Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you like me3 multi youll like this probs

its not mindblowing or really any better than me3 tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

where did all the mass effect 2 writers go?

they handed it over to another studio if i remember rightly, can't remember which one since i remember reading about sometime after me3, i wanna say vancouver but who knows. this game was made by the team who did the me3 multiplayer anywho and i got kinda afraid it would turn out this way. combat/multiplayer good. everything else = lol

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Mr President posted:

my recommendation is to skip this game and go play Nier Automata instead

but what if i don't like anime upskirt little girls

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Mr President posted:

my recommendation is to skip this game and go play Nier Automata instead

I'm edging toward this. I have Nier sitting on my desk but I'm still finishing Zelda.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JBP posted:

Are you capable of clocking human emotion that is not dialed up to a wacky SNL 10?

Yes, I'm not the one saying the game that's been designed for 5 years has impossible to read facial animations.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Turtlicious posted:

Ciri was supposed to be sad in that scene?

Christ.

See how characters can display emotions other than "blank void-stare"

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Milky Moor posted:

EXCUSE ME SHE'S A ROBOT AND SHE'S VERY MATURE

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Milky Moor posted:

I hate them, it's tolerable, go play the loving game.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
First impressions, game is fine. Lips are wonky at times but not so terrible that you wouldn't want to play the game ffs. Running on a 970 maxed settings and it's smooth as butter so.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Grondoth posted:

Also DA2 was a rush job and everyone knew it. When they started talking about another Dragon Age I remember being really surprised. They've been teasing this for like... what, 5 years?

I remember liking the combat system better than 1, so they managed to mechanically improve the underlying systems at least. So much of this game feels like a step back.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good Dumplings posted:

That is a bad animation though, you need to find something good as opposed to saying "everything else is bad so it's okay this one thing is total garbage". Find a good animation in Andromeda. It's a painful experience but I'm sure it's possible.

BUt this is the example being touted as the better of the two.

This is supposed to be Ciri being sad apparently.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

i don't know what you're saying, barons, this looks just like beast wars to me :shrug:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

new phone who dis posted:

I remember liking the combat system better than 1, so they managed to mechanically improve the underlying systems at least. So much of this game feels like a step back.

The combat system is pretty much the one improvement made in that game.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Turtlicious posted:

I mean the ME:A animations are closer to this.

ohgod the horror?

eyebrows are moving, moustache is moving, body language, arm gestures, yup argument checks out

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

...gently caress, that's why they all look normal to him, he's an IRL version of a character from the game :smith:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i fought in thr mass effect forum wars of 2017

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Tsyni posted:

First impressions, game is fine. Lips are wonky at times but not so terrible that you wouldn't want to play the game ffs. Running on a 970 maxed settings and it's smooth as butter so.

How much RAM do you have?

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
The headlines I saw on google news didn't seem so hot. i've been putting off the witcher 3 because i didn't want to get caught up in the middle of two rpgs - guess it isn't worth waiting on?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Is the loving combat fun, that's really all I care about. Can I get a definitive answer on this, because we've firmly established that the graphics are a joke and I couldn't give a wet poo poo about the silly plot.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

lol Ryder's eyes when she gets up. She's like loving Chucky.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Me reading this thread:

See the emotions I'm feeling?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ME:A's faces do in fact convey emotion is what I'm arguing.

Like, showing me other equally good animations is not going to change my mind?

Also slap tears on any face, and it's going to come out either sad, or happy crying.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

3Romeo posted:

i've been putting off the witcher 3 because i didn't want to get caught up in the middle of two rpgs - guess it isn't worth waiting on?

If you have the time to invest in playing then there's nothing worth putting the Witcher 3 off for. You might be one the very small number of people that just isn't into it but it's seriously the best RPG on the market.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Me reading this thread:

See the emotions I'm feeling?

YES THANK YOU

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Tsyni posted:

Do you have 8g ram? More/less?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

the big thing i actually don't understand having watched the stream is that, well...

why is this game set in andromeda?

like, beyond the whole ending issue

you could so easily have set this in a distant star cluster, in the systems linked to a newly-opened mass relay, and been the crew of some scout ship/colonisation effort that is forced to make the best of things after the relays are shut down/explode. what happened to the rest of the galaxy? who knows, without the relays there's no communication or travel back.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Funky See Funky Do posted:

How much RAM do you have?

black.lion posted:

Do you have 8g ram? More/less?

16gb, 6600k proc

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

The Witcher 3 was made in Poland, so they were able to get at least like twice the animation for their money. There was literally nothing EA could do to compete with the Polish menace.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
When is the last time you saw this kind of talk pre-release about a AAA game from industry folks?

http://www.pcgamer.com/we-have-mixed-feelings-about-the-first-few-hours-of-mass-effect-andromeda/

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Funky See Funky Do posted:

If you have the time to invest in playing then there's nothing worth putting the Witcher 3 off for. You might be one the very small number of people that just isn't into it but it's seriously the best RPG on the market.

Its combat is atrocious though. Man it made me bounce off that game like nothing else

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
In Multiplayer, are there still insta kill attacks from enemies?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

FunkMonkey posted:

Is the loving combat fun, that's really all I care about. Can I get a definitive answer on this, because we've firmly established that the graphics are a joke and I couldn't give a wet poo poo about the silly plot.

giant bomb called it "an average third person shooter"

the pcgamer guys basically said it's more ME1 combat than what the sequels "changed"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Gottapoopgottapoopgottapoop

Combat - Fun - Confirm/Deny

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Tsyni posted:

Same. Runs great on my 970 even though I was streaming. Game is fun so far.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Tsyni posted:

16gb, 6600k proc

Ugh if I have to buy more ram to run this well I'm going to be vaguely annoyed.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

LOL she's loving twerking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
lol at goons interpreting emotions