Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Some guy dry-heaved during the eyeball scene. It was so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Motoko Kusanagi is a pretty Japanese name

I hope because she's a cyborg she doesn't get cold :ohdear:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

If my hip was hanging out like that I'd be cold as gently caress.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Neon Demon is one of the funniest films I've ever seen but literally nobody apart from one other person in the cinema was laughing.

It was SO obviously supposed to be not taken seriously. We had a few walkouts during the necrophilia scene.

Similar experience, except there was nobody else in the theater period.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's one pretty dude

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
ENDLESS TRASH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZlYGjSaVg

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Neil Breen wants your money for his newest film!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zYLNK1SOMs

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
That Scarlet Johnson movie looks dumb as dog poo poo so instead of pointing out that anime is retarded trash for gay babies for the millionth time, let's instead reach out to anime fans and embrace the fact that for the first time in ages we have found common ground. It's time to heal the old divides in this country.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

This is just another stupid remix of RLM stuff isn't it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

That Scarlet Johnson movie looks dumb as dog poo poo so instead of pointing out that anime is retarded trash for gay babies for the millionth time, let's instead reach out to anime fans and embrace the fact that for the first time in ages we have found common ground. It's time to heal the old divides in this country.

No.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Will it be worse than "Lucy"?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
is the naked-looking-suit part of the original anime, because it looks dumb as hell.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I am more annoyed that they seem to be doing an extremely generic Hollywood plot for this movie instead of adapting the original plot

which is bad

I dunno man you could probably scour the globe for the biggest anime weirdos in existence to produce it and spend a decade and a billion dollars designing the perfect live action adaptation of it and nerds would still be upset and throwing a hissy fit because their nostalgia for a children's cartoon can never be recaptured.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

You know what? That's honestly my take too. Ghost in the Shell was an animated masterpiece.

"The word Masterpiece died today. It was 440 years old. It is survived by it's offspring "Haha" and "What the gently caress is wrong with you"

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

monster on a stick posted:

This is just another stupid remix of RLM stuff isn't it

Another? Is this a thing?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

FrensaGeran posted:

Another? Is this a thing?

After the first Nerd Crew, someone did a mashup/remix/whatever the gently caress it's called these days between them and whatever videopodcast they were mocking (Collider?) It got hits so since then it's become a thing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

monster on a stick posted:

After the first Nerd Crew, someone did a mashup/remix/whatever the gently caress it's called these days between them and whatever videopodcast they were mocking (Collider?) It got hits so since then it's become a thing.

It's by the same guy. I don't know if anyone else does this.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Space Crabs posted:

their nostalgia for a children's cartoon can never be recaptured.

Ghost in the Shell is definitely not appropriate for children

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Entropic posted:

is the naked-looking-suit part of the original anime, because it looks dumb as hell.

Well technically if you cross reference it with the manga. The suit was just another feature of her cyborg bod... Ahh you got me, I'm a dumb nerd who likes this stuff.
But seriously she was just naked in the anime because it's anime the tits need a motivation to be on screen.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Ghost in the Shell is definitely not appropriate for children

All anime is for children, or the child-minded.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Entropic posted:

No, she just had a nude robot body. I think the suit in the movie is supposed to be her robot body, but it doesn't look like a robot body. It looks like a suit.

In theory, a live-action adaptation of Ghost in the shell isn't a bad idea. But it should try to be it'ss own thing and get as far away from the other adaptations as possible. Not try to half-heartedly recreate in CGI images and scenes that were done by one of the best directors of animation ever.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Baronjutter posted:

child-minded.

Is this the new code word now that everyone knows that ephepophile is as bad?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ghost in the Shell is gonna be absolute garbage. You can quote me on this in a few weeks. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

Sefiros
Mar 16, 2006

go radish go

Ghost in the Shell is gonna be absolute garbage. You can quote me on this in a few weeks. I have absolutely no doubt about that.

The music might be good.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Guy Goodbody posted:

No, she just had a nude robot body. I think the suit in the movie is supposed to be her robot body, but it doesn't look like a robot body. It looks like a suit.

In theory, a live-action adaptation of Ghost in the shell isn't a bad idea. But it should try to be it'ss own thing and get as far away from the other adaptations as possible. Not try to half-heartedly recreate in CGI images and scenes that were done by one of the best directors of animation ever.

show the clip where she tries to catch the roadrunner on her ACME Rocket Skis

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Sefiros posted:

The music might be good.

https://twitter.com/GhostInShell/status/838479496390967297

garbage

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh my gawwwwwwwwwd

Sefiros
Mar 16, 2006

go radish go

Well, yes, that is the worst, but Clint Mansell is doing the score, so that might be interesting.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Sefiros posted:

Well, yes, that is the worst, but Clint Mansell is doing the score, so that might be interesting.

Has he done anything good lately? I haven't kept up with his work at all, but his soundtrack to The Fountain is one of my all time favorites.

(I even actually liked that movie)

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Sefiros posted:

I hope so. The score to the 1995 film was amazing, it would be a shame if the one for this one was mediocre.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Voice talent provided by Octodad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Entropic posted:

Has he done anything good lately? I haven't kept up with his work at all, but his soundtrack to The Fountain is one of my all time favorites.

The first time I watched The Fountain I thought it was one of the worst, most pretentious pieces of poo poo I'd ever seen.

Watched it again last year and absolutely loved it. Weird!

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Entropic posted:

Moon was good, imo. I can't remember anything from Black Swan, musically.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

The first time I watched The Fountain I thought it was one of the worst, most pretentious pieces of poo poo I'd ever seen.

Watched it again last year and absolutely loved it. Weird!

I saw it on the big screen without knowing anything about it beforehand except that it was by Darren Aronofsky, and I'm glad I wasn't influenced by all the terrible reviews going in.

It's a weird movie that's "arty" in the best and worst ways and I can totally see how people hated it, but if you just take it for what it is, a weird abstract meditation on death, it's a really beautiful film. And the soundtrack is at least half of what makes it work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADI7AQhj1U8

Giga Gaia posted:

Moon was good, imo. I can't remember anything from Black Swan, musically.

He seems to have done a bunch of movies where his score is completely integral to the film (Requiem For a Dream, The Fountain, Moon,..) and a bunch where you wouldn't even know he'd scored it if you didn't look it up (The Wrestler...)

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Oh man, I love that Requiem for a Dream score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVIRcnlRKF8

Songs that build up, gradually getting more and more intense are the best.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

powerful sex moves posted:

Oh man, I love that Requiem for a Dream score.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVIRcnlRKF8

Songs that build up, gradually getting more and more intense are the best.

i havent seen this movie in a long time but i listen to the soundtrack quite often. its great

edit
lol actually clicked on the vid posted and it is def not on the soundtrack

Hackers film 1995 fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 16, 2017

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

most of the music in Black Swan is just music from the Swan Lake ballet which the ballet in the movie is about that Mansell altered a bit. There's some Chemical Brothers music in that movie as well. I remember the club scene with that specifically.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

i havent seen this movie in a long time but i listen to the soundtrack quite often. its great

edit
lol actually clicked on the vid posted and it is def not on the soundtrack

I might've posted the wrong one because I can't listen to it right now.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

This doesn't look good at all. What a surprise.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

nawcom posted:

There's some Chemical Brothers music in that movie as well.

Darren Aronofsky is basically the Wachowskis if they were better at writing and directing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope the Ghost in the Shell movie is a success so we get a big budget, live action Lain movie. Lain will also be played by Scarlett Johansson

• Locked thread