyes kept flicking left to right all over the place? That is the eye animation to a T.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Utnayan posted:

What was the name of that horror movie with John Cusack where he and others were stuck at a motel with some people and there was a serial killer on the loose, and in the end, it turned out he was in a mental hospital with 8 personalities and was a big scary looking guy, and his eyes kept flicking left to right all over the place? That is the eye animation to a T.
John Mirror

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cams posted:

this is the part where people who spent months talking about how this game will be bad and how much they hate everything else bioware has done play the game so they can complain about it

i thought it would be cool but im willing to admit im wrong

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
god the animations look like they came from a $15 steam greenlight game

hoping the gameplay is at least fun though

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just watched some of the stream and good lord the game looks bad.

I just took this picture on my r7 260x

Bioware doesnt have a excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

eonwe posted:

i thought it would be cool but im willing to admit im wrong
well it's a good thing that it doesn't matter whether or not this video game is good or bad because it is a video game you either buy it and play it or don't and everything else is just whining about toys on the internet