Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
despite the mobility options - the cloak dash, the jump pack, the blink through cover - the gameplay still seems to be huddling behind cover and shooting over the top of it, it's weird

like neither the kett nor remnants so far seem to have any way of forcing you to move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ok he's got a n7 slayer blink dodge now at least that's still in

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

It went down after I alt-tabbed but it still is unplayably slow. :negative:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

DoctorGonzo posted:

The voice work sounds really bad. Its like amateur hour over there.

Watch this for instance, i know its a joke but it sounds better and i dont know what the gently caress they are saying,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAmuItsZ0oA&t=312s

Hit the closed caption button on the bottom right of the video because it's goddamned loving amazing what the Voice Director is saying tho this lady. Holy poo poo.

He's kinda mean to her, and he's certainly not giving her ANY slack whatsoever. Haha it's fantastic. I think it's a gag reel thing, though - since she's a host on a web/TV show.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 16, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Cowcaster posted:

cora's vanguard charge is now putting her on top of the enemy in a walking stance

"Cora leveled up her Mario profile and got Goomba stomp."

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

FIND THE GLYPHS RYDER

SCAN FOR THE GLYPHS

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Milky Moor posted:

despite the mobility options - the cloak dash, the jump pack, the blink through cover - the gameplay still seems to be huddling behind cover and shooting over the top of it, it's weird

like neither the kett nor remnants so far seem to have any way of forcing you to move

Unless they flank you, which happens now and again. I've seen grenade like abilities come up in multiplayer, and in SP a Breacher can be spawned anywhere.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

space sudoku

Serf
May 5, 2011

Andromeda says that SpaceX was the first step towards living among the stars

preorder canceled

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

gmq posted:

It runs like crap on my 1060, less than 30fps when moving the camera on High. :negative:

That's discouraging. I have a 980ti which I think is more or less comparable to the 1060 so if you're struggling then uhhh uh oh lol

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

space sudoku but every time you mess it up it spawns enemies lmao

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Ayup, lookin' not too good. Faces were funny, though.

VVVVV: Buddy how else am I gonna find the time to work through my Netflix queue.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
First you do the jumping mini game. Then you do the sudoku mini game. Then you get to do the dungeon. Yay, busy work.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Funky See Funky Do posted:

First you do the jumping mini game. Then you do the sudoku mini game. Then you get to do the dungeon. Yay, busy work.

maybe games aren't for you, chum

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Yeah, maybe I'm just not hardcore enough to play sudoku in my space fantasy games.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i paid my 5bux for the trial of this possibly bad game

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

That's discouraging. I have a 980ti which I think is more or less comparable to the 1060 so if you're struggling then uhhh uh oh lol

The 1060 is roughly between the 970 and 980(non-ti). The 980ti is about the same as a 1070.

That said, a 1060 should absolutely not be struggling with a game that looks like this.

JacksLibido
Jul 21, 2004

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm not a hardware guru or anything but I'm pretty sure a 980ti is much more comparable to a 1080.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

eonwe posted:

good luck friend

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

eonwe posted:

let me know how the multiplayer is

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
That biotic blink thing seems kinda neat. The allied AI is, of course, terrible.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Just wait until the Tower of Hanoi puzzle!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

eonwe posted:

I paid 10bux to read people throwing a fit over this possibly bad game. Also yeah get your rear end into multiplayers and give me some flamethrower deets.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Biotics

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

JacksLibido posted:

I'm not a hardware guru or anything but I'm pretty sure a 980ti is much more comparable to a 1080.

980ti is roughly equivalent to the 1070 iirc.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

"Combat stuff is starting to grab me." Well that's something at least.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
This seriously looks like the non-enforcer third person shooter xcom game.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

eonwe posted:

i also did this and i'm downloading right now only it says 9 hours till completion and isnt it only meant to be online for 10 hours or is it the first 10 hours of the game?

eh, just wanna see how it runs on my hilarious system.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

eonwe posted:

Let's do this, fellow poster.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

FunkMonkey posted:

I paid 10bux to read people throwing a fit over this really bad game.

You are a part of history and this thread alone is worth the ten bucks.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

JacksLibido posted:

Between a 1070 and a 1080. The jump from the 9 to 10 series was pretty significant.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

marshmallow creep posted:

"Combat stuff is starting to grab me." Well that's something at least.

it definitely looked better once he was throwing some skills around but that was still in a chest high cover arena, it was the open area stuff that looked the worst

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Every time Ryder pulls himself up a ledge he grunts like he's fallen 20 feet to the ground.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Utnayan posted:

I lie awake at night afraid that paid video game marketing posters will kill me in my sleep.

Neat, I can change quotes too!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Every time Ryder pulls himself up a ledge he grunts like he's fallen 20 feet to the ground.

yeah. that got old given that he had to climb up like six ledges in a row. UNH. UNH. UNH. UNH. UNH. UNH.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Ainsley McTree posted:

Seems hard to believe considering Battlefield 1 ran at 60 fps on High / Ultra on my old 780.

On the other hand, Bioware :shrug:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

You should be fine. Maybe not on launch because optimization lol but we'll see as more reports come in wrt performance.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

"it'd make so much more sense if we saw them fleeing a war-torn galaxy"

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

it definitely looked better once he was throwing some skills around but that was still in a chest high cover arena, it was the open area stuff that looked the worst
Yea- The story stuff is pretty much a write-off at this point, but the MP looks legit:
https://www.twitch.tv/starbuck2190 - She's experienced at ME3MP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

FallenGod posted:

Seems hard to believe considering Battlefield 1 ran at 60 fps on High / Ultra on my old 780.

On the other hand, Bioware :shrug:

My video card is the stated minimum at this point, so wish me luck.