Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

"Oh hey! A chest buried in the ground. Let me get that right out of there with Magnesis."

"Oh. Magnesis doesn't work? Stasis then."

"No stasis either huh? That's odd. I'll just whack it a fe......"

"HOLY gently caress A OCTO-MIMIC"

goty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My immersion. :(

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Cojawfee posted:

I'm assuming there are multiple, this is the one I found: There is a fruit cake recipe in what seems to be a library. I entered the castle through the docks mentioned by either that quest giver or the one who wants the royal guard series stuff. Go up all the stairs until you have to move a metal bookcase and there's a recipe book on a table in there. You have to actually make the recipe before the guy will talk about it.

There are 2 of them, I think, in total. I say "I think" because iirc the quest completed just by finding one of them and going back to the dude, and then he paid bonuses after that. The two I found were in the library so there may be others elsewhere

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm not gonna somehow stumble across Ganon if I wanna explore a bit of the castle for some quests/items, right?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Mr E posted:

I'm not gonna somehow stumble across Ganon if I wanna explore a bit of the castle for some quests/items, right?

Ganon's at the highest point, you'll know you're close when the sky turns red.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mr E posted:

No. Its pretty obvious where Ganon is simce they give you a minimap with a blinking 'Ganon is here' dot.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
If you're especially worried just don't proceed into the Sanctum. I was kinda nervous when I got close that I was gonna accidentally trip the fight.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Should I be able to interact with this blue torch altar thing above Hateno? I mean, I can't... but it looks very "intentional" as a set piece.

Ed: never mind lol

Feenix fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 15, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Where's the royal guard gear?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Feenix posted:

Should I be able to interact with this blue torch altar thing above Hateno? I mean, I can't... but it looks very "intentional" as a set piece.

There's a quest involving it. I think the first quest you have to do once you reach the Hateno lab.

Calaveron posted:

Where's the royal guard gear?

Scattered around, mostly inside the castle in a couple specific rooms. Note there's no armor, just weapons (and maybe shields, don't remember if I ran into those or not).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mega64 posted:

There's a quest involving it. I think the first quest you have to do once you reach the Hateno lab.

Scattered around, mostly inside the castle in a couple specific rooms. Note there's no armor, just weapons (and maybe shields, don't remember if I ran into those or not).

There are shields, yes.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So where do you get the rubber fish set? I was only able to find the helmet as a quest reward.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Do I actually have to read the royal cookbooks or can I just make the recipes and give it to that dumb moron? I'm too lazy to gently caress around the castle anymore unless absolutely necessary

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

So where do you get the rubber fish set? I was only able to find the helmet as a quest reward.

I think they're in shrines

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

The other two are Shrine rewards.

Dizz posted:

Do I actually have to read the royal cookbooks or can I just make the recipes and give it to that dumb moron? I'm too lazy to gently caress around the castle anymore unless absolutely necessary

You supposedly have to read them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dizz posted:

I don't really know. I read one of the books but that did nothing for the quest. I talked to the guy after reading the book and nothing happened. I made the item and that also did nothing for the quest. I talked to him while having the item in my inventory and that finally updated and completed the quest. The game gave no indication that reading the book did anything as I had to remember the recipe myself.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
alright gently caress this where exactly can Kass be found? I've done Gerudo tower, the West Nacuda (or was it East) shrine, the treasure chest on some islands south of Hateno, the shrine where you have to ride a certain animal, and the one where you need to shoot an arrow through two holes in one shot

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What the hell is the point of the long throw perk if the weapon breaks after one throw anyways

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Beat the game just now, credits are still rolling.
First phase of fight was loving fantastic holy poo poo. Calamity Ganon looked loving scary and he was basically a final exam re all your skills and fighting techniques. Darkbeast Ganon was a huge steaming disappointment though. He looked very cool, but he was just a glorified target practice with no pressure or danger at all.
This is what I was hoping the final boss would be like, spoilered just in case
First phase would be pink fart cloud ganon, which afterwards would reform into human Ganondorf wielding the trident/spear, who would then transform into giant japanese demon-like Ganon
Oh well, I still didn't explore a lot of the castle so I'll get in on that later. For now it was a fantastic game worthy of being called the best Zelda ever

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

ugggh gently caress that "cast a cold shadow" puzzle

spent way too long trying to roll snowballs down the hill, "surely those wouldn't be here if it wasn't part of it"

e:

I got lucky with it coming up fairly quickly since I'd killed a bunch of stuff since the last one, but most blood moons for me have either been "I don't realize it's happening until it's 15 minutes to and everything goes red" because it's overcast or the moon's hidden behind a mountain or some poo poo, or "2:30 PM? WHAT A TERRIBLE TIME FOR A CURSE"

You can use a Ice Sword to solve that too

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also they totally should've let you keep the Golden Bow

