Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if it'll run on an xbox one or a regular ps4 the only explanation for it not running on a 1060 is a lovely port

that said, they were running it on a ps4 pro and one guy mentioned he was still disappointed with some of the framerate drops early in the stream, so maybe it doesn't really run on an xbox one or ps4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

A BIG loving BLUNT posted:

Peebee's gun is still shoots backwards

We are truly blessed.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I've been watching this for like 2 minutes now and can't stop laughing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i will give you all my multiplayer impressions

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
where did all the mass effect 2 writers go?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

eonwe posted:

i will give you all my multiplayer impressions

My multiplayer impressions:

"Black guys play multiplayer like this! But white guys play multiplayer like this!"

"Do you ever wonder what would it look like if Bill Clinton played multiplayer? Well I think it'd look a little like this..."

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

gmq posted:

It runs like crap on my 1060, less than 30fps when moving the camera on High. :negative:

lmao

guess it's PS4 for me then

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

This doesn't make me laugh as much as the one a couple pages ago of Cora walking away, but it is starting to look as though game . . . bad?

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

does anyone actually enjoy collectables/crafting systems in AAA games? in 99% of implementations it just seems like a low-effort feature to pad length. the last one i liked was fallout 4 iirc and that's probably only because my brain's slightly broken

homullus posted:

This doesn't make me laugh as much as the one a couple pages ago of Cora walking away, but it is starting to look as though game . . . bad?

nah it's worse, game mediocre. and game dev seems to have regressed in pure technical ability to make game

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

A Mass Effect actor and his in-game counterpart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZKd8WXVNjc&t=77s

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hedrigall posted:

My multiplayer impressions:

"Black guys play multiplayer like this! But white guys play multiplayer like this!"

"Do you ever wonder what would it look like if Bill Clinton played multiplayer? Well I think it'd look a little like this..."

lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Generic Monk posted:

does anyone actually enjoy collectables/crafting systems in AAA games? in 99% of implementations it just seems like a low-effort feature to pad length. the last one i liked was fallout 4 iirc and that's probably only because my brain's slightly broken

Dragon Quest 8's was kind of fun?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Generic Monk posted:

does anyone actually enjoy AAA games?

Available evidence suggests: no.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Crappy phone recording:

http://i.imgur.com/U8YR6xE.gifv

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

homullus posted:

People just excuse this bullshit and go "it's Bioware, cute!" If you're going to launch a new experience or a new beginning or whatever the gently caress you want to sell it as, update the god drat game to look and behave like something current gen.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Generic Monk posted:

If the collectibles actually help tell the game's story, like in Alan Wake or Spec Ops, then by all means, that's good content.

Crafting systems though are almost always poo poo.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Didn't know they ported ME:A into the KoTOR engine.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Is the stream still up? I'm seeing it as private now.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Looks like you're going into bullet-time every third step.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Guys am I needing to cancel my PC preorder and get it on Xbone instead

or am I just cancelling it altogether

help me

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What the gently caress.

I was supposed to be shitposting not clairvoyant!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Cowcaster posted:

man, i hope everyone liked mass effect 1 combat because if the fight isn't taking place behind convenient chest high walls that's what you get

What does this mean?

And drat, cams is hardcore corncobbin' about people laughing at the way the game turned out.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Theris posted:

The 1060 is roughly between the 970 and 980(non-ti). The 980ti is about the same as a 1070.

That said, a 1060 should absolutely not be struggling with a game that looks like this.

Oh! I'm a hardware babby and didn't realize the "ti" part was that important. Well that's good then.

Can't wait to see those lips doot in sweet 60fps

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Arglebargle III posted:

What the gently caress.

I was supposed to be shitposting not clairvoyant!

She looks like a child that got into her mommy's makeup drawer, good lord.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

trash person posted:

help me

Cancel it altogether. People are taking about issues on Xbox too.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

trash person posted:

help me

Good luck cancelling it at all tbh. You'd have to get one of EAs reps to get in Live Chat with you and well...that's proving difficult.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Played a couple of hours of multi (effectively 5 rounds, in between crashing and wading through menus)

even bronze seems fairly difficult

got lucky with a loyalty pack and got a falcon and the blue girl with annihilation

the falcon is beast, and I used it on the sentinel which is a pretty cool class

the combat feels very off, might be related to bad connections - or maybe it's the new engine

pubbie vanguards die a lot

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

game as directed by zack snyder

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Is the stream still up? I'm seeing it as private now.

i think it's done

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

JBP posted:

People just excuse this bullshit and go "it's Bioware, cute!" If you're going to launch a new experience or a new beginning or whatever the gently caress you want to sell it as, update the god drat game to look and behave like something current gen.

I'm still holding out hope this game will be fun despite the flaws but yeah wow they should not have shipped a game with animations and graphics like this, it's pretty uggo. Like, worse than ME3, possibly. and it took 5 years to make it? yikes

Hopefully.........they have a good excuse

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Hey guy or gal who keeps getting a black box when they launch - uninstall Corsair Utility Extension, reboot, try again

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Drifter posted:

What does this mean?

And drat, cams is hardcore corncobbin' about people laughing at the way the game turned out.

if it's not explicitly "chest high wall" cover, the cover system has real trouble figuring out what counts as cover, so it boiled down to ryder and the enemies standing around in open fields basically hosing each other down till someone fell over

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

That straight up looks worse than ME 1.

How did this even happen

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

it is weird how any given sidequest in the middle of bumfuck nowhere in the witcher 3 has more production value than the entire opening of this game.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

black.lion posted:

Hey guy or gal who keeps getting a black box when they launch - uninstall Corsair Utility Extension, reboot, try again

PC master race

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Wait so I don't understand Origin refunds.

I preordered more than 7 days ago. Guess it means I'm locked in, huh?

Buckle up!

e: 57 mins til trial is finished and i see if my RX480 runs poorly enough to warrant arguing a refund anyway

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hamburger Test posted:

Played a couple of hours of multi (effectively 5 rounds, in between crashing and wading through menus)

even bronze seems fairly difficult

:mrgw:

Hamburger Test posted:

the combat feels very off, might be related to bad connections - or maybe it's the new engine

:whitewater:

Hamburger Test posted:

pubbie vanguards die a lot

:mrgw:

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Yea- The story stuff is pretty much a write-off at this point, but the MP looks legit:
https://www.twitch.tv/starbuck2190 - She's experienced at ME3MP

Unfortunately this is just a lady browsing menus and not playing at all

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

trash person posted:

Wait so I don't understand Origin refunds.

I preordered more than 7 days ago. Guess it means I'm locked in, huh?

Buckle up!

e: 57 mins til trial is finished and i see if my RX480 runs poorly enough to warrant arguing a refund anyway

Origin refunds say X hours from when you first start up the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

PCGamer: "Seriously, many of the systems feel like they don’t just fail to improve on the old games, but are actually worse."