Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

TR Getaway/Breakaway turned up and he is a cool and good robot who did nothing wrong

He is a cool and good robot who has made a grave tactical error.

Spiderdrake posted:

I left mine in his packaging.

The one prison he'll never escape.

:golfclap:

Phy posted:

Guess it got lost a few pages back, so I'll re-ask: Are the KOMPs on Sirtoys the good Takasa-Tony kind, or do you have to go to ebay for those?

I've three 4 KO MPs from Sirtoys; I can only tell the difference because they are recolors/retools (Exhaust, Cartoon Bluestreak, Golden Lambor) and I may possibly have mild OCD. I had to shave one tab down apiece, because they were scary tight compared to the Takara ones (and shave down the joint on the pelvic flap on Golden Lambor, who isn't even a real toy Takara makes.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Got my wave 3, wasn't buying the Trigger-happy love but holy poo poo it's amazing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Haha, drat. My first big KO flub, I got the two dirt cheap OSKO combiner wars rooks, and their knees are backwards. Oh well. Here's a size comparison with mp bumblebee

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Rhyno posted:

Got my wave 3, wasn't buying the Trigger-happy love but holy poo poo it's amazing.

I honestly can't be more thrilled that it's getting four remolds already.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Wasn't it getting two? What's the other two?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Spiderdrake posted:

Wasn't it getting two? What's the other two?

Topspin, Twintwist, Misfire, and Slugslinger are all extensive remolds.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Topspin and Twintwist are the same base mold, but they don't look like they share anything with Triggerhappy.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Well, here's those rumored Legend/Legion sized Dinobots which are in fact retooled/repainted TF Prime Abominus figures:

Infernocus!

Look at that loving headsculpt!!

Oh, and a Quintesson bonus!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Infernocons? and they combine into Satan.

It seems that the torso is entirely new and bigger than Hun-grr, so it scales better with the limbs. Those seem unchanged though so there's that.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Lepecard posted:

Well, here's those rumored Legend/Legion sized Dinobots which are in fact retooled/repainted TF Prime Abominus figures:

Infernocus!

Look at that loving headsculpt!!

Torso guy is new though, also really hope he gets an oversized knockoff

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Does torso guy have an alt mode?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's weird that it isn't shown, but his weapons that combine into a sword kinda look like a giant tail too? Maybe some sort of serpent?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I own the originals of that and two different KOOS versions and they all SUCK.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I rather like birddude from that set though, and the Rupture paint scheme looks decent in teeny artifacted jpg form. I might get it if it's available singly, and actually turns up here.

Also CW Shockwave turned up from China today. Not perfect, but for the price of it I've got a Shockwave that I will never need to replace in the best size class.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Blackheart posted:

Topspin and Twintwist are the same base mold, but they don't look like they share anything with Triggerhappy.

They both have the torso spin. They just don't have the arms extending back to connect at the legs anymore since the cockpits are molded to have the arms sit flush against them.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Lepecard posted:

Quintessa? This movie's going to have a sexy lady Quintesson, isn't it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Optimus goes to fight the sexy lady Quintesson and she makes him her waifu, he returns to Earth to battle Megatron.

SpazmasterX posted:

They both have the torso spin. They just don't have the arms extending back to connect at the legs anymore since the cockpits are molded to have the arms sit flush against them.
They also don't have the legs. I don't think you can call something a remold when they share a singular common part, or might not, given we don't have them in hand to compare.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

They also don't have the legs. I don't think you can call something a remold when they share a singular common part, or might not, given we don't have them in hand to compare.
Seriously guys, we don't have time for this rookie poo poo. Look up what a remold is or shut it. :colbert:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

I own the originals of that and two different KOOS versions and they all SUCK.

I have the Target see-through plastic version, and they're deeply flawed, I wouldn't go so far as to say they suck.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I have the Target see-through plastic version, and they're deeply flawed, I wouldn't go so far as to say they suck.

SUCK.

One of my primary suppliers of KO's says that Jin-Bao, the guys who made the OS Feral Rex and Warbotron Bruticus are doing an oversized Computron due out late this summer. No word what version but probably the Warbotron version!

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Why did you buy the second and third versions then?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Chinesium addiction is a real problem man.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

One of my primary suppliers of KO's says that Jin-Bao, the guys who made the OS Feral Rex and Warbotron Bruticus are doing an oversized Computron due out late this summer. No word what version but probably the Warbotron version!
Oh man gimme that combiner so bad the company re-branded/split in two after floating that stinker onto market.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

TBH most fully transparent figures are suck. It almost never works to some advantage.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

AzraelNewtype posted:

Why did you buy the second and third versions then?

The originals were $1 each. I got the first OS version because it had a remold to allow you to give him wings which I thought was neat but the soft plastic sucked. Bought the third version for some paint practice and I needed to pad out an order.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Arquinsiel posted:

I rather like birddude from that set though, and the Rupture paint scheme looks decent in teeny artifacted jpg form. I might get it if it's available singly, and actually turns up here.

Yeah the group overall and the combined mode in particular is garbage, but Cutthroat was pretty decent.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blackheart posted:

Infernocons? and they combine into Satan.

It seems that the torso is entirely new and bigger than Hun-grr, so it scales better with the limbs. Those seem unchanged though so there's that.

Satan, or Unicron?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Keldroc posted:

Yeah the group overall and the combined mode in particular is garbage, but Cutthroat was pretty decent.

Yeah, I got the Windrazor and Strafe repaints, and they're actually pretty fun little dudes. The smirk alone makes them worth grabbing. I'm a sucker for a teeny bot though, I bought basically the entire Prime line of those guys. Had to hunt a bunch down online due to questionable distribution here too, so I ended up buying full cases and now have a teeny army of Steves.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I think all the Prime legion Terrorcons are pretty good.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Nah, they all had some pretty glaring flaws. Rippersnapper in particular suffered from issues with the head in both modes that made it just a dissapointing toy.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Was Warbotron Computron that bad? I remember finding it strange that after the first releases people just stopped talking about it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm sure you can get some sunk cost fallacy provoked defenses but it looks terrible and everyone went very quiet about it. The company really did split and I'm of the opinion the one side of the (rumored) split makes garbage still so it's clear where the talent went.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Blackheart posted:

Was Warbotron Computron that bad? I remember finding it strange that after the first releases people just stopped talking about it.

As someone who loved their Bruticus and had no interest in the Maketoys Computron, the Warbotron Computron was just a letdown in all respects. I could never bring myself to pull the trigger on any of their Technobots and apparently I wasn't alone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm aware that it was lackluster but hey, it's gonna be another enormous bot for $100 shipped. I can't complain.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Warbotron Vortex was so loving amateur hour I never had the slightest confidence in their abilities.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Another "new" TF5 toy

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That thing and the Legion combiner are some sort of store exclusive aren't they?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blackheart posted:

That thing and the Legion combiner are some sort of store exclusive aren't they?

I guess. At least they picked a good mold this time.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I might pick that up because I never got that mold and I love that color scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The only problem with the mold is that's Megatron's "eat phase sixers for lunch and poo poo them on Starscream's face" moment in the comics and it's a tiny little thing.

It's a pity no one read Chaos, that scene was good.