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm really enjoying the twists on a lot of these characters. Revali really caught me off guard by being an unrepentant, snarky dick to the very end of his sequence.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Rito dungeon is really cool but man the build-up is pretty lame compared to the build-up to the Zora dungeon. The path there is relatively safe and once you get to the village you basically just need to do a short minigame and you go straight to the Divine Beast.They even just give you the bomb arrows instead of making you go out on a trip to stock up on them. If I hadn't done the optional trek up Hebra mountain beforehand this would've felt like nothing at all.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

You can use a Ice Sword to solve that too

You know, I tried an ice arrow and it had no effect so an ice sword working instead is just a dick move

at least the duration between "desperately fire an arrow" and "realizing why the puddles were there" was only like two minutes so I guess it could be worse

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Augus posted:

The Rito dungeon is really cool but man the build-up is pretty lame compared to the build-up to the Zora dungeon. The path there is relatively safe and once you get to the village you basically just need to do a short minigame and you go straight to the Divine Beast.They even just give you the bomb arrows instead of making you go out on a trip to stock up on them. If I hadn't done the optional trek up Hebra mountain beforehand this would've felt like nothing at all.

Hell, that minigame took me less than 10 seconds on the timer. I was expecting a lot more from the whole thing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You can go back and play the minigame later but I dunno what the reward for a perfect score is. It's just rupees for a good but not perfect score.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

You know, I tried an ice arrow and it had no effect so an ice sword working instead is just a dick move

at least the duration between "desperately fire an arrow" and "realizing why the puddles were there" was only like two minutes so I guess it could be worse

You think that's dumb I thought the "pedestal" meant the two spires protruding from the nearby mountain top and I spent so long trying to figure out what to do and swearing up and down that they were glowing
Then I figured that they looked like a sundial and their shadow ended up pointing me to a nearby, unrelated shrine so that was also very cool.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Echophonic posted:

I'm really enjoying the twists on a lot of these characters. Revali really caught me off guard by being an unrepentant, snarky dick to the very end of his sequence.

I hate him so much. How can you be so smug when you're loving dead? He even poses when you use his power :mad:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Yeah the only two likeable champions were Urbosa and Daruk, and Daruk's power was intensely situational so it doesn't even have that going for it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I like Mipha

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I hate him so much. How can you be so smug when you're loving dead? He even poses when you use his power :mad:

I thought it was great after all this time, I do have to admit... Link is a lucker dog!!! hahahaha!!!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Calaveron posted:

Yeah the only two likeable champions were Urbosa and Daruk, and Daruk's power was intensely situational so it doesn't even have that going for it

I like Revali and how much of a giant smug dick he is

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

I like Mipha

It's her voice and her incredibly nerd pandering personality which should be repulsive to anybody older than 15

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just wish Revali said "I guess I should be thankful!"

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Internet Kraken posted:

Ghost bird still smug as gently caress, Link isn't a ghost, but I am :smug:

Also, Kass is awesome and I love his theme, I better be able to find him chilling with that theme somewhere later.

KoB
May 1, 2009
What is everyone's favorite way to get money?

Alternatively, whats totally safe to sell that isnt used for upgrades?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

KoB posted:

Strip mine Death Mountain, sell all the jewels.

Diamonds can be a pain to accumulate so you might want to save those for some upgrades, but everything else is super plentiful.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

KoB posted:

A gerudo merchant wandering around Goron City will buy 10 of a random jewel for a higher price than you would get from a store. I don't know if you have to have beaten Vah Rudania and/or Naboris for her to show up.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I mean Revali being a smug rear end in a top hat is actually good for the writing because it made me feel something towards him rather than nothing.

Mipha made me feel like falling asleep. Urbosa just made me wonder where I'd heard her voice actor before. Daruk was okay though, I guess.

KoB posted:

Basically everything is used for an upgrade at some point. Just don't sell anything super rare and you'll be fine, since anything more common can be easily acquired when you need it.

I made most of my money throughout the game selling ore and elixirs. Amber and opal can be sold without concern. Topaz, ruby, and sapphire are also free to sell if you aren't using them for circlets. Elixirs are the easiest thing to make to sell for cash though. Just use a common critter like a cricket and mix it with monster parts based on how much money you need. It doesn't matter how powerful the potion you make actually is. The value is determined by what goes into it, and turning monster parts into an elixir multiples the value of each part. Bokoblin teeth are a good early game choice, and later on your can use lizalfos parts. If you really need a lot of cash, the parts of any boss will make for a great money potion.

The important thing to note about this is that it doesn't require much effort on your part. You just need to keep an eye out for ore and bugs to nab while playing normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Calaveron posted:

It's her voice and her incredibly nerd pandering personality which should be repulsive to anybody older than 15

Mostly the zora are really cute in this game imo