Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Bloody Pom posted:

Instead we're going to get two DLCs and a big patch in the same week! :downsgun:

Three DLCs? I only follow CK2 and Stellaris, is EUIV getting a new DLC as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Torrannor posted:

Three DLCs? I only follow CK2 and Stellaris, is EUIV getting a new DLC as well?

Yes.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The upside down cross thing for "Catholic" Satanists I've been hearing about in this DLC has me giggling. In Catholic tradition, the upside-down cross is a symbol of humility before God and officially considered a more acceptable symbol of public faith and piety than the traditional cross.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Cythereal posted:

The upside down cross thing for "Catholic" Satanists I've been hearing about in this DLC has me giggling. In Catholic tradition, the upside-down cross is a symbol of humility before God and officially considered a more acceptable symbol of public faith and piety than the traditional cross.

HaIL sAtAn

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Various Meat Products posted:

You can move your capital to the default capital of your primary title. Form a different duchy and switch it to your primary.
I thought they disabled this for merchant republics? Guess I done misremembered as they say

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Cythereal posted:

I had no idea that is really cool

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Cythereal posted:

Yeah I feel like they should have gone with the goat pentagram, even if was first documented in the 14th century but at-least that closer to the time period CK2 covers then the inverted cross. The inverted cross which didn't become a satanist symbol until the 20th century. Would make more a lore more sense.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Why are goats satanic imagery anyways

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

verbal enema posted:

I had no idea that is really cool

Goes back to the death of Peter, Jesus' disciple and whom Catholics consider the first pope. When the Romans decided to crucify him, Peter requested to be crucified on an upside down cross because he believed he was unworthy of being executed in the same manner as Jesus. That's why

is a thing.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just wanted to say that this thread always brings me a ton of joy. I love reading about the bizzare rear end things that have happened to people in their game.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2

verbal enema posted:

Because all the goody two-shoes' of the world are sheep.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

verbal enema posted:

Baphomet was melded with the idea of Satan and Baphomet was portrayed as a hermaphrodite with a goat head.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Can't wait for the new changes to the factions. Elective monarchy being the unchangeable, de facto law across all titles is insanely punishing.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I had the 100% warscore but can't make peace bug while fighting for elective monarchy against the Carolingian Empire in CK2+. My ruler inherited the war when he was 21 and it went on until he died at 68.

Europe is a mess right now. Normal Christianity is at 0% moral authority and heresies are everywhere tearing Europe apart. I lost some holdings in Italy and France but for the most part I'm just chilling in Bulgaria eating popcorn. I even made a Brogomolist homeland in Italy to see what happens there.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Boy, something went weird in the Byzantine empire. I just noticed when the emperor wanted to marry my daughter.

Himeros III is a double Jarl off in Scandanavia. I have no idea how this random Varangian fellow ended up getting factioned in.

And he's Greek, how did a random Greek Varangian guy get generated anyway? That's the only way I can figure that he exists with no family.

EDIT: He's the leader of the Varangian Guard too!

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 15, 2017

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Elective monarchy gayness

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what actually qualifies someone as a sinner?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So what actually qualifies someone as a sinner?

The traits named after the seven deadly sins. Dunno if others like kinslayer or impaler or something count.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Cythereal posted:

Not that any actual Cathlolics I know know that. Of course, this is the American Southeast.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I accidentally ate my pregnant wife because I got her confused with my sister. Does Hallmark make a card for that?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TaurusTorus posted:

I accidentally ate my pregnant wife because I got her confused with my sister. Does Hallmark make a card for that?

This raises so many questions.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

If you think about it it's basically turducken

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
That's an impressive screw up. She wasn't pregnant with the antichrist, by any chance?

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

binge crotching posted:

Only if you become a cannibal and then eat an immortal.
can there even be non-player immortals? also, how does cannibal trait-stealing work? can i get the heritable traits that way? how does cannibalism even work nowadays anyway?

i havent actually played since summer, though i dutifully bought reaper's due so that i could admire it from afar. i suppose i should do the same with mnm :sigh:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

TaurusTorus posted:

TaurusTorus posted:

If you think about it it's basically turducken

loving lmao

E: I'm for real giggling like a godamn idiot over this post combo and people are looking at me funny. There's no way in hell I can explain what's funny so I'm just going "Nothing, just some dumb nerd poo poo"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Crusader Kings II: I accidentally ate my pregnant wife

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So is Monks and Mystics worth it? Because all I gathered is that it adds satanism or whatever, and I want a France run where I worship the devil.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

It is a great DLC that also adds in items like Jesus's foreskin and such.

