Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Polsy posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571331

Just happened around the time master list updates got spotty for a while

So this part of the database is being repaired. Any recommendations for something similar to "Where there is Tension" or the Brits taking the Falklands back from the Argentinians? Or vice-versa :troll:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.
Does anyone know of any good Yakuza 1 and 2 LP's?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Beelerzebub posted:

I really liked the one Jamesman did of the first game.

Obligatory reminder to click the GIANT RED BANNER at the top of the page to see the videos.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Beelerzebub posted:

I am enjoying watching Mikeycp and Another Person's LP's of the series. They have played through Yakuza 1 and 2, which are on he archive and are currently on three.

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Thesaya posted:

I am enjoying watching Mikeycp and Another Person's LP's of the series. They have played through Yakuza 1 and 2, which are on he archive and are currently on three.

Thanks! I wanted a way to get the full story of the first 2 games before starting 3 because I don't have the funds to buy the first 2 at this point in time.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Beelerzebub posted:

I don't have the funds to buy the first 2 at this point in time.

You might want to keep an eye on them if you can. They were both recently reprinted at the price of a regular game.

Simple Simon
Dec 29, 2008

"Good sir, would you fancy a Salmon tartar?"
Anyone doing Breath of Wild yet? Probably not gonna get a Switch but wanna see it played.
Just with no talking over cut scenes but that might be asking for too much.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Simple Simon posted:

Anyone doing Breath of Wild yet? Probably not gonna get a Switch but wanna see it played.
Just with no talking over cut scenes but that might be asking for too much.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812707

A group is but if you're wanting less talking or no talking over cutscenes, then you probably won't find it there. It's pretty much four people endlessly talking.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are Strawhatno going to do it? I've fallen in love with their Zelda stuff.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Turtlicious posted:

They're doing it right now on their Youtube channel, as a stream with VODs.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Turtlicious posted:

I did stream some sidequests, but I also held a vote for if my viewers would like to see a full LP, and it was an almost unanimous yes, so we'll be doing one in the near future.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

ThornBrain posted:

I did stream some sidequests, but I also held a vote for if my viewers would like to see a full LP, and it was an almost unanimous yes, so we'll be doing one in the near future.

Will it be somewhat longform? As in, longer episodes per, sort of mostly like or even longer than Geop's LP of Windwaker? I feel like the games are sort of similar in how they lend themselves to LP-ing, but BotW might be even better for just rando exploration episodes. From the LPs I've seen so far, the game is seriously entertaining to watch, but the shorter episodes (with recaps?) of like

these guys are kind of annoying with a game that isn't dense or linear.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Nice piece of fish posted:

these guys are kind of annoying with a game that isn't dense or linear.

Great branding though. Got the little cartoon versions of themselves and a logo and everything!

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

judge reinhold posted:

Great branding though. Got the little cartoon versions of themselves and a logo and everything!

Oh, I agree! And the little soundbytes are amazing as well, I just think they'd be more fitting on a 30+ minute video, not a 14 minute one of which 4 minutes is recap and intro/outro. But yeah, they have some sort of video editing dude that really knows his business.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Hi, I'm looking for a LP group that runs bad games blind, filled with incompetent boobery, preferably in a streaming format that is later cut into smaller digestible videos?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Edit: wrong thread but still waiting for some idiots jacking robots or minds or whatever in bad games

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 14, 2017

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Hi, I'm looking for a LP group that runs bad games blind, filled with incompetent boobery, preferably in a streaming format that is later cut into smaller digestible videos?

I don't think any such group exists.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

MoominBiscuit and Supergraffiti had a bargain-bin PS2 games megathread (years ago, the vids are in a scattered playlist on their youtube channel "MoominGraffiti") that may be up your alley. They only beat a few of them, but they were funny vids, even though IMO a few of the games were made to look worse than they were due to the buffonery. I'll always stand by Dog's Life :colbert:.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

it's not exactly what you're asking for, but have you checked out RunButton? they don't do just bad games, but they did play every Sonic game (and there are some bad ones in there) and are still in the process of playing every Mario game. they're not always going in blind, but it's not like they're pro-strat mega gamers who do everything well either. they've played a lot of other games too, which you can check out on their channel (for example, doing Silent Hill 1-3 blind)

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

In fact, incompetent LPers don't exist.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

They're not on SA, and it isn't cut up into smaller chunks, but roughly every other week (the next one is tomorrow) Loading Ready Run do a stream on Wednesdays called Watch & Play where they play garbage games. The player is completely blind, and the other person curates and is mostly bind. You can watch archived videos on their YouTube archive, though more recent ones haven't been uploaded yet so Twitch VoDs are your best bet for those.

