Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

HPanda posted:

Fuuuuuuuck, I have no native wall. And walls seem to not be showing up on banners anymore.
Thyrus is on basically every XIV event, it's on the next one too! And SG is on Keeper's Choice 2 and the upcoming Keeper's Choice 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Also these are dungeons accessed through the Nightmare portal, so it's very likely that the bosses will be gimmick bosses with piercing or buff piercing attacks who are immune to debuffs anyway, just like most/all of the Nightmare bosses.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Thyrus is on basically every XIV event, it's on the next one too! And SG is on Keeper's Choice 2 and the upcoming Keeper's Choice 3.

Yeah. The banners have all changed slightly compared to the JP ones but SG seems to be a constant. Between now in Global the time these Magicite dungeons come out, there should be 3 beginner banners that feature a wall, and the XIV Cid event:

Keeper's Choice 3 which let's you pick an Enelement SB, which is nice if you have a matching OSB.
Dr. Mog's 2 let's you pick an SSB that ranges in quality from Last Judgement Grimoire to Relm's Medica + High Regen.
XIV Cid Banner 1, also featuring Y'shtola's great BSB, meh SSB, trash USB, and debatable banner ruining Legend Materia
Dr. Mog's 3, which let's you pick a BSB ranging from Squall and Lightning's old BSBs and up to Cloud of Darkness's Radiant Shield BSB, and is now one of the rare banners that won't have Legend Materia on it for people who don't like them.

Zurai posted:

Also these are dungeons accessed through the Nightmare portal, so it's very likely that the bosses will be gimmick bosses with piercing or buff piercing attacks who are immune to debuffs anyway, just like most/all of the Nightmare bosses.

I think there was a livestream or something that hinted the gimmicks might be elemental?

edit:

It looks elemental, if you ignore Holy/Dark/Poison aren't being represented.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 16, 2017

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Alright, so at least there's some possibility of getting a wall then. Wish they would add the effect to modern relics, though. Or make it one of the relics that can be chosen on a Keeper's choice.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

HPanda posted:

Fuuuuuuuck, I have no native wall. And walls seem to not be showing up on banners anymore.

Walls are becoming way, way less important these days.

HPanda posted:

Alright, so at least there's some possibility of getting a wall then. Wish they would add the effect to modern relics, though. Or make it one of the relics that can be chosen on a Keeper's choice.

I think they regret putting it in the first place and having it be almost 100% needed for so long which is why there's all these piercing attacks now. They're working on ways to make it obsolete.

I have wall (from the last XIV event) and was so happy to finally get it only to realize I really don't use it that often and still just RW it instead. It really isn't as important as it seems, though it is nice to have the option if I need it.

Combo fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 16, 2017

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Ahhh wtf/ The highest crystal event costs 90 stam instead of the old 60.
It goes from 45 straight to 90. That puts a huge loving damper on my enjoyment.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Ahhh wtf/ The highest crystal event costs 90 stam instead of the old 60.
It goes from 45 straight to 90. That puts a huge loving damper on my enjoyment.

Why? It just means you have to hit the auto button fewer times for even better rewards.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

CaptainPsyko posted:

Why? It just means you have to hit the auto button fewer times for even better rewards.

Because I could do two runs before reset as opposed to 1.5 now?
Are drop rates and XP jacked up enough to make up for the increase?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
The Concert Hall loving owns.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Johnny Aztec posted:

Because I could do two runs before reset as opposed to 1.5 now?
Are drop rates and XP jacked up enough to make up for the increase?
They're more than proportionally jacked up. This orbfest has the best stamina/orb ratio of all of them so far.

PSA FOR THE THREAD: THINK TWICE BEFORE DOING ANY REFRESHES THIS ORBFEST, NEW DAILIES ARE COMING AND THEY ARE JUST AS EFFICIENT RE: ORBS IF NOT MORESO

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

They're more than proportionally jacked up. This orbfest has the best stamina/orb ratio of all of them so far.

PSA FOR THE THREAD: THINK TWICE BEFORE DOING ANY REFRESHES THIS ORBFEST, NEW DAILIES ARE COMING AND THEY ARE JUST AS EFFICIENT RE: ORBS IF NOT MORESO

By new dailies do you mean new daily dungeons?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
What dailys? When are they coming? Are they an always thing, or just during this event? How does the XP compare?

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Ohtsam posted:

By new dailies do you mean new daily dungeons?

Yeah, we are getting new daily dungeons soon. They replace the old dailies.

Also, only the highest level version for each type will have mythril.

Includes a xp dungeon on Tuesday and a summoning orb dungeon.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I finally pulled on the Lucky Draw and I got lucky, maybe? I don't give a poo poo about IX though. Was really hoping for more III or Tactics.