Also what happens when you are a head of state, worship satan, and everyone finds out? Is it like just some opinion hit or like South Korea?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Grinning Goblin posted:

It is a great DLC that also adds in items like Jesus's foreskin and such.

Also what happens when you are a head of state, worship satan, and everyone finds out? Is it like just some opinion hit or like South Korea?

Huge opinion hit.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

If you're a satanist make sure your court chaplain isn't hunting apostates. :ohdear:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Bloody Pom posted:

If you're a satanist make sure your court chaplain isn't hunting apostates. :ohdear:

This is seriously important.

It helps if you start small and rock gavelkind. It's fairly easy to recruit relatively and relatively aren't likely to kill you unless they are directly in line which is also OK.

You know how when you convert because you are being invaded but none of your vassals do so you crush them, jail them, and wait for the next generation to declare war? It's like that only it's harder to educated the heirs properly.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I get mixed up sometimes, is Rollo making his bid for Normandy part of the base game or CK2+?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bloody Pom posted:

What if your court chaplain is ALSO a satanist?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Well I can confirm that the AI is doing a better job of maintaining secret religions than I originally thought. Granted, they're not as aggressively successful in their recruitment as the Satanists, but I can confirm that somebody that is a secret adherent of a religion can see the corresponding religious cult at least. In my secret jew game I had a ruler die and the heir was secretly jewish but not a member of God's Faithful (every time I tried to invite him he refuse) but once I took that character over I saw that God's Faithful was visible in the society screen just like Satanists and could be joined the same way (indicating that you're interested to members by clicking that button, just like Satanists.) I suspect that a lot of the people that I manage to make into secret jews but don't join the secret cult are probably already members or other societies like the Hermetics or something. I'm not sure, but I can't think of any other reason for them to refuse membership. Iunno man, I'm no good at this poo poo, I wish somebody who was would put in some work and update the wiki with the ins and outs of secret religions. I'm trying to keep an eye out on people who I invite/induct but refuse to see if their Learning is above 10 though (thus making them eligible to already be Hermetics.

But I have observed people join the God's Faithful without my direct actions, especially when I'm not the Herald. For what it's worth, when it comes to making people empathetic to your secret religions, I have the best luck with the "they were forced to leave loved ones behind" or whatever option. When it comes to actually inducting I have had the best luck with the "importance of community" option. And I say this having tried to tailor options to their highest stat as best I could but the two options I mentioned seem to work the best.

If anybody knows anything more than I do, especially concrete poo poo from the files, please share. All my findings are purely anecdotal and I think the secret religious cult societies are an extremely cool mechanic.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Soup du Journey posted:

can there even be non-player immortals? [...]

If you're an immortal, you can get an event where an immortal challenger appears. Some of the routes have them sticking around afterward.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Darth Windu posted:

I get mixed up sometimes, is Rollo making his bid for Normandy part of the base game or CK2+?

Base.

If I'm going nordic I'm "Nasty" Nantes so I don't pay attention to what happens. Can you make Rollo win?

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
How does Monks and Mystics/the patch play with saves in progress? I have a Britannia run I'd like to keep playing but with M&M if possible.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Darth Windu posted:

It's a CK2+ thing.
There's no scripting in base game to encourage it like there is for Charlemagne, Ghaznavids etc., but prepared invasion and settling adventurers exist to simulate it.

No Pants posted:

If you're an immortal, you can get an event where an immortal challenger appears. Some of the routes have them sticking around afterward.

I think other characters get the immortality quests if you've got supernatural set to all.

hand-fed baby bird
May 13, 2009

Walton Simons posted:

How does Monks and Mystics/the patch play with saves in progress? I have a Britannia run I'd like to keep playing but with M&M if possible.

No problems far as I could see. Just played the final hundred years of a game I started pre DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Excellent, I'll be buying soon.

Edison was a dick posted:

I think other characters get the immortality quests if you've got supernatural set to all.

I have a fair few immortals in my game but none have reached a silly age yet. I started this save pre-TRD so could be weirdness from that.

• Locked thread