Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

buglord posted:

If your CPU hasn't burned itself to death yet (and whyyyy hasn't it had a safety shutdown yet???) please reapply your heatsink/cooling setup, jesus christ.

so, this is bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
yeah fire bad

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

This is the only terrible animation that made me laugh.

The rest are dead eyes and flappy lips, but Ryder is bound to have a thousand-yard stare after I make her genocide the entire star cluster.

Trial just finished downloading, going to go play it and probably enjoy most of it.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Y'know I'm glad I can't run this game. $100 I could be spending on something worthwhile, like Nier Automata for my wife's birthday. :v:

Also :popeye: at those core temps, holy gently caress.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoctorGonzo posted:

so, this is bad?

holy poo poo turn off your computer what the gently caress.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Right now I'd take diaper walk animations and a melting CPU over loving Microsoft's idiotic VC++ redist bullshit.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good Dumplings posted:

yeah fire bad

for fucks sake

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Those are the kind of temps where your computer should be glowing red-hot and shooting off cartoony puffs of steam.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That dude is either our first ghost poster or Johnny Blaze.

ObesePriest
Nov 4, 2008
You should use this chance make some coffee or tea and use your processor to keep it at optimal heat level

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I hope you two just have hardware problems and this game isn't a CPU-melter or something

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Arglebargle III posted:

Yes, in addition to Liara there is now Peebee, who is also an archaeaeologist.

That's so loving stupid. I thought she was just another explorer/pathfinder or whatever.

Question: is "Pathfinders" an organization like Spectre was?

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Orv posted:

We had a fun bug the first time we tried to do a mission where the host's game hard locked, forcing them to force exit the game, then when the game migrated hosts the new host inherited the hard lock. Fun times.

Other than that though it's been a blast so far, it's basically ME3 MP with new enemies, new classes and you're not stuck on the ground with tank controls anymore. It's good. Is it $60 of good when the SP is by all accounts a worthless shitshow? How much did you like ME3 MP, because it's more of that with some much needed, life-breathing improvements.

I got so many hours out of ME3's multiplayer that I'm going to get this game, but with Nier and Persona 5 on the horizon I'm basically not going to touch the singleplayer if these early streams are an indication of the gameplay, it looks really loving bad.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Bloody Pom posted:

Y'know I'm glad I can't run this game. $100 I could be spending on something worthwhile, like Nier Automata for my wife's birthday.

My wife is playing that right now and this is one of those times I wish we had two PS4s.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

ObesePriest posted:

You should use this chance make some coffee or tea and use your processor to keep it at optimal heat level

Pour the coffee into the liquid cooling system :byoscience:

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Ainsley McTree posted:

I hope you two just have hardware problems and this game isn't a CPU-melter or something

I've got a GTX 970 and i5 4690K. I'm running everything on high with no hitching and my computer doesn't sound like it's going to explode.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

monster on a stick posted:

I'm not going to dig too much into Bioware employee history but it looks like John Dombrow is still working on ME, and Weekes went over to run Dragon Age. Those were behind the Tuchanka arc on ME3 which everyone agreed was the best part of the game. Does anyone have credits handy for Leviathan/Citadel?

If you look at the department leads for ME, ME2, ME3 and ME:A the only commonality is Mac Walters.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Is the music even good or is it just more ME3-esque grandstanding?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What is a pathfinder anyway?

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I've got a GTX 970 and i5 4690K. I'm running everything on high with no hitching and my computer doesn't sound like it's going to explode.

Yea but

how much ram do you have

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Arglebargle III posted:

If you look at the department leads for ME, ME2, ME3 and ME:A the only commonality is Mac Walters.

Ten years is a long time at a single company, heck it is a long time in the game industry.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Has this been posted yet

Because :lol:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Arglebargle III posted:

It appears to be the title appointed arbitrarily to untalented nobodies sent to planets where they might die.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Has this been posted yet

Is this real? I don't know what's real anymore.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Has this been posted yet

i wish that were real.

Glenn Quebec posted:

That's so loving stupid. I thought she was just another explorer/pathfinder or whatever.

i think its basicaly a glorified wagon train leader/guide but in space.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

I think they're the people you give all your fetch quests to.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

monster on a stick posted:

Ten years is a long time at a single company, heck it is a long time in the game industry.