4/11: 2x Zidane BSB, Eiko BSB, Arc SSB

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

You got a great medica for III, insta-curaga with physblink is useful enough to bring him rather than my other twenty non-BSB medicas for a lot of fights.

Even if you don't care about IX it's a good pull to get two good stat-stick swords and Eiko's BSB.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Refreshes mean doing a completed orbfest again, right?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I was relieved to get another Medica, and Eiko's BSB seems pretty good. I'm not sure whether its worth combining the two swords right off the bat though. My current physical team only really has one sword user, but that might change.

I saw on reddit someone did a breakdown showing how even if you have 0 mythril now you'll be given enough to pull on all three lucky draws, so I felt confident enough in my stash to blow 25 mythril after all. I think I'll still have enough for two anniversary or additional Ultros pulls.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I finally pulled on the Lucky Draw and I got lucky, maybe? I don't give a poo poo about IX though. Was really hoping for more III or Tactics.

Eiko BSB is in the top 5 Medica BSBs in the game right now. It's exact place is up for debate but it's amazing regardless

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Refreshes mean doing a completed orbfest again, right?

No, it means spending mythril to restore your stamina.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

KPC_Mammon posted:

Yeah, we are getting new daily dungeons soon. They replace the old dailies.

Also, only the highest level version for each type will have mythril.

Includes a xp dungeon on Tuesday and a summoning orb dungeon.

And to be clear in how big is the revamp: the Summon Orb Dungeon is part of our new Thursdaily.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Eiko is maybe top 5 healer BSBs in the game. She's one of the squishiest healers though.

I still don't have a Zidane relic - him and Quina are the only IX characters that I don't have relics for, everyone else has a SSB or greater.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Eiko is maybe top 5 healer BSBs in the game. She's one of the squishiest healers though.

I still don't have a Zidane relic - him and Quina are the only IX characters that I don't have relics for, everyone else has a SSB or greater.

have one of my explodas. or butterfly sword. They're goddamn useless outside of stat stickdom.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

So I'm trying to make sure I'm not doing something dumb with my stamina during this orbfest since I don't want to mythril refresh - I can wait to do the new Anniversary missions until after the actual orbfest is over, and they'll still be half-off stamina for a few days afterward, correct?

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Holy poo poo the man with the machine gun remix is so good

E: big band reimagining of the highland theme is even better

Inge fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 16, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Inge posted:

Holy poo poo the man with the machine gun remix is so good

E: big band reimagining of the highland theme is even better

I'm kinda miffed the heavy metal version of the FF6 boss fight music wasn't in there.

I hope the Concert Hall sticks around permanently. I love it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

are the bonus half stamina cid missions for mythril going to rotate? the game says they expire on april 9th but i assume the same 5 aren't going to stick around for an entire month (unless they are?)

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Does sazh's bsb ever return? Cause I can't decide between trying to pull for that, or for noel's bsb instead. I really need to start stocking up high quality medicas and support user poo poo for the different realms, and both banners have exactly that for different characters.

I already have noel's 5* thief record cause a 5* thief with 4* white is prettys cool to me, and his bsb pretty much covers every base I'd want a support to cover. Sazh's bsb is a drat solid buff ontop of the support nonsense. Both banners have super good poo poo, but man. I can't pull on both and keep some mythril for the banners coming up.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Celes wallpaper: http://static.finalfantasyrecordkeeper.com/wallpaper/089209e6db12560a8a5928d753560013.jpg

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So I'm trying to make sure I'm not doing something dumb with my stamina during this orbfest since I don't want to mythril refresh - I can wait to do the new Anniversary missions until after the actual orbfest is over, and they'll still be half-off stamina for a few days afterward, correct?
That's my understanding of it as well. Orbfest ends April 3 while missions and half stamina realms end April 9.

Cowcaster posted:

are the bonus half stamina cid missions for mythril going to rotate? the game says they expire on april 9th but i assume the same 5 aren't going to stick around for an entire month (unless they are?)
I believe they all stick around rather than not being rotated. "Every 2 days they will add the mission. But the missions last till 10th October, so you have 5 days after orbfest ends to do it" was in one of the reddit posts about the JP missions.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Thanks for this. I assume it's part of the upcoming rotation?

Also, I'm having fun with the record missions. They're basically 1 or 2 characters soloing the dungeon but it's nice to use characters I don't use a lot.

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

Sprite141 posted:

Does sazh's bsb ever return? Cause I can't decide between trying to pull for that, or for noel's bsb instead. I really need to start stocking up high quality medicas and support user poo poo for the different realms, and both banners have exactly that for different characters.

I already have noel's 5* thief record cause a 5* thief with 4* white is prettys cool to me, and his bsb pretty much covers every base I'd want a support to cover. Sazh's bsb is a drat solid buff ontop of the support nonsense. Both banners have super good poo poo, but man. I can't pull on both and keep some mythril for the banners coming up.

I don't think sazh bsb has showed up again yet. I threw a pull at it (that animation), and ended up with vanille bsb (my first healer bsb) and lightnings enlightning 2.0. Ymmv.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Sprite141 posted:

It's generally ill-advised to chase just one item on a banner, but if you really want to I'd go with whichever banner has less dupes for you.

If that's tied... banner 1 has really great physical coverage and banner 2 has great magic coverage.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's generally ill-advised to chase just one item on a banner, but if you really want to I'd go with whichever banner has less dupes for you.

If that's tied... banner 1 has really great physical coverage and banner 2 has great magic coverage.

Well no, both banners have really good poo poo on them that I'd like. I might end up pulling on 2 though, for a shot at Raine's bsb and sarah's buff. I think I'll wait to see the ffii event's banners though.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Sprite141 posted:

Well no, both banners have really good poo poo on them that I'd like. I might end up pulling on 2 though, for a shot at Raine's bsb and sarah's buff. I think I'll wait to see the ffii event's banners though.

I did 3 pulls on XIII banner 1, as I really wanted all of the bursts. I ended up with Sazh and Vanille's bursts, which have both been awesome so far. I have Noel's burst from a previous draw and I don't use it that frequently, but your team composition may vary of course, I have a lot of debuff relics.

If it helps here is the next XIII event's banners (early July) shamelessly stolen from Reddit:

quote:

P1:
Lightning USB: En-lightning with EX Mode
Raines OSB: 3700% dark/holy, doom bonus based on doom timer
Jihl burst: imperil dark
Jihl SSB: ATK/DEF break
Recurrence of Enkindler, Meta Claw, Raines Model, Raines Glove, Meteorblaze
LM Relics of Lightning and Raines.

P2:
Fang burst-2 (en-wind)
Recurrence of Banescissor, BW Staff, Mistilteinn, AMP Coat, Battle Standard, Canopus, Punisher, Howling Soul. (No, seriously.)
LM Relics of Snow and Vanille.

I am personally planning on a couple of draws on banner 1, as it seems really solid for my remaining needs.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I kinda feel like I'd rather pull on these banners than those, by far. Ah well, sitting on my rear end and not pulling has yet to not pay off so I guess I'll do just that then.

Hey, how os the orbfest for exp? I know the new dailies are superior in terms of farming, but what about the exp gains? I still have some dudes who aren't level 65 yet.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Sprite141 posted:

I kinda feel like I'd rather pull on these banners than those, by far. Ah well, sitting on my rear end and not pulling has yet to not pay off so I guess I'll do just that then.

Hey, how os the orbfest for exp? I know the new dailies are superior in terms of farming, but what about the exp gains? I still have some dudes who aren't level 65 yet.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

I'm not sure what EXP is for the new dailies, but the 90 stamina orbfest has given out about 100k without any cactaurs, and Highest Possible XP (from three waves of Mini-Cactuar): 291,660

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Elephant Ambush posted:

Thanks for this. I assume it's part of the upcoming rotation?

Also, I'm having fun with the record missions. They're basically 1 or 2 characters soloing the dungeon but it's nice to use characters I don't use a lot.

I found this absolutely hilarious - my L99 Tyro beating the dungeon, while my other characters were all starting at L1 and each one had died by the end without having any effect on my ability to complete the challenge at all.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

something i've always assumed but never really checked up on: after you clear an orbfest dungeon once for the bonus goodies the only incentive to do all 3 stages is the little extra cash prize at the end, right? the appearance rate of cactuars doesn't go up or anything on the 2nd and 3rd stages? so it's better to tap out after round one to refresh your hones and health inside of diving all the way through

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Cowcaster posted:

something i've always assumed but never really checked up on: after you clear an orbfest dungeon once for the bonus goodies the only incentive to do all 3 stages is the little extra cash prize at the end, right? the appearance rate of cactuars doesn't go up or anything on the 2nd and 3rd stages? so it's better to tap out after round one to refresh your hones and health inside of diving all the way through

If you're at a stage where that's a problem then yes you lose nothing.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cowcaster posted:

The flip side of this is that honestly, if you've been playing for more than a few weeks you ought to be able to just auto allnthree stages and why would you turn down free Gil?

(In the past there have also been slight variance in the drop rate of specific orb types per stage. Dunno about this fest.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Not that I've had 5 people in a group yet for orbfest but I'm so glad i went and got all the +xp bonus RMs in anticipation for the orbfest.

Luneth's mainly, of course. My Orlandu has gone from 67 to 79 so far (in a duo with another character).

• Locked thread