They do a lot more than that, as well. They do boardgames/card games, new games, a comedic take on gaming news, a live variety show, co-op games, MTG Online and more.

An older highlights video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acrdJpPGNm0

This week's trailer for their streams:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhgEewdNF3I

Onean fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 15, 2017

Simple Simon
Dec 29, 2008

"Good sir, would you fancy a Salmon tartar?"

ThornBrain posted:

I was watching some of your stuff. Looks good! If you're planning on doing Breath of Wild with no talking over cutscenes, I'm on for the ride.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

I'm not sure where to ask this so I put it here.

Does anyone have a link to DYNAMIC BLISTER?

Argona fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 15, 2017

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.

Argona posted:

I'm not sure where to ask this so I put it here.

Does anyone have a link to DYNAMIC BLISTER?

Have at it. https://bd.baldurk.org/1407

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Carbon dioxide posted:

In fact, incompetent LPers don't exist.

Hello

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Everyone on this forum is loving terrible. The best LPer was clearly valkhorn :colbert:

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
That guy was cool. I miss people like that. Came around, wasn't sure how to be entertaining or play a video game. Spent money to promote his channel I guess? drat, good times.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

nine-gear crow posted:

Everyone on this forum is loving terrible. The best LPer was clearly valkhorn :colbert:

I liked his Symphony of the Night LP. :smith:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

judge reinhold posted:

That guy was cool. I miss people like that. Came around, wasn't sure how to be entertaining or play a video game. Spent money to promote his channel I guess? drat, good times.

The LP forum has gone downhill ever since we lost him and Richard Gamingo.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Mega64 posted:

The LP forum has gone downhill ever since we lost him and Richard Gamingo.

He believed in the medicinal properties of drinking pee, truly. I thought he was kidding until I asked him about it during a rare meeting orchestrated by a third party and I got the most earnest yet slightly embarassed reply about how it "offers health benefits" I've ever heard in my life.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ThornBrain posted:

Yeah you guys rock when you're doing the full hype informative stuff. You guys are the Zelda Guys in my head.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
TIE Fighter is the only good LP.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Guys, you're forgetting a true classic: Khad's Thief LP!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I don't remember who it was. but there was a hilarious LP on this forum by someone who was breaking Link's Awakening.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Sefal posted:

I don't remember who it was. but there was a hilarious LP on this forum by someone who was breaking Link's Awakening.

Here it is!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Awesome! Thank you

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

tipping 40's and best friends sometimes

edit:

nine-gear crow posted:

Wrestling video game

also has anyone done pokemon conquest?

Herr Tog fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 16, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Anyone know of a Don't Starve LP that's relatively well done and isn't millions of videos long? All the ones on YouTube tend to be 100 ep sagas that's 90% people dying like idiots and getting nowhere.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pollyanna posted:

Anyone know of a Don't Starve LP that's relatively well done and isn't millions of videos long? All the ones on YouTube tend to be 100 ep sagas that's 90% people dying like idiots and getting nowhere.

Cknoor's got you covered

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4NqwycxAhIkY-z8xYKJ7b0k6 (Don't Starve 15 eps)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4NpnjjA3vwbLVvOrDhhwrmdT (Reign of Giants 3 eps)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4NpYXHVChnFBLP7p-c2JSpAb (Don't Starve Together Reign of Giants 25)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSJ6kwwJv4Nq5vGx6sFhiekmgwXXoIN4p (Don't Starve: Shipwrecked 3 eps)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Are there any playthroughs of Dawn of War 2, going full Corruption? Literally every playthrough I've seen on Youtube takes the goodie goodie route like some Emprah-loving loser. I wants me some HERESY, damnit!