I won't argue with you, but just googling people in the first minute of the ME trilogy credits suggests there's some truth to the idea of a lot of departures in 2010-2014.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Glenn Quebec posted:

Each ark had a designated Pathfinder, and their job is to find a habitable planet. So there are a few of them running around, and Ryder is the Pathfinder for the human ark.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Milky Moor posted:

she even has a line where she says something like "i've been studying remnant technology for six months and you're just using it instantly, ryder!" during the eos mission

That's literally like fifteen minutes for an asari, she just read the spacewiki page and is an "expert" now

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think its basicaly a glorified wagon train leader/guide but in space.

But also The Second Coming? Because going from the streams several characters act like the Pathfinder is a loving religious figure.

(Though I guess Moses might be a more apt comparison)

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Arglebargle III posted:

A space deity apparently from the people that react to Ryder.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does the Pathfinder answer to anyone or are they the Emperor of all humans now?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

More like "Pathfondler" right

because of sex

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

The Unnamed One posted:

But also The Second Coming? Because going from the streams several characters act like the Pathfinder is a loving religious figure.

(Though I guess Moses might be a more apt comparison)

I guess people need to be like "HOLY poo poo ITS THE PC" but when you compare Pathfinder (which isn't well understood) to Spectre (which you know is a scary space James Bond) it just doesn't make much sense. I've watched the first two hour streams and people react to Ryder like she's actually done something that isn't sleep in a loving tube for god knows how long.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Arglebargle III posted:

I won't argue with you, but just googling people in the first minute of the ME trilogy credits suggests there's some truth to the idea of a lot of departures in 2010-2014.

I'm not debating that, but counterpoint, you have a bunch of people who probably joined together when Bioware was staffing up due to KOTOR/ME/DA:O, and they become friends through the fire of shipping a game, and then about 5 or 7 years in people realize that they want to work in a place like Austin or SF which has a lot of game companies, or get tired of the long hours at low pay which is every game company, or just get tired of writing games and decide to double their salary by working at Google or something. And at any company, if there's someone whose best friends at work start leaving, I can guarantee they start sending out their resumes soon because I've done the same thing.

And then you have someone leave and John Dumbrow comes in and does a fantastic job, or David Gaider steps aside to run something and they move Patrick Weekes over from ME so he can run that franchise. Which I would have preferred it if he ran ME but I'm glad he's running something because he's a great writer and I'm looking forward to Dragon Age: Tevinter.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Vermain posted:

There's a really hilarious contrast between the tremendous amount of time and detail that goes into the planet zoom-in sequence on the galaxy map versus Ryder teleporting into and out of their car and shutting the door in a single frame.

This was a design choice that I agree wtih, for the most part. SPending 3-4 seconds of useless time sitting through an dis/embark animation is loving stupid as poo poo and it's good that it's gone. Of course, a half second animation of them hopping in and out would have totally sold it just fine, but :shrug:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Ainsley McTree posted:

Runs alright for me on 720p on my lappy. When I crank my resolution up I'll let ya'll know if my balls burn off.

Arglebargle III posted:

Glorified delivery boy

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

JBP posted:

I guess people need to be like "HOLY poo poo ITS THE PC" but when you compare Pathfinder (which isn't well understood) to Spectre (which you know is a scary space James Bond) it just doesn't make much sense. I've watched the first two hour streams and people react to Ryder like she's actually done something that isn't sleep in a loving tube for god knows how long.

It sounds like the job is to explore planets but surely you can be trained in that, it's not like everyone was going "OMG WHO WILL EXPLORE" and someone's application being rejected because they weren't a member of the Pathfinder Caste or didn't get a degree in Pathfinding at Grissom College (now part of the Claremont Colleges, apply today.)

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

JBP posted:

people react to Ryder like she's actually done something that isn't sleep in a loving tube for god knows how long.

Seriously, when all I do is sleep in a tube, people won't shut up about how I am "leeching off taxpayers" and how I "need to get a job"

This game does not sound realistic

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
People react to you with extreme emotion because it's the first time they've seen what amounts to a pizza delivery car in their years of just eating soylent in a dark room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Does the Pathfinder answer to anyone or are they the Emperor of all humans now?

Presumably they would answer to the Pakistani salarian guy, who is the leader of the initiative now. Your father also argues with the captain of the ark during the prologue about what they should and who has the authority to call the shots so it's not that well